• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying to WDW for Mardi Gras from New Orleans airport?

LovesHauntedMansion

DIS Veteran
MARDI GRAS TRIP -
Although I have been to WDW many times, I have never flown there before? I plan on leaving on Friday, Feb. 28 and returning on March 5. I have been checking the Southwest Airlines website and the only rate I see that is available is $117. By the time I add the fees, it will cost $505 round trip for 2 people. Does that cost sound about right when flying during carnival season? I know people who have flown to Orlando from the New Orleans airport during other times of the year for a lot less? I would appreciate any input on this subject. NOTE: I want the flight to be non-stop.

You should sign up for Southwest's Tuesday email specials. They come in every Tuesday, and two weeks ago they ran a special of $47 each way from New ORleans to Orlando. That is a great rate! The specials come out every Tuesday and you have to book your tickets on line by that Thursday. The Orlando special seemed to book up a lot of their flights for the Mardi Gras week, as we were planning a trip for that time and none of the flights were available, so we moved our trip to November, but it is worth it to keep checking when the specials come out, as they may open up more seats. You can sign up to receive the email on their website.

good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter