Free dining 2018?

Mrs Lapo

Mouseketeer
Hey All, I am starting to plan a trip for 2018 and was wondering when the dates for free dining would be announced? And do they typically stick to the same time frame each year? I recall the last time I planned a trip they were offered in the beginning of Sept. I would like to go the first week of December but if I can save with the free dining then I may change that.... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

If I remember right they will come out around April or May.

It is usually for the fall. it can start in August and go through December with many black out dates in October and November. Here are the dates for 2017.

August 21-September 30,November 14-20, November 25-27, and December 8-23, 2017

IF, and I say if because it's never a guarantee that there will be free dining, it is released it won't be until the end of April/May. The last couple of years the dates and room availability has gotten less and less. I wouldn't base a trip on receiving free dining but book and if it does get released and falls during your time then think of it as a bonus.

I love free dining, but with advent of the dog upcharge there will be less rooms to fill. Time will tell.

I know this has been said before, but book trip if you will be going or not. The number that book anticipating or sadly expecting it, shows more full rooms and less need to give FD to fill. I have always been able to get FD well after the fact. Too many people think FD is a right and amazes me the people that get mad when not offered when they are wanting to go. It's a perk not a right.

I just got back and the BB had some summer dates, most of August, very little September if I remember. No October or November and some in December.

Can you save with the free dining? Have you done the math?

Every time I look at free dining and the requirements to get it (have to pay rack rate, have to get X number of days, have to get park hoppers, have to go on certain days) .. it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Book now for when you want to go, keep an eye out for the deals and hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!