Footwear for rainy days - recommendations?

courtky

Earning My Ears
We're going in September and I'd love to be prepared for the rainy days. I have amazing shoes for walking but I want something to carry in my bag to switch to if it starts pouring the rain. What footwear is recommended? I've heard crocs but I've never owned a pair of crocs so I don't know a thing about them... would I want clogs or flip flops for the rain? I have a pair of Birkenstocks but they are the plastic material. I got them for a beach trip and they would rub blisters into the tops of my foot. Aren't crocs made from the same material? Just looking for something that won't cause blisters and has good support for all the walking! TIA!

OOFOS flip flops are amAAAAzing.
I discovered them before running the WDW 1/2 marathon. Life savers.

I'll look at them! Thank you. Of course everyone's feet are different, but I love having somewhere to start :P

I like these sketchers sandals. Or these Teva sandals. I tried chachos and they were terrible for me but I know others love them.

Both of these offer good support and dry quickly. For the last 3 years I’ve done over 20 park days each year and walk 6 - 10 miles a day. I don’t wear tennis shoes only the sandals above.

I literally just ordered a pair of these less than an hour ago. Dh has a pair for his foot issues and I’m 33 weeks pregnant with back/feet issues.

For rainy days I’ve always worn my Keen sandals

I literally just ordered a pair of these less than an hour ago. Dh has a pair for his foot issues and I’m 33 weeks pregnant with back/feet issues.

I saw them at a running store, and laughed, “Why would anyone pay $50 for flip flops???!!!”
Then I tried them on.
“Oooooh.”
“I’ll take two pair.”
I bought my sister a pair as she was running the half marathon with me. After the race, she said the only reason she was walking at all was because of those Oofos.

I saw them at a running store, and laughed, “Why would anyone pay $50 for flip flops???!!!”
Then I tried them on.
“Oooooh.”
“I’ll take two pair.”
I bought my sister a pair as she was running the half marathon with me. After the race, she said the only reason she was walking at all was because of those Oofos.
I got a pair of white ones for $39 on amazon. It was the cheapest I could find. I wanted the slide ones but the flip flop style was cheaper

Last year, I wore Keens for the whole trip, and they were fantastic. They dry fast and don’t make your feet too hot, while also providing great support.
Keen Whispers are the bomb.com for rain, especially warm rain.
Keens Uneek.
Keens Whispers for me! Comfortable, dry fast when they get wet, fit my wide feet. I usually buy whatever color's on sale on Amazon when I want another pair. They last a long time, too.

Adidas Terrex are waterproof sneakers. I bought them for a trip to SE Asia and they were comfy, nice looking as well as waterproof.

Keen Uneek sandals for men and women. Super comfort in heat and rain with bungee cord straps.
Last trip it rained every day. On our last day as we left EPCOT it was sprinkling. We gave our umbrellas to a couple with children who were just entering the park and had no rain gear. Please take every opportunity to help pass on some magic.

Attachments

• 07582B3F-D85B-4065-BB19-B02169DCBF17.jpeg
    07582B3F-D85B-4065-BB19-B02169DCBF17.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 13
Keens-- The ones that end in H2 are intended to be more quick drying than some of the ones specifically for hiking. (DH and DS wear the Newport H2s and I have the Venice H2) We have worn them on Disney trips, to Africa during the rainy season, hiking through waterfalls, etc.

They last a long time. My husband had his first pair for at least 8 years. I've had mine for 4-5 and they still look new.
keen-venice-h2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter