For those considering a private photo session....

jodybird511

DIS Veteran
Do it!! We had a terrific experience with our photographer, Marshell. We did a 20 minute sunset session, which cost $275--she took about 80 shots. Here are some of the amazing pix she took:

Amiya jump.jpg Family jump.jpg Famiy pic 2018.jpg Kids 2018.jpg

Gorgeous! I love the coordinated blue-gray tones of your shirts. And the one of your child leaping is incredible!!!!

Wonderful pictures! I have a sunset photo shoot reserved.
I see your family is wearing leis.....were they purchased that day or were they from when you checked in?
Thanks. Elaine

Great photos and what a beautiful family you have. The one of your daughter is incredible! I am debating doing this on our multi-generational family trip in October... How far ahead did you book?

This sunset photo shoot session is fabulous! We used DFA photography for our wedding and were thinking of using them again for one of the resort shoots when we go for our five year anniversary. For the 20 minute session, did you stay in the same location for the whole shoot or was there a route that allowed for some different backgrounds (nothing against a gorgeous sunset)? I know you will treasure those photos as much as we have ours as they are filled with joy! pixiedust:

@jodybird511 Great photos!! Did they give you the images on a flash drive? All in the same or different location(s)? How far in advance did you book the session and did you book through Aulani? thanks

Thank you all! I only booked about three weeks prior to our shoot. I just called the number on the Aulani website. For the 20 minute session, there was just one location, and I think you’d be hard pressed to do more than that in 20 mins. Photos came on a dvd, just like the photopass at Aulani—we had to pick it up in the shop the next day. The leis we wore were from check-in. They were about two days old at the time of the photos. We just stored them in the fridge to keep them fresh.

Just a heads up...we did a family shoot and loved the setting, lighting etc. BUT the wind was particularly strong the night of our session. My hair is horrendous in many of the shots despite attempts to keep it controlled. So just be aware this could happen and either chose a style (if possible) that wind doesn’t affect too badly or have some backup locations where wind is less of an issue.

Just a heads up...we did a family shoot and loved the setting, lighting etc. BUT the wind was particularly strong the night of our session. My hair is horrendous in many of the shots despite attempts to keep it controlled. So just be aware this could happen and either chose a style (if possible) that wind doesn’t affect too badly or have some backup locations where wind is less of an issue.

I can definitely see how this could be an issue, as it is FREQUENTLY quite windy on property! I hadn't thought about this, and I guess we were just really lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter