FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very helpful! Have you checked TSMM and RNR, too? Which is the easier to find the day of? Also, I noticed tonight that BTMRR is gone for tomorrow already. Is this pretty common?

Sorry fot the delay in replying! I've also checked HS. Definitely, TSMM is available as same-day FP almost every day, RNR is available less than 50% of the time, so I'd go with it.
BTMRR is 50/50.

so, if I try to check for fp from my phone on mde, it makes me deselect people from my party to continue (because we are booked already for 3), but then says select someone.... basically won't let me even look.... and i know people are looking for fp even if they already have 3 because they change them/grab a hard to get one if it pops up.

what am I missing?

so, if I try to check for fp from my phone on mde, it makes me deselect people from my party to continue (because we are booked already for 3), but then says select someone.... basically won't let me even look.... and i know people are looking for fp even if they already have 3 because they change them/grab a hard to get one if it pops up.

what am I missing?
You need to follow the prompts to continue beyond the Warnings. The FP system won’t Cancel your FPs if you are only looking for Availability... the directions are if you are checking for a different park on the specific day you are holding FPs.

But, for the same park on the same day, Example: you have FPs for NRJ and want to check for FOP for that day, go to your NRJ FP and Modify.

Hi we just booked yesterday ( from Toronto with west jet vacations because Air Miles changed their booking to use the airmails for gift cards now. So now my agent is telling us it will take West Jet 5 days to receive the Disney booking number. Our 60 days started yesterday. We're staying at the Dolphin starting Dec 15 for 5 days.
Disney and West Jet blame each other to coordinate the transaction.
Any idea if any fast passes will be left on Friday when I will get the number. We haven't been to Disney in 7 years and my 6 year olds first visit. I'm pretty upset, and wish we didn;t book now.

Hi we just booked yesterday ( from Toronto with west jet vacations because Air Miles changed their booking to use the airmails for gift cards now. So now my agent is telling us it will take West Jet 5 days to receive the Disney booking number. Our 60 days started yesterday. We're staying at the Dolphin starting Dec 15 for 5 days.
Disney and West Jet blame each other to coordinate the transaction.
Any idea if any fast passes will be left on Friday when I will get the number. We haven't been to Disney in 7 years and my 6 year olds first visit. I'm pretty upset, and wish we didn;t book now.

For most things, yes. See the Availability post in the FP FAQ for more info.

This thread is amazing!! We are planning 4 parks 1 day for our next trip and this info is sooooo helpful. I'm also usually a FP+ in the PM park (we do midday pool time then hop to a different park) type of person but this may completely change my plans. Thank you!!

This thread is amazing!! We are planning 4 parks 1 day for our next trip and this info is sooooo helpful. I'm also usually a FP+ in the PM park (we do midday pool time then hop to a different park) type of person but this may completely change my plans. Thank you!!
Good luck to you! It sounds fun!!

Others who have done 4 parks in a day begin with 1 pre-booked Tier 1 and immediately book a Tier 1 for Park#2 and Park#3 as soon as they enter the FP line at Park#1.

Good luck to you! It sounds fun!!

Others who have done 4 parks in a day begin with 1 pre-booked Tier 1 and immediately book a Tier 1 for Park#2 and Park#3 as soon as they enter the FP line at Park#1.

That's my plan. I thought I would have to choose all 3 for one park and then book additional ones after those 3 were used. This thread was so helpful.

I have a weird question: on one of our last days next December, we're planning to go to MK in the morning (got a 8:00am BOG breakfast), and hop to AK in the afternoon (got a FoP FP+ at 1:00pm). That means I only have one FP+ for our second park, could I book same-day passes when I enter MK?
Sorry if I missed the answer to this, but every hopping question I find talks about booking for your second park, not the first one...
TIA!

could I book same-day passes when I enter MK?
No. The FP system only knows you are in a park if you actually use 1 FP.

The system does not allow pre-booking for more than 1 park which is what you’ll be doing by attempting to book the MK FPs. If you confirm a FP for MK, you’ll lose your AK FP.

No. The FP system only knows you are in a park if you actually use 1 FP.

The system does not allow pre-booking for more than 1 park which is what you’ll be doing by attempting to book the MK FPs. If you confirm a FP for MK, you’ll lose your AK FP.
I thought so, but wanted to be sure. Thanks a lot! I guess I'll book a KS FP+ then...

Instructions for Checking Availability

You don't have to Cancel when checking availability, rebooking a new park, or when park hopping. Simply follow the instructions below.

From the app:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify"
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system only shows ride availability for time slots that are not blocked by original FP Return Windows.

For some reason these steps don't work for me.

When I have FP booked for each of our 3 days, but want to keep checking for FOP.

When I try the above option online or in App, since we have 3 FP already, I either get a warning that prevents me going further, cancelling one of our FP, or removing guest from party.

I can't see a way to "continue beyond warnings". What am I missing? (Stumped)

For some reason these steps don't work for me.

When I have FP booked for each of our 3 days, but want to keep checking for FOP.

When I try the above option online or in App, since we have 3 FP already, I either get a warning that prevents me going further, cancelling one of our FP, or removing guest from party.

I can't see a way to "continue beyond warnings". What am I missing? (Stumped)
Are you looking for FoP on a day where you already have AK FPs booked? If so, Modify your Tier 1 to look for FoP.

Are you looking for FoP on a day where you already have AK FPs booked? If so, Modify your Tier 1 to look for FoP.

Thanks that worked! FOP still not available

I would also be willing to change to AK on another day if FOP was was available.

Is there a way to check FOP for another day where I have FP booked for other parks, without cancelling first?

Is there a way to check FOP for another day where I have FP booked for other parks, without cancelling first?
Yes. Check one of the Warning choices and continue through to see if FoP is available. If it isn’t, just back out of the window and your FPs remain.

You only lose the original FPs if you choose to book new ones at AK.

Theoretically, if I have a FP Frozen Ever After late in the day due to availability, but I really want to spend more time in another park that day, can I also get a FP in Epcot for 9:05 AM and then when it expires at 10:05, I can then book another FP for another park, even though I already have a FEA FP for Epcot at night? I'm going off of below info, but don't know if I"m stretching things too far here.

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

I can then book another FP for another park, even though I already have a FEA FP for Epcot at night? I'm going off of below info, but don't know if I"m stretching things too far here.
You would have to tap out that 9:00a FP in Epcot. The FP system needs to know you are in a park and have accessed the system. Then it would allow you to book for park#2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!