For Adoptive parents

DVCajun

<font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong
My husband and I adopted our little boy a couple of years ago and are considering adopting again.

I'd like to hear how you adopted, whether you used an agency and which one, and other experiences if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

I am rushing here this AM, DVCajun, but just an FYI that there was a wonderful thread similar to this with MUCH good input about two weeks or so ago. When search comes back up, hopefully soon, you should go look for it. If you have a hard time finding it, let me know.

We are adoptive parents, through an agency, Catholic Charities, and experience was wonderful.

We adoptive our son Sasha(Alexander) from our states Dept of Soc Services this past fall - He is originally from Russia and there is a long story to how he came to be with us - but We are so HAPPY that he is ours! Our DD now almost 8 and he get along like they grew up together I can't imagine our life without him!
I would highly recommend to anyone that is thinking of adopting to do it - People often say "oh how wonderful it was for you to adopt" But it wasn't wonderful - it was selfish - we wanted another child - Sasha has given us so much JOY! He is truly an amazing child! We get back so much more than we give!:D

Originally posted by yasuern
People often say "oh how wonderful it was for you to adopt" But it wasn't wonderful - it was selfish - we wanted another child - We get back so much more than we give!:D

I second this. Maybe in some ways adoption is selfless, but I think we were more selfish in adopting. We wanted kids without the hassle of a delivery room. Yes, that is my phobia and my DH's. What we got are the two most perfect and wonderful children ever created. :) The fact that they lived in Russia for 5 and 6 years just means that we have more to talk about. They also appreciate everything that America has to offer to them so much more than their American-born friends. They truly know what it is to be poor. They know that the world is their oyster now and we love being able to provide them with the world.

We used an agency in Scranton, PA, upon whose board my DH now sits. We had an awesome experience and would gladly recommend this agency to anyone. Best part was that the process only took us 7 months from start to finish.

Very good friends of ours are going to Russia on Thursday of this week to adopt their DD's brother. They should be home by February 2nd. I can't wait to meet their new son!

I'll be happy to answer any additional questions through PM that you may have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter