Delete Thread

So glad to see The Palm redeemed itself and you all had a great anniversary dinner. We have a Palm in DC but I haven't been in forever. Always remember it being delicious though.

I`m so glad you had such a good experience again at The Palm. The steaks there are among some of our favourites for sure.

Food looks as good as ever and glad you had good service too.....I do like Josh`s expression......lol.......and yes, it`s one of the few places we do always make a reservation for as it`s always busy, even on a so called quiet Monday night.

Yes it was really good this time! lol

Nice pictures as always......

Thank you!

So glad to see The Palm redeemed itself and you all had a great anniversary dinner. We have a Palm in DC but I haven't been in forever. Always remember it being delicious though.

:thumbsup2

The balsamic is my favorite, and I had lots of bread, but Josh managed to finish two baskets of bread.:rotfl:
Champion of bread, I salute him!

The basalmic was delicious. It makes me want to buy some fancy kind to dip bread in at home. Normally I'm not big on basalmic for cooking, dressing, etc but this was amazing.

Tagliatelle alla Bolognese
gluten free Tagliatelle, slow braised Bolognese ragu’,Marinara
I actually got to try this because they accidentally brought me this instead of the Cappellaccio that I'd ordered. It was so good too! And I'm just not a red sauce fan but I think it's because cheaper/lower quality sauces just rely on being overpowering, at least to my taste buds.

This was easily one of our favorite meals of the trip and everything was amazing. I'm so glad I finally listened to your reviews! And I still can't believe we booked the exact same time :rotfl:

Your dinner at Bice looks delicious. Reminds me a lot of Il Mulino

The basalmic was delicious. It makes me want to buy some fancy kind to dip bread in at home. Normally I'm not big on basalmic for cooking, dressing, etc but this was amazing.

Same! I usually don't use Balsamic but I love it there.

This was easily one of our favorite meals of the trip and everything was amazing. I'm so glad I finally listened to your reviews! And I still can't believe we booked the exact same time :rotfl:

Yay, I'm glad you liked it! I still think it's funny that we both picked the same time :rotfl:

Your dinner at Bice looks delicious. Reminds me a lot of Il Mulino

It was so good! We haven't been to Il Mulino, but maybe someday.

:eek: The snacks! I didn't know Universal got so creative with their Halloween snacks. I kinda wish Disney did something similar.

I've never heard of Bice before so now it's on my radar for possible meals at Universal. We are only doing one so it's gonna be a tough decision. I keep hearing good things about Mythos too. It seems to be pretty popular.

This was kind of flavorless, and I feel like maybe I should've tried the beef one. Mayo-ketchup with just cheese was a weird combo.

That is disappointing! It sounds like a great portable snack!

One of the reasons I was so excited to stay at Portofino is because we would be very close to Bice. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone staying at a Universal resort or in the Orlando area if they wanted a nice night out and some Italian food.

Have to try to remember this next time. I have not tried any table service at US because I guess I never spend enough time in those parks that I want to take time for a sit down meal? But I think covid may have changed my thinking on that...

Mythos has top notch theming, and is my favorite restaurant in the Universal parks.

Looks amazing

The chocolate, caramel, peanut butter ice cream, and banana is amazing. Alyssa and I both felt the same way about our dishes, and Zack got a Creme Brûlée which he enjoyed as well.

I love anything peanut butter and this sounds so good.

Bride of Frankenstein Cake

Love this! Too bad it was so hard to eat!

S'mores Fries

It was not clear from the photo...are these like actual potato fries with smores toppings? Not sure how I feel about that!

k1JmV4cl.jpg

Mythos has top notch theming, and is my favorite restaurant in the Universal parks. The interior is one of the coolest things, and the food is almost always amazing. (I think we had one meal a few years ago that wasn't great, but every other time it's been amazing).
I don't think I've ever read anything about this restaurant before (or if I did my feeble mind has long since forgotten). But love the cave look of it

Chocolate Banana Gooey Cake
warm flourless chocolate cake drizzled with caramel sauce, topped with peanut butter ice cream, and candied bananas

vpauYdCl.jpg
Um yum!!! This looks delicious

Z94b05nl.jpg

I thought this was the cutest one with the little chocolate knife on top.
:rotfl: Had to laugh out loud that the knife and blood everyone was "cute" in the Raeven book

From the Hill House booth we tried all the different grilled cheese sandwiches. (Brisket, Jalapeño, and just regular cheese).
These look good but what in the world does grilled cheese have to do with Hill House?

13ajo84l.jpg

I loved this. :rotfl: I loved that they had the face on top. It was also a really large dessert (the tin was pretty deep) so it was definitely worth the money. The pie was filled with delicious, gooey, and warm cherry filling.
This is amazing!!!!!!! Now I suddenly want to make a pie like this for Thanksgiving

I would have been all over the salt and vinegar as there is never enough vinegar on anything to please me, but these looks delicious too. What a fun and different way to serve potatoes

:eek: The snacks! I didn't know Universal got so creative with their Halloween snacks. I kinda wish Disney did something similar.

This is the first year they've had so many, but yes I wish Disney did the same this year!

I've never heard of Bice before so now it's on my radar for possible meals at Universal. We are only doing one so it's gonna be a tough decision. I keep hearing good things about Mythos too. It seems to be pretty popular.

Both are delicious! But they're pretty different. I'd recommend Bice for more upscale resort dining and serves Italian food, Mythos is more casual and in the parks and has a more Greek/Mediterranean menu.

