Food at Vero

pkmingo

Mouseketeer
Anyone know the prices and/or offerings at Bleachers (pool side) at Vero Beach? Also, can you order carryout at Shutters and pick it up or do you have to order from "in-room" dining (at the higher price)? Also, any good pizza places that deliver there? Thanks!

Exact prices I am not sure. About 5.00 for kids meal which comes in a bucket with shovel and fruit or cookie. They have refillable mugs which helps. The burger prices are about $7-8 for adults. Frozen drinks about the same as any other bar. Sorry couldn't be more helpful.

My DH loves the chicken fingers!!!! He convinces our DD's to order them all the time so he can finish them!!

Bleachers had great burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken fingers, salads, etc. For a sandwich with fries I would say the price was around $5 or so. We had 2 burgers w/ fries and a kid's hot dog meal plus drinks for less than $20.

Not sure on the takeout question.

There is a pizza place at the north end of the resort, I don't remember the name. I'm not sure if they deliver, I just walked over to pick up ours. They also have sandwiches and some dinners as well.

We did Take out at Shutters once for lunch when it started raining and we thought it would be easier having lunch in our Inn room. I'm pretty sure you can do this all the time, but not 100% positive.

Also we have had the pizza at the above mentioned place (can't think of the name either). My husband picked it up and brought it back to the resort.

Yep, the pizza place delivers and has subs and sandwiches too. There might be a restriction that they can only deliver to the lobby, and you have to meet them there. DVC prefers you to purchase thier pizzas, which probably isn't a bad idea, and they were reasonably priced, given..... There is also a very small "gourmet type" store next to the resort which had some nice looking food that was already cooked and ice cream. So, you can go for a short walk up the beach for get ice cream. I think I remember maybe a dozen flavors. There are tables outside to sit and enjoy. This is at the public beach area.

Another idea, is that if you drive out of the resort one night for dinner, on your way home call Bob Evans restaraunt and order some take out food. Pick it up on the way home and heat it up the next day for a couple of nice inexpensive meals that don't require you to leave the resort. I guess that could work from any place that would offer good take home food. They were in the process of building the Bob Evans when we were down there, so we are looking forward to trying this next visit.

You can also come up with a pretty decent couple of meals from the on-site store. Prices are a little high, of course, but not as bad as I thought they might be.

I'd be interested in learning about which restaraunts are available driving North up A1A. Like to try that drive sometime.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

They may be building but a few years ago heading north on A1A got pretty rugged fairly quickly. There's the big Windsor development and then Sebastian Inlet but other than that it seemed to be pretty much beach house type places.

Thanks for all the good suggestions. Also, does anyone know of a grocery store very near by that would be less expensive than the general store? Maybe a little north or on the way in from 95?

Hi ,
we just got back from VB and we found a large Publix(i think) on A1A just a couple miles north of 510 on the left , they have everything there including a bakery and wine store.

the publix is actually on route 1, seems to be a brand new store. Not far away at all.

Hurricane Harbor restaurant in Sebastian has really good, inexpensive food. We took the harbor cruise located also at Hurricane Harbor this past Saturday and went out looking at manatees and dolphin. Very interesting, 2 1/2 hours for $12.95. We went at 3:00 pm, getting back in at 5:30 pm, with 1/2 an hour to spare for the restaurant specials (and happy hour) lasting till 6 pm at the restaurant. Good seafood, with an ocean view! Hurricane Harbor also offers a morning cruise, 10:30 am, which is more of a wilderness cruise, leaving the lagoon and going more inland where the alligators are. We want to go back and try the wilderness cruise next time--the narration on the cruise was excellent! (I know I've wandered off the food topic, but this trip was just so much fun!)
Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter