Flying out Oct 21st to US and have not booked any accommodation

CJ2001

Mouseketeer
Hi

We are arriving into San Francisco in October & all I have booked are the flights into the US. We are planning on going to New York for 4 nights & 11 nights in Orlando but I have not booked any internal flights or accommodation. I have been waiting to,see if any cheap flights come out but with 7 months to go I am thinking I can't wait much longer.

I have also been waiting to see if any specials come out on disney resorts for October? The latest one is for stays till September, does anyone know if they bring out specials for October/November? And if they do should I wait or should I book what's available now?

Also when does Halloween tickets come out?

Disney have liberal cancellation and payment policies. You could always book a room and then cancel if something better is offered.

As for flights, in researching flights to Salt Lake City, I noticed a general price drop across all airlines when Southwest Airlines released their flights. With 2 bags free, Southwest is good value for money, so it was like all the other airlines wanted to compete with them.

I'm not sure if you will find the same for your routes, but given that Southwest should start releasing your flights over the next month, there may be no harm in waiting. Of course, if you find a price you're happy with in the interim, I would jump on it.

As far as US domestic flights go, I'm a fan of Virgin America. I'm trying JetBlue on an upcoming trip, and I've heard good things about them too.

I wouldnt panic too much, as Wanderlust said, you can book WDW accommodation now and once they bring out better deals you just change it over to that deal. We did it with free dinning a few years back. Disney is good like that. As for booking flights, I am in the same boat, have not booked our internal flights yet and we leave in august.:worried:

Halloween tickets came out in May last year.

I'm with the others. I would book some Disney accommodation now and then see if you can get the discount applied when/if it is extended through to October/November.

Flights is the one that I stress about. Have you looked at the multi-route pricing for your airline of choice? I found that my flights got a discount when I was booking more than one flight on the same transaction.

We're going in September (well, actually we leave late August), and we haven't even got our international flights booked yet :scared1:

I wouldn't worry about it, you've got plenty of time. But as the others have said, you can always book your WDW accommodation then cancel if something better comes up. I don't think it would hurt to hold out until May though if deals with be released then.

As far as domestic flights go, you might find that prices vary day to day, so it could be worth booking those in before your accommodation so you can have some flexibility with dates.

Apparently the best time to book domestic flights is 6 weeks out (according to DisUnplugged) I imagine that's cutting it a bit close for most of us though :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone, I don't feel so unorganised now. Will wait on flight prices.

With the disney accommodation if u book on the website do you have to pay upfront?

Halloween tickets came out in May last year.

I'm with the others. I would book some Disney accommodation now and then see if you can get the discount applied when/if it is extended through to October/November.

Flights is the one that I stress about. Have you looked at the multi-route pricing for your airline of choice? I found that my flights got a discount when I was booking more than one flight on the same transaction.

Thanks will look in May for Halloween tickets :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter