For those who own 700 or more points???

sajetto

Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007
This question may seem strange, but I just wondered what sort of vacation habits you have to own that many points. (ex. How many times a year, what size accomodations, what times of the year?)

Does it ever feel as if you have too many points?

The reason I ask is that my husband and I have decided to continue adding on points at least until we reach 700. We go for about a week and a half in the summer and another week or longer through Christmas. (Christmas Eve through new years day) We would like to stay in at least a one bedroom each time and in a two bedroom after children (We always bring my mother along as well because she bought our first 300 point contract for us as a wedding gift). For those habits would it be too much or finally be enough, or is DVC just one of those things where no matter how much you have you always want more, like money? ;)

I can only speak for our family (of 5) we have 875 points. we go to WDW 3 times a year for a week each. We either get a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom depending on if Grandparents are comming along. In addition we live near Disneyland and use our points for 3 day weekends there as well. We plan to add on at the GCH, and may divest ourselves of some WDW points accordingly.

We have 785 points. DW and I go sevral times a year and stay in studios. This last Feb., wwe stayed the entire month at OKW and SSr in a studio. Also HHI and VB was visited.

We own 1100 points:
VWL- 350
VB- 300
AKL- 450

Our grand plan:
We generally vacation in May and October, then a long weekend in December.
Because our longer trips are in May and Oct, we default to May when calculating points because they are higher in May.

Both May & Oct- We stay 4 nights in a 1br at VB. Every other year we we do a cottage instead of a 1br.
We then do 8 nights in a 1br at either VWL or AKV (savanna or concierge), possibly splitting the stay.
We are planning a GV at AKV every third year.
There is one full weekend at either VWL or AKV.

December- Exactly what season in December will depend on work schedules. We do 4 nights in a studio at VWL. 2 of the 4 nights will likely be weekend nights.

Outside of being slightly VB heavy, that boils down to almost my exact home resort breakdown (I structured it that way).

Of course, this is the plan, but it often varies a bit.
Hope I didn't make this too wordy.. :smokin:

MG

dwelty, thank you and BTW I'm curious about that funny quote in your avatar. Is that really something from Roy Disney? :lmao:

Sully, wow a whole month. That I would LOVE to do

MG, no that wasn't too wordy at all and that makes it quite clear that 700 isn't going to be too much. I'm a teacher so we always have to go in high seasons. We also want to opportunity to stay in a GV at least once or twice so that we can bring more family along. For that reason I believe that we will also be owning the majority of our points at AKV.

We have 725 points regular points after just completeing a 100 add on that really netted us 400 points with the dbl developer points.

We enjoy visits to Disney World :goodvibes but most of our points have been used on DCL. We love to cruise!! :thumbsup2 We just did a 10 day Med cruise using points and cash and that was our 9th DCL cruise. And I just booked a 7 day for next year at spring break plus a weekend trip this Dec.

When we first joined we lived in Massachussetts and now live in FLorida. :banana: I never thought we would have as many points as we do :confused3 but I see adding on more in the future. ;) So when we get to retirement age, or once the kids are out of the nest :scared1: we will take more trips using II or the Adventures Collection.

And, we are selling off 100 points to offset the most recent purchase. :guilty:

We own 1020 points all together spread out over OKW, BWV, Vero and BCV. We will consider another add on in the not so distance future of maybe around 100-200 points.

Our vacation this year was the 10 Day Mediterranean Cruise on Disney Cruise Lines. We booked two staterooms for us and DD's and used 1786 points in total to do this.

Right now we only have 22 of 2007 points left, and all points available for 2008. So, with our cruise habits, and love of WDW, we have just about the right amount of points now.

I'm only up to 430 now, but my "Grand Plan" is to have 765 points eventually. I'd like to have 165 HH points in order to stay 5 nights in a 2BR villa in the summer season. If we want to stay longer than 5 nights, I'd rather pay cash for the weekend, but usually 5 days is about right for a beach vacation for my family.

Then I'd like to have 200 points at BCV, VWL, and AKV, so that we could have 5 nights in a 2 BR in all but the most expensive season 3 times a year. If we wanted a longer vacation we would pay cash and probably start with a weekend at a non-DVC Deluxe resort. I think that would give me the flexibility to use my points for my travel needs and accomodate the future needs of my two daughters and their families.

Since I currently own 165 HH points, 165 BCV points and 100 AKV points, I need 200 VWL, 100 AKV, and 35 BCV to complete my Master Plan. 430 down, 335 to go!!!!

We have 1150 points and like to go about 3 times a year. We almost always bring friends or relatives. We always stay at least a week and we never get studios. We are both retired but for a couple of reasons cannot be gone for extended periods right now. We may, in the future, decide to go for a longer period by ourselves to escape Minnesota winter. But really 1150 points don't go far when you treat others to rooms!

I'm only up to 430 now, but my "Grand Plan" is to have 765 points eventually.
Since I currently own 165 HH points, 165 BCV points and 100 AKV points, I need 200 VWL, 100 AKV, and 35 BCV to complete my Master Plan. 430 down, 335 to go!!!!

Ah, to have 700 points! :cloud9:

I'm at 552, so I only need 148 more. I figure my add-ons at CRV and GCV will cover that! I think my guide has an easy job selling to me...

775 points, (250 BWV, 175 VWL, 150 VB, 100 each AKV and BCV) and we bring family with us for at least a 5 night trip once a year, and we, ourselves or with friends visit WDW around 2-4 other times a year for 3-5 nights. We most often stay in studios, when it's the two of us. We usually get a 2 bedroom and 1-2 studios when we take family trips.

I think we may need 50 more AKV points, DH thinks we need 50 - 100 more VB points, but I seriously doubt that we'll get those until we've lived with these for awhile. We've added on 100 AKV and 100 BCV this year.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We own 730 points:
400 - VB
330 - BWV

1 Week Feb in BC @ VB
1 Week Aug in 2BR @BWV
1 Week Aug in 2BR @ VB

enough points? lol nope always seem to be borrowing!:lmao:

We own 800

300 VWL
300 BWV
200 AKV

We like to go at least 2 times (preferably 3) and with 4 kids we always book a 2 bedroom. We also are doing a cruise next year.

1000 all at BCV.

We enjoy different times of the year.

8 - 10 days in October for F/W and warm weather.
8 - 10 days in January just after the Xmas rush, the weather is iffy.
12 - 15 days in February/March as the weather is turning warmer.
12 - 15 days in March/April when the weather is very nice.

We have only ever stayed at our home resort and for now, we don't plan on staying anywhere else.

2000 all at OKW, one contract
We go quite a few times a year and use anything between a one bedroom to a GV, depending on how many kids are going with us. This year we went down, stayed in a 2br, had 4 staterooms on the cruise, and went back to a GV. We send my parents down for a week and our kids usually use it for a week during Spring break. We also do a 2br at Vero usually anywhere between 5 to 7 days.

1140 points here (formerly 1150 before selling 160 Vero & buying 150 AKV), from a mix of OKW, BCV, HH & AKV

I started in 1997 as a single mom with 1 son - now I have 1 adult son & a significant other who's work keeps him out of state for 5 months of the year. As such, I'm now using some of my vacation time to go visit him each month during his work season.

I/we do mostly studio trips, perhaps with a bigger unit once during the year if we're bringing other people. Every trip includes the expensive weekends, due to maximizing my vacation time. We also live 3 hours away, so we drive there.

In 2007 we did a "couple" long weekend in a studio in January & late Feb. April I did a solo studio long weekend. May was 5-6 nights in a 2br with family, plus a studio for adult son & girlfriend part of the trip. Coming up I've got a long weekend solo studio trip with another studio 1 of those nights for adult son. In Oct we're back to "couple" trips, with almost a week for F&W, followed by another weekend later in the month. Nov we have over a week booked at Thanksgiving, plus a long weekend earlier in the month. All that still left some points, some of which were rented out (people who know/contact me - I haven't had to advertise) & the rest will be banked (not a significant # left....maybe 100 or so). I'd say 2007 was pretty typical for me at this point.

It's really nice to have enough points to be able to add an extra trip here or there as the whim hits us. It's also nice since I have to stretch my vacation time to use the points on the weekend rather than paying cash and/or moving between resorts on short 4-night trips!

I certainly don't need any more points, but don't regret the ones I have - it might be "too many" right now, since I'm able to rent or bank, but who knows what the future holds. If I'm able to spend more time at dvc resorts 5 years from now, using points I bought back in the 90's is alot cheaper than buying the points in the 2010's!

We have 925 pts, and take 4 trips to Disney every year,in either a one or two bedroom. This year we travelled to Florida monthly, so we tried renting about 1/2 our points out, and then using the cash to rent get-away weeks thru ii. We saw many nice Marriotts and often stayed at bargain prices, and used the left-over cash to pay for airfare. Next year we will go back to using all our points for ourselves. It's been fun to see how many different ways we could use those points, but we like being "home.":)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter