For those that are unable to log in to the new boards

WebmasterAlex

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We have found an issue that is affecting a small sub set of users. If you have been on the boards for a long time, you originally had a different username and you created a new username using the same email address the software took the first username, would not allow the second and converted all of the posts to "guest". Our last board did not allow registering multiple users with the same email address and hasn't for at least 6 or 7 years. One way to test is to go to google and put in "Site:disboards.com (what I think my username should be) for example site:disboards.com mouselover
If you find a post you made and it's says guest under your username, that's the issue, please post here.
We are working on a fix but it's not a simple issue

I seem to be in this boat. For a very very long time my username was dahirsh, but I'm being logged in now as Deb same email address and I t'm pretty sure it's the same password. Here's one of my older posts ...

Deb, I think you posted a wrong link above...these are the 2 links you noted on the other thread and were started by "dahirsh"

from 2013: http://www.disboards.com/threads/magical-express-late-evening.3157323/
from 2007: http://www.disboards.com/threads/f-wf-the-dining-plan-and-solo.1426964/

My husband cannot login following the changes, his username is johnnysharp2, says he is banned, he has close to 8000 posts since 2005

@WebmasterAlex , I don't know if this can be fixed but I have had the same username and a few thousand posts....... Had been away from the forums for a few months and when I signed back in a few weeks ago, my post count went to zero. Not a big deal, just wondering what happened.

Please help me fix things. I can not log on at all using my old username of mickey&minniealways. I have had to create an entirely new persona with a different email.

Last edited:
Hi! I searched google for my posts and when i look up my old name pluto's fan, it does say guest. I would like to use my original name again if possible....

I, also have had to visit here using a friend's account because I could not get on as who I am "Cira". Have tried every way...even asking for new password, etc;. Had many, many posts. Please help, it has been frustrating and I miss everyone here. Thanks in advance.

I was able to sign on once, from the date below, however, no more. It says: MOUSKETEER, not guest when I googled it; as below. Have not been able to get on again. Thanks in advance.

Cira and Amy Sabato

Thanks so much to all! It smells so unique and lovely! The candles are a bit overpriced for me, and I purchased one in the past and unfortunately, it didn't smell like the SWAN exactly...LOL, but will try other things like the diffuser. Thanks again! :cool1:
Cira,Nov 30, 2010

Cira
Mouseketeer
from F L O R I D A
Profile PageFollowIgnore
Cira was last seen:
Mar 24, 2015

Ok...husband has been a member for many years..about the same as me. Pirate Mickey was his user name. Cannot sign in now. Would really like to keep user name, history and friends if possible. We will need to change the email. Please help!..:)

Greetings....I am a DIS old-timer.

Doot doot doodle-oodle doot doot do a doot doot doodle-oodle doot doot do….

Last edited:
If an admin can message me, I am a victim of this issue and cannot log into my original username! I was really confused at first and then found this thread! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!