For People w/Military Benefits

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We live in WA but I was able to purchase DL tickets from one of the San Diego Naval bases by faxing a copy of my military I.D. and credit card info. 4 day Park Hoppers were $114.50 for adults and $99.50 for children. There was also a $12 FedEx charge but since we were buying 8 tickets we saved a ton of money. PM me if you are eligible and want more info.

We did the same thing here in Ohio. I called ITR office in Columbus and they Fed Ex'd us 5 tickets for a charge of $7.00. We still saved $11 per ticket. She never asked for any faxed ID. When I first called, she asked if we were active or not and I told her my husband was retired. I asked her if she needed a copy of his ID and she said no. I just gave her our CC number and they were here exactly one week later. Not really much of a savings for one day tickets but I'll take even that little bit.

we called the ITR office at Fort Knox and just gave the credit card. We were not asked to fax the ID either. Ours were $119 for the 4 day hopper with $6 fed ex charge. We got ours in 2 days.

Hi. Sorry I have so many questions. I was wondering if my dad could buy tickets for me and the grandkids or can he only buy for himself? He's retired. Do they have 5 day tickets? Also, do these include the early entry like the other hoppers? Thanks. :flower:

Eeyorecln -- Yes, your dad can buy for family members. The five day park $124.50 for adults and $109.50 for children. I am assuming the hoppers include the early entry but don't know for sure. PM me for their phone number if you want to call and find out.

Do any of the DL resorts, or hotels in the area give military rates like at WDW??

webray said:
Do any of the DL resorts, or hotels in the area give military rates like at WDW??

No they don't. The only place you can buy military tickets is at a military base, an ITR office or a hotel such as the Shades of Green. There isn't one like that in California. The closest place from DL is the Los Angeles Exchange at the Air Force Base. The directions say it's only a few miles from Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland and other major attractions. Here's the link, if you want to look at it.

Los Angeles Air Force Base

We were going to do that but decided to order them by mail. The price for mailing them is worth having them in hand when you arrive.

Yep..I know the AF bases well, daughter is stationed there right now.

She doesn't need tickets..just wondering about special resort rates for military personnel.

webray said:
Yep..I know the AF bases well, daughter is stationed there right now.

She doesn't need tickets..just wondering about special resort rates for military personnel.

Ah-h-h. Ok. Misunderstood your question. Sorry I don't have the answer. It would be nice if they did. I entered a request for 5 days and 4 nights at one of the DL hotels for 5 people and the quote came back well over $4000.00!!! And this was just for the room - nothing else. Ouch! I realize it's during their spring break but boy, I can do a lot of traveling with that much money. Hope someone on this board can give you the answer.

When I called to check on rates @ the DL resort hotels a few months ago they said they did not offer any military discounts. Policies change from time to time depending on the circumstances, so it's a good idea to always call and ask.

My Daughter is AFR.
We have reservations @ SOG.
We arrive a week before she arrives.
Staying @ POFQ till she arrives than tranfering.
Is it possiable for her to purchase 2 annual passes @ her base in Co.?
For her brother & me?
If I get them @ the Disney Store here it's almost $73.00 more. :sad1:

Even if they allowed it, you might get in a bind as I think they give you a voucher that has to be traded @ WDW for the actually AP. There's is always the possibility that they will ask to see military ID. Also, I don't recall seeing AP's offered anywhere but SOG. She would probably just have to call the ITT office at her base and ask.

Hi Calypso...
Our eldest son is on his way home from Iraq (the slow route, through Kuwait then Ft. Hood, Texas.) We, too, live in Washington and plan on being in Disneyland spring break (1st week of April). We already have our tickets, but we've been hoping our oldest son can join us in Disneyland.
So...my question is...how long did it take to get your tickets with the military discount? This will be potentially be a rushed thing for him, as he doesn't know exactly when he'll be in Ft. Hood, or when he'll be able to start his leave.
Your help is appreciated!
BTW, you got a great deal...our tickets (5 day park hoppers) were about $400 for two adults and one child...about $134.00 each.
Thanks!

webray said:

I don't know about the on-site hotels, but DH and I just drove from NC to WA and every hotel we stayed at offered a military discount. We were especially happy with the Choice Hotel chain, like Quality Inn and Comfort Inn and they have at least 3 of those in the DL area (although some may not be walking distance), maybe more and they offer a discount and a rewards program. Their standard rooms are a little small, but their suites are very nice.

SeansMom said:
So...my question is...how long did it take to get your tickets with the military discount? This will be potentially be a rushed thing for him, as he doesn't know exactly when he'll be in Ft. Hood, or when he'll be able to start his leave.

Our tickets came via FedEx and we got them two days later. When he gets to Ft. Hood he needs to check with their MWR or ITT office as he might be able to buy the same thing directly from them.

We'll be @ DL the first week of April as well. I plan on wearing my DISboard shirt, so if you see the "Lime Green DIS Machine" come over and say hello. And be sure and tell your son we said "Thank You" for his time spent in Iraq.

Calypso

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter