Fort Lauderdale - hotel and car rental

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
Hi

We booked our Oasis of the sea Mar 14-21, I have two kids. We are going to stay overnight in Oasis of the Seas on 21st and go home early flight (6:25am) Mar 22nd.

We need airport hotel , ideally in the same building as FLL airport( ideally kinda like Orlando one). Any recommendation?

We may or may not rent car, if we cannot findfind nearby hotel, then car rental is a must ,as we need to leave the hotel basically before 5 30 am and unsure shuttle bus comes that early.

Thanks
TC

We are booked for the same cruise!

There aren't any hotels that are attached to FLL...however there are plenty of hotels nearby with free shuttle service and most airport hotels offer 24/7 shuttle. It will list that information on the hotel info page, but I'm pretty sure that's the standard for airport hotels. Just google FLL airport hotels. Last time we stayed at the FLL airport Hilton. This year I have the Hyatt House booked.

Since you are not flying out the next day, I would recommend that you seriously consider renting a car. You get off the ship pretty early Saturday morning, and then have the entire day/night to explore the area or go shopping. We have a car rental for 4.5 hours that day as our flight leaves MIA at 3ish. We plan to disembark early, get our rental car at FLL and then drive to Sawgrass Mills for some outlet shopping before heading down to Miami. The cost of the car rental is cheaper than a shuttle service for my family all the way to MIA anyways. Look for discount codes, Costco car rentals etc. we are booked with Budget.

The airport and port are SO close together. The only reason taxis cost a bit is that they tag on a $3 and a $10 charge for fares leaving from or going to the airport and port. Otherwise it would be about $5 depending on traffic.

We quite liked the Embassy Suites on 17th. Though in retrospect for our family of 3 we would have taken a taxi to the port. Probably would have cost the same (or maybe less) than using their $8 shuttle to the port, but we would have gotten there MUCH earlier. Tons of shuttles leaving for Carnival Dream; one in over half an hour leaving for Vision of the Seas...

There is quite a lot in easy (though hot) walking distance from that hotel. Took the hop-on hop-off (not a totally accurate phrase for the trolley unless you buy the expensive day pass option) trolley to the beach. Was nice though I bet a taxi would have been cheaper and quicker. Good experience, though.

Car rental is mainly from the airport, so you have to get there to get the car for the most part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter