FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another split stay/annual pass question. I have 9 days at Pop followed by 3 days at Saratoga Springs. I have an annual pass. Might I have issues booking fastpasses all twelve days? I know I should be able to, but have people had problems and had to call? It will be 3 am here.

Yet another split stay/annual pass question. I have 9 days at Pop followed by 3 days at Saratoga Springs. I have an annual pass. Might I have issues booking fastpasses all twelve days? I know I should be able to, but have people had problems and had to call? It will be 3 am here.
You shouldn’t have a problem. All Split Stay info and reports are located in the FP FAQ Sticky:
FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

I’m sure this question has been asked 1 million times, but I don’t want to go back through 300 pages of this thread to find an answer.

I have secured my fast passes for the days we are at the parks next week. I read about people continuing to check and eventually getting fast passes to the ride they want. But my app will not let me look to see if anything else is available since I have all three. Do I have to delete one of them in order to see what’s available?

If I delete one of them, then it may be lost me and I don’t want to lose them. Am I missing something? Again, sorry to post a question that’s probably been asked many times, but I don’t want to go back through thousands of posts.

I’m sure this question has been asked 1 million times, but I don’t want to go back through 300 pages of this thread to find an answer.

I have secured my fast passes for the days we are at the parks next week. I read about people continuing to check and eventually getting fast passes to the ride they want. But my app will not let me look to see if anything else is available since I have all three. Do I have to delete one of them in order to see what’s available?

If I delete one of them, then it may be lost me and I don’t want to lose them. Am I missing something? Again, sorry to post a question that’s probably been asked many times, but I don’t want to go back through thousands of posts.
The steps for Checking Availability in another park or in the same park is outlined in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky. You don’t need to Cancel; accept the Warnings and follow the steps in the Addendum.

The steps for Checking Availability in another park or in the same park is outlined in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky. You don’t need to Cancel; accept the Warnings and follow the steps in the Addendum.

So basically you just said to read through the 300 previous posts. Thanks. Anyone else with a little more immediate suggestions?

So basically you just said to read through the 300 previous posts. Thanks. Anyone else with a little more immediate suggestions?
No; the post with the exact steps is linked in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM’s first post.

This is the FP FAQ thread. You need to read the first post of the FP FAQ ADDENDUM STICKY at the top of this forum.

So, basically you need to read a total of 2 posts and follow the directions.

Nope, not 300 posts. The first 8 posts of the thread @hiroMYhero suggested to you will have all the info you’ll likely need to learn how to check FP availability without having to cancel any FP selections you have already made. Post #2, specifically, has the info you’re looking for.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...l-tier-1-booking-cl-fp-trial-program.3538258/

No, you were told where to find it in this sticky thread. The first post is the index. The second post is the one you need to read.
Read it. Go on the app and there are no “warnings.” Only option is to delete each individual from their current Fastpass selections. I appreciate your offer for help, but I cannot find an answer to my question. Basically... it’s not working for me.

Read it. Go on the app and there are no “warnings.” Only option is to delete each individual from their current Fastpass selections. I appreciate your offer for help, but I cannot find an answer to my question. Basically... it’s not working for me.
Just choose a booked FP and Modify it. The steps for that are in the same post.

To check FP availability for other attractions in the same park you can use the “Modify” function in MDX.

Worth noting, in the tiered parks, if you already have a tier 1 FP booked you would need to attempt to modify that tier 1 in order to be shown any other tier 1 availabitly in that park. If you attempt to modify a tier 2, while also already having a tier 1 booked, you will not be presented with any tier 1 availability.

Last edited:
I speaking to iPhone app, so if you’re on Android it may be a little different. When you are given the warning message that “this guest has plans in another park” click on “keep this guest”.

Notice the last sentence of that message, “You’ll get to review and confirm this change before it’s final.”
Poster has been vague about searching for the same park or a different park that’s why it’s difficult to assist.

Probably just needs to Modify if staying in the same park and these posts need to be moved to the FP FAQ ADDENDUM. ;)

Poster has been vague about searching for the same park or a different park that’s why it’s difficult to assist.

Probably just needs to Modify if staying in the same park and these posts need to be moved to the FP FAQ ADDENDUM. ;)
Yes, for some reason I had it my head that they were attempting to search for FP availability in a different park. I edited my post. Thanks, hiro!

First off - this thread has been great; really helpful. So I understand that booking less than 3 FP will allow you to book a third at a different park as soon as the first one is scanned, but what about in the same park?

For example, say I have the following pre-booked at Epcot:

FEA 10am
SE 11am

I assume I can add an additional Tier 1 FP (Soarin/TT) as soon as I scan in at 10 because I would have already used my current Tier 1, correct? Also, what if the times were flipped (SE @ 10 and FEA @ 11): would I then have to wait until I scan in at FEA to begin looking for additional Tier 1's or could I still do it after the first one is scanned? Thank you!

First off - this thread has been great; really helpful. So I understand that booking less than 3 FP will allow you to book a third at a different park as soon as the first one is scanned, but what about in the same park?

For example, say I have the following pre-booked at Epcot:

FEA 10am
SE 11am

I assume I can add an additional Tier 1 FP (Soarin/TT) as soon as I scan in at 10 because I would have already used my current Tier 1, correct? Also, what if the times were flipped (SE @ 10 and FEA @ 11): would I then have to wait until I scan in at FEA to begin looking for additional Tier 1's or could I still do it after the first one is scanned? Thank you!

You would need to use 2 tier 2 FP's prior to making another tier 1 FP.

Understood - so if the plan is to stay in the same park, it's pointless to pre-book less than 3. Thank you for the quick reply
Exactly. If you're staying in the same park you can just make the 3 FP's, though if you're wanting to get to adding more tier 1 FP's sooner you should look to modify your FP's as you go to earlier times. If you're doing this then it really doesn't make a difference if you have more than just your first FP as you'll be looking to change those for earlier times as soon as you tap your first FP (which I would have as a tier 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!