For those if you who have been to SW/Aquatica/BG recently...

I-4Bound

DIS Veteran
How safe did you feel? Are masks being enforced more vigorously than when the parks first reopened?

We are supposed to be driving down at the end of the month. I canceled our June vacation and moved it hoping that the situation would improve. Unfortunately, it looks like it has not. We are staying in a rental home and have the ability to avoid crowds in most circumstances except theme parks. If you have recently been, I would love to hear your feedback on your experience. We have no problem with abiding by the rules, wearing masks, and socially distancing. We are not in a high-risk age group or health situation. If you've got suggestions, bring them on! Thanks a lot☺

I've been to SW multiple times since it reopened (including today), and I've felt very safe each time I go. I feel like the employees do a great job with telling people to have their mask on

Going to Aquatica tomorrow. Any tips would be appreciated. This is our first time. Thanks!

At Sea World right now. Masks aren’t t being enforced. While the crowds do not exist we’re planning to leave after being here less than an hour. It’s not just a single person or two not wearing masks but loads. We spent last week at Universal and they did a great job with mask enforcement.

At Sea World right now. Masks aren’t t being enforced. While the crowds do not exist we’re planning to leave after being here less than an hour. It’s not just a single person or two not wearing masks but loads. We spent last week at Universal and they did a great job with mask enforcement.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this. I know they had a rough start when they first reopened, but other people said they had really increased enforcement. I hope you are able to talk to Guest Services about it

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this. I know they had a rough start when they first reopened, but other people said they had really increased enforcement. I hope you are able to talk to Guest Services about it

We didn’t even bother. The fact that employees are not wearing masks correctly shows how little the higher ups are enforcing it.

Honestly we debated about even visiting the park because of what we had read. But we purchased SW tickets as part of our Discovery Cove package, so the money was already spent. But to see employees and countless guests not following mask requirements highlights our decision to leave early not return. Now Discovery Cove on the other hand was great.

Last edited:

We didn’t even bother. The fact that employees are not wearing masks correctly shows how little the higher ups are enforcing it.

Honestly we debated about even visiting the park because of what we had read. But we purchased SW tickets as part of our Discovery Cove package, so the money was already spent. But to see employees and countless guests not following mask requirements highlights our decision to leave early not return. Now Discovery Cove on the other hand was great.

This is surprising to read. My DH and DSs visit Seaworld multiple times per week and he says they are aggressive about mask wearing and social distrancing. They took my other DS with them last week and he hates masks (kid has been in the house almost 100% since mid-March) and the employees were all over him not wearing it properly or pulling it down.

I've found Universal to be more casual about mask enforcement but social distancing is very easy there and is being enforced in attraction areas and dining.

Has anyone else been lately? We're considering going maybe next month, based on work schedules. We have Fun Cards, and need a break. lol
How is the food situation? Is it hard to find an open restaurant?

I was there on Friday. I didn't have any problems with dining

We were at Sea World on Monday. There were some people not keeping their masks on but not a ton. It was fairly empty so we were easily able to keep our distance.

We were at SW and BG from June 15 to 26 multiple times. Multiple people would have their masks off and it was a crap shoot if staff told them to put mask on or not. Some staff were really vigilant and some were not.

There was consistency with staff near the boarding of the rides. I would say almost all the staff would be reminding riders to put on their masks or keep them on. It is when walking around the park, enforcement would be iffy by staff. I would say about 60-70% would say something to put masks on.

While walking around I found it easy to avoid those without masks. However when in line, it was hard to prevent people that did not follow the spacing marks on the ground and having their masks off.

Now at Universal I felt that they handled the mask policy well and consistently. I saw staff there always telling people to put their masks on when they saw people with masks off. For that reason we went to Universal and Islands of Adventure quiet a few more times during our 3 weeks in Orlando.

In the hot humid summer with a mask on, you will be very thirsty so bring a lot of water. Drank more water than usual when masks were not required.

We went to Sea World today, mask policy was not well enforced, I saw more people not wearing them at all, wearing them below their nose, or wearing them around their chin than people actually wearing them correctly. The only line we actually had was for journey to Atlantis (posted 40 min wait took about 25), literally every single person we saw in line wasn’t wearing the mass correctly and most weren’t following the social distance markers. Thankfully everything else was a walk on, so we rode everything, saw a show and left around 3. Food and beverage lines were definitely the longest in the park. We stopped to check out the 1 single taste of seven seas booth, there were 8 groups ahead of us in line and it took 40 mins to order and get food and drink which felt like way too long in the direct sunlight.

We went to Sea World today, mask policy was not well enforced, I saw more people not wearing them at all, wearing them below their nose, or wearing them around their chin than people actually wearing them correctly. The only line we actually had was for journey to Atlantis (posted 40 min wait took about 25), literally every single person we saw in line wasn’t wearing the mass correctly and most weren’t following the social distance markers. Thankfully everything else was a walk on, so we rode everything, saw a show and left around 3. Food and beverage lines were definitely the longest in the park. We stopped to check out the 1 single taste of seven seas booth, there were 8 groups ahead of us in line and it took 40 mins to order and get food and drink which felt like way too long in the direct sunlight.

Thanks for the report. I'm seeing a LOT of reports like this. We've decided to skip SW and buy tickets to Universal instead, based on their mask positive reviews.

Yes, this was our experience at the end of July. Tons of folks with no mask on or improperly on, and no employee enforcement. It was definitely disappointing. We felt much safer at Disney.

I've read that WDW and Universal have been having guests park their vehicles in every other space at their parks as part of their social distancing practices. Does anyone know if SeaWorld is doing the same thing?

I've seen plenty of employees enforcing the masks (especially at the shows)

I've read that WDW and Universal have been having guests park their vehicles in every other space at their parks as part of their social distancing practices. Does anyone know if SeaWorld is doing the same thing?

Yes, I believe we parked every other space when we were there at the end of July.

Yes, they were doing the every-other-space thing last week.

This was not our experience last week at all. We were there 3 different days, and each day we saw roving teams of 3-4 people whose sole job was to ask people to wear masks correctly and keep social distance. There were some places it wasn't totally working; the penguin exhibit was too crowded, for example. But between the emptiness of the parks, the lack of lines for rides, and these crews going around, we found it to be a very comfortable place for our family to be.

Now, I wasn't in a Disney or Universal park, so I can't compare, but we were more comfortable at SW than Aquatica, where social distancing seemed to be a foreign concept to all. We even ended up in an argument with one group when we just asked them to quit crowding right behind us on a stairway. I took to standing behind the rest of my family so that I could create some space between them and people behind us when I felt they were staying too close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!