That is disappointing! It sounds like a great portable snack!

Honestly they were really messy too, I don't think they'd be very portable.

Have to try to remember this next time. I have not tried any table service at US because I guess I never spend enough time in those parks that I want to take time for a sit down meal? But I think covid may have changed my thinking on that...

That makes sense. I don't do a lot of table service in the parks there, but more at the resorts and Citywalk.

It was not clear from the photo...are these like actual potato fries with smores toppings? Not sure how I feel about that!

Sweet potato fries! Lol the whole dish is sweet.

I don't think I've ever read anything about this restaurant before (or if I did my feeble mind has long since forgotten). But love the cave look of it

It's really cool! That whole area was mostly taken over by the Harry Potter section, but it's in what remains of the Lost Continent area, and the theming is so cool.

:rotfl: Had to laugh out loud that the knife and blood everyone was "cute" in the Raeven book

Adorable little bloody knives :rotfl:

These look good but what in the world does grilled cheese have to do with Hill House?

They called them "tea sandwiches" :rotfl:

This is amazing!!!!!!! Now I suddenly want to make a pie like this for Thanksgiving

You should!

I would have been all over the salt and vinegar as there is never enough vinegar on anything to please me, but these looks delicious too. What a fun and different way to serve potatoes

I'm the same way with vinegar!

This sandwich was delicious. I always love getting the fried chicken, but the dish with just fried chicken is usually too much food for me. This sandwich was the perfect size, and the mac and cheese was creamy and cheesy as always.

This sounds so good. I really hope to get to try this place for the fried chicken in any form lol

Oh this looks amazing. I am so wishing we would have gotten this at Food and Wine. I was "worried" it was too big and would fill us up but now I think that would have been just fine.

nn92il2l.jpg

This sandwich was delicious. I always love getting the fried chicken, but the dish with just fried chicken is usually too much food for me. This sandwich was the perfect size, and the mac and cheese was creamy and cheesy as always.
Great call subbing in the mac and cheese

And more poutine! Still haven't been to the Daily Poutine. We almost grabbed some on our quick September trip but it was so hot eating outside didn't seem like the best of ideas. We ate Polite Pig instead which was also quite good.

A4CDzWIl.jpg

The fried mozzarella was pretty good. (Although when isn't fried mozzarella good? :rotfl:) But the sauce also lacked any real flavor.
Those look pretty good. Don't think I've ever seen fried mozzarella balls before

While I think the theming in Tony's is cute, and if you're looking for a location to eat on Main St it's pretty convenient. It definitely wouldn't be my first choice in Magic Kingdom. I do think it's easier to get an ADR here than a lot of the other restaurants, but I don't see myself going back there anytime soon. I consider it kind of the Olive Garden of Disney, and if you like that it's fine, but I also wouldn't go out of my way for that on vacation when I could get something similar at home
We've never been to Tony's but your assessment is pretty much what I figured it would be. Though I've avoided Olive Garden for a good twenty years or so, so will keep away from Tony's too :rotfl:

I do also think the prices are a bit high for what you're getting (the chicken parm alone was $26), but a lot of restaurants on property have similar pricing.

I find this funny lol because I love Olive Garden lol...but I'm biased because we no longer have Olive Garden in Canada so I look forward to it in the US. BUT it IS because of their salad and breadsticks lol. But I have read some really awful reviews of Tony's and kind of glad to hear that it wasn't THAT bad. I do love the location and theming and that it's easier to get a reservation for, since I'm never really great at picking restaurants six months out if I even have a trip booked that far ahead!

I love the lady and the tramp theme too but your review is spot on to me.

I think zack had the chicken parm last time we went and was happy but he's easy to please and it wasn't anything special. The bread seems a bit sad when it feels like it should be such a big part being Italian food :confused3 I think I had flavorless Alfredo on our last and probably final time. It's not terrible but it's not special for being on vacation, that's for sure!

Great call subbing in the mac and cheese

Yes! They're mac and cheese is the best!

And more poutine! Still haven't been to the Daily Poutine. We almost grabbed some on our quick September trip but it was so hot eating outside didn't seem like the best of ideas. We ate Polite Pig instead which was also quite good.

Yeah it can be hard to eat it outside in the heat. Josh really likes the Polite Pig.

Those look pretty good. Don't think I've ever seen fried mozzarella balls before

I feel like in NY mozzarella is always in stick form, but a lot of the time in FL it seems to be in ball form. :rotfl:

I find this funny lol because I love Olive Garden lol...but I'm biased because we no longer have Olive Garden in Canada so I look forward to it in the US. BUT it IS because of their salad and breadsticks lol. But I have read some really awful reviews of Tony's and kind of glad to hear that it wasn't THAT bad. I do love the location and theming and that it's easier to get a reservation for, since I'm never really great at picking restaurants six months out if I even have a trip booked that far ahead!

Lol it would be easier to love Olive Garden if I hadn't had it so many times. But the salad and breadsticks are exactly what makes it worthwhile.

I love the lady and the tramp theme too but your review is spot on to me.

I think zack had the chicken parm last time we went and was happy but he's easy to please and it wasn't anything special. The bread seems a bit sad when it feels like it should be such a big part being Italian food :confused3 I think I had flavorless Alfredo on our last and probably final time. It's not terrible but it's not special for being on vacation, that's for sure!

I felt the same way about the chicken parm. It was fine, but nothing special. Yes the bread was so sad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter