FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to tap out that 9:00a FP in Epcot. The FP system needs to know you are in a park and have accessed the system. Then it would allow you to book for park#2.

Ok, thanks! I guess there are worse things than going to a park just to use a FP so you can FP other parks before hopping back to Epcot later that day. :scratchin

Ok, thanks! I guess there are worse things than going to a park just to use a FP so you can FP other parks before hopping back to Epcot later that day. :scratchin
You still only have a total of 3 initial FPs for the day that you have to use before booking Fp#4.

If you tap at Epcot for FP#1 and you have a late FP#2 at Epcot, you only have the ability to book FP#3 for another park.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

It’s that late Epcot FP that keeps you from booking FP#4.

Sorry to be dull but our first day is January 7 and we are staying 6 days. Am I understanding the '60+' days concept right if I believe my booking FP+ booking window opens on Nov 8th and I can book FP for the entire trip?

Sorry to be dull but our first day is January 7 and we are staying 6 days. Am I understanding the '60+' days concept right if I believe my booking FP+ booking window opens on Nov 8th and I can book FP for the entire trip?

Correct.

You still only have a total of 3 initial FPs for the day that you have to use before booking Fp#4.

If you tap at Epcot for FP#1 and you have a late FP#2 at Epcot, you only have the ability to book FP#3 for another park.

It’s that late Epcot FP that keeps you from booking FP#4.

I think I understand you. So if I tape Spaceship Earth at 9:05 and then hop to MK, I can make a 2nd FP at MK...let's say Splash Mountain. Once I use Splash Mountain, I can keep making FPs in MK and still have my FP at Frozen Ever After in the evening at Epcot?

I think I understand you. So if I tape Spaceship Earth at 9:05 and then hop to MK, I can make a 2nd FP at MK...let's say Splash Mountain. Once I use Splash Mountain, I can keep making FPs in MK and still have my FP at Frozen Ever After in the evening at Epcot?
No. Splash Mountain would be FP#2 and FEA remains as FP#3 - that unused FEA #3 keeps you from booking any others for MK.

The best strategy is to Rope Drop MK and ride Standby if you want to keep FEA#3. You can always try to move FEA FP to 11a and go to Epcot in the morning.

No. Splash Mountain would be FP#2 and FEA remains as FP#3 - that unused FEA #3 keeps you from booking any others for MK.

The best strategy is to Rope Drop MK and ride Standby if you want to keep FEA#3. You can always try to move FEA FP to 11a and go to Epcot in the morning.
Ok, thanks!

Fast pass with two hotels question. If I am staying at two different hotels, does the 60 day fast pass window open up only for the first hotel at 60 days from my initial check in; then do I have to wait until the 60 day window for my check in to the second hotel, or would I be able to book fast passes for the entire stay at the first 60 day window (staying 10 days).

would I be able to book fast passes for the entire stay at the first 60 day window (staying 10 days).
Yes as long as you have tickets packaged to your 1st Stay, or, the tickets are separately linked.

See the Split Stay section of @mesaboy2’s FP FAQ Sticky.

I'm confused and I apologize lol I'm trying to figure this out for my family who uses a lot of FP's for the kids, so I'm out of practice as I don't tour the same way. I've read the FAQ and may understand. Ha!

Scenario: Flight of Passage FP for the morning. No other fast passes are desired for AK. That day, they arrive, go to AK and use their FoP fastpass in the morning. They are then free to book fastpasses for other parks on their phones, but only one at a time? They do have annual passes/park hoppers.

Please help, and God bless anyone who does. :crazy2:

I'm confused and I apologize lol I'm trying to figure this out for my family who uses a lot of FP's for the kids, so I'm out of practice as I don't tour the same way. I've read the FAQ and may understand. Ha!

Scenario: Flight of Passage FP for the morning. No other fast passes are desired for AK. That day, they arrive, go to AK and use their FoP fastpass in the morning. They are then free to book fastpasses for other parks on their phones, but only one at a time? They do have annual passes/park hoppers.

Please help, and God bless anyone who does. :crazy2:
As soon as they scan that FOP they can book 2 more for any other parks/attractions (except a second Tier 1 at AK) to make up their original 3 they're allowed. Then after they use the third, they can book one at a time after that (just like everyone else with their 4th and subsequent).

That day, they arrive, go to AK and use their FoP fastpass in the morning. They are then free to book fastpasses for other parks on their phones, but only one at a time?
As soon as they enter the FoP FP line, tell them to get on the app and book FP#2 and FP#3. Those 2 FPs can be for any park/parks.

As soon as they scan that FOP they can book 2 more for any other parks/attractions (except a second Tier 1 at AK) to make up their original 3 they're allowed. Then after they use the third, they can book one at a time after that (just like everyone else with their 4th and subsequent).

As soon as they enter the FoP FP line, tell them to get on the app and book FP#2 and FP#3. Those 2 FPs can be for any park/parks.

Thank you both!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I have an AP and I know that AP holders can only book 30 days in advance. However, I noticed that for some reason I can book FP all the way through January 2nd?? Is that normal or am I missing something.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I have an AP and I know that AP holders can only book 30 days in advance. However, I noticed that for some reason I can book FP all the way through January 2nd?? Is that normal or am I missing something.
Do you have an onsite reservation booked? If so, your 60-day window has been rolling forward each day.

If you don’t have an upcoming onsite reservation, just book some FPs. ;)

Do you have an onsite reservation booked? If so, your 60-day window has been rolling forward each day.

If you don’t have an upcoming onsite reservation, just book some FPs. ;)

Ah ok that might make sense then, I do have an onsite stay booked for December 16th for one night but I didn't know it would cause it to rollover. I was thinking maybe they made some unknown change for AP holders! Guess that was wishful thinking :)

We have a trip coming up Jan 30-Feb 6 so my FP+ window would open Nov. 30.
Our APs expire Jan. 15 so I can't renew until Dec. 15. Does that mean I'll be out of luck trying to book FP+ at 60 days since we won't have a valid ticket for that period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!