Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

Sunday we had planned on just staying at the Fort and relaxing, with no real plans. Well original plans were to go to MK and catch some fireworks, but COVID changed those months ago.
We ended up heading to Disney Springs with fellow Disers for dinner a Jaleo. Dinner was good, and our dinner conversation was great. After dinner we headed back to the Fort and had a relaxing evening.
Monday was up and out of bed for breakfast reservations at Ale and Compass. Breakfast was good, and filling. Our fellow Disers Kris and Bert came to our rescue once again and lent us their car, instead of us having to fire up our beast and wake the whole campground.
Monday afternoon was relax and prep for the evening Dismeet. We gathered at tiggerdad's site, about 40 of us from the boards for a good dinner and some great conversations. There were some momento's given to BamaEd as he had organized this get together and put in the hard work involved. After dinner there was a Tusken Raider sighted in the campground, probably looking for Batuu....

Tuesday we were up and off to Disneys Hollywood Studios (the disjointed theme park) with Kris and Bert, followed shortly by the Teamubr group. Got parked and then it was into the wild blue yonder of space, after not getting a boarding pass we headed for Smugglers Run. Maybe the life of smugglers is not for us. We got in Mickey and Minnies Runaway train, then headed to lunch at 50's prime time.
121707035_3648875991800690_8823041697944393087_n.jpg

122438473_3648875645134058_6638208597047672167_n.jpg

122202673_3648873878467568_6753030537954233295_n.jpg

I had the Fried Chicken and DW had the Sampler platter. We shared the onion rings.

Wednesday Morning found us hopping across Bay lake in the fog to arrive at MK. We arrived at the dock and you could not see the island at all. The fog cleared a bit and then would get heavier. It finally cleared enough for the boats to run on time. We got to MK and had our temperature taken once again, then thru security and in we went. There was a character show going on up on the train station level. It was still very foggy and dreary. We headed to Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, then Big Thunder. We then headed for Haunted Mansion and that line took forever. Once off we headed for a late lunch at Liberty Tree tavern. Lunch was so good and so filling, I really needed a nap afterward. In the afternoon we managed The adventures of Pooh, Seven Dwarfs, and Peter Pan's flight. The park closed at six, so no chance to take night photo's of MK or even sunset. We headed back to the Fort via boat and did some more visiting with other Dismembers.

122192354_3648875905134032_7020256402197682584_n.jpg

122214913_3648875855134037_6924823192515570829_n.jpg

Oh and forgot, Wednesday started off with a punishing bicycle ride to the docks, thank you tiggerdad for the lending of the bikes instead of us walking to the dock.

So let's see, that put's us at Thursday, catch bus number two thanks to social distancing to Animal Kingdom. We arrived and head thru security, then head over the bridge for Africa and a ride on Killimanjaro Safari. The line for Flight of Passage, came out of Pandora at the front of the park and wound all the way back to Harambe. We got on the safari and got to see some animals we have not seen before, I know the cheetah was out and moving, for us was a first. After that we took the Gorilla trail, but they were all hiding at the enclosure and none were out and about anywhere else to be seen. We rode Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, and FOP during our trip. Then we headed to Yak and Yeti for dinner. Dinner was nice, got the collectors mug, DW got like 4 refills on her tea, I got none. Maybe it was just our waitress. Had Pineapple upside down cake for desert. Then it was another round of buses to get back to the Fort.

122135133_3644478278907128_7607161111099534177_o.jpg

122187362_3648876578467298_7945669633606129476_n.jpg

Friday found us headed to EPCOT and the family unfriendly drinking going on around the world. We rode Spaceship Earth to start, then Nemo, Living with the Land, the new Planet Movie, then Soarin. We followed that up with Figment then headed to Canada to see the new video there.
Worked our way around, shopping in Japan, then hit Mexico for a boat ride. Frozen never got below 90 mins, so we did not get there. Germany was on tap for dinner. Dinner was good, the pretzel rolls, they were awesome. After dinner it was getting late then sun set and I was not going to deal with buses at closing time. My usual return from Epcot is via monorail to TTC to Contemporary to boat back to the Fort. But since the Epcot monorail is not running, not an option. And well by the walk out, I had seen enough of the drunks locals, to last a lifetime.

122338393_3648877735133849_2865974901172274418_n.jpg

122075551_3644478475573775_4843358977646324640_o.jpg

as usual great pics. I was wondering where the bikes came from when I saw you riding up to the dock.

You know, we just pick them up at the first campsite we come to.....
Nah, tiggerdad was awesome enough to offer them up to us. Save us a couple thousand steps.

Chris great pics but I think Denise will be taking down that Bare Backside of Water shot this is a Family Friendly site afterall

So after coming back from Disney we parked our rig and proceeded to unload for the winter. We winterized the trailer, draining everything and getting it all ready for it's nap. The truck has to be moved one last time yet to get it out of my way. So now to count the days until camping season arrives again. I have some other pictures from the trip, will resize them and get them posted.

Got any planned yet? We already have May, June and July trips planned for 2021, think a March or April is possible too.

Well being in Kansas at least you are in the right state for overly customized HDT's.
Chris,

As to not hijack the Christmas decoration thread, pulling this over here...

Did you get your rig through RVH? I saw the HDT rally in Hutch and if it wasn't a COVID world, it might be fun to go to sometime even though it's like 5 hours away.

Chris,

As to not hijack the Christmas decoration thread, pulling this over here...

Did you get your rig through RVH? I saw the HDT rally in Hutch and if it wasn't a COVID world, it might be fun to go to sometime even though it's like 5 hours away.

Ours is a low budget HDT. It did not come from RVH. Ours was a working truck that came from a dealer in KC. We had a local shop fab the hitch in place. All other work has either been done by me, installing fenders, or by the shop.
We have not been able to make the rally in Hutch, they had a ton of trucks out there this year even with Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter