Free dining for rebookers

Thomasboys

Mouseketeer
We had a March trip cancelled and have rebooked for June. We got the free dining email today for those who had cancelled trips. We are staying at CBR for eight nights so the current room offer is a decent savings. If we did free dining we’d lose the room offer and then would either need to pay to upgrade to the DDP level or just pay out of pocket for TS meals. It will be interesting to run the numbers....it may break even for us. I wish they would offer the DDP for moderates.

I was one of those people, however you must make your trip by September 30th. Well we can't go then because my daughter is pregnant and when I called to see if they would allow me to have it they said no! I was so upset you have no idea. We were within just 12 hours of traveling down to WDW for our trip. The aftermath has been nothing short of a nightmare with having to reschedule flights and reservations etc. We can't go till November- I just don't think its fair that some get this offer and others do not. Does anyone have the email to guest services or someone else I could get in contact with so talk to about this. It just is not right. I think anyone whose trips had to be moved should be able to take advantage of this offer. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks again so much.

They didn’t have to offer anything to anyone. They’re trying to keep the whole country safe from the spread of a deadly pandemic, not trying to anger and upset people who planned an amazing vacation. Canceling your trip hurt them, too.

I also had my perfect dream Disney trip canceled. I rescheduled. I won’t be surprised if my rescheduled trip is canceled but I also won’t be upset if I don’t get free dining.

I’ll be happy to pay for the food, and I’ll be happy to leave big tips to the CMs left to serve it to me. And I’ll be happy to be able to come back to a functioning WDW that can pay its employees.

I was one of those people, however you must make your trip by September 30th. Well we can't go then because my daughter is pregnant and when I called to see if they would allow me to have it they said no! I was so upset you have no idea. We were within just 12 hours of traveling down to WDW for our trip. The aftermath has been nothing short of a nightmare with having to reschedule flights and reservations etc. We can't go till November- I just don't think its fair that some get this offer and others do not. Does anyone have the email to guest services or someone else I could get in contact with so talk to about this. It just is not right. I think anyone whose trips had to be moved should be able to take advantage of this offer. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks again so much.
Well anyone that that had trips booked can take advantage as long as you travel by September 30th. They are not making this offer to be fair, it just makes sense from a business perspective. They want to get those cancelled bookings back as soon as possible.

I bet there will be a new offer for November trips. Just wait and see. I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered some more free dining. :)

My issue is that if they are going to offer this then it should be to everyone whose trip was abruptly cancelled and not to just some and not others. This isn't fair. I feel I am entitled to my opinion just like you. No they didn't have to.... but yet in a way they did. They have to being people back and this is going to upset a lot of people not just myself. I love Disney always will but sure could use a little bit of happy- and this just makes me that much more sad.

Well anyone that that had trips booked can take advantage as long as you book by September 30th. They are not making this offer to be fair, it just makes sense from a business perspective. They want to get those cancelled bookings back as soon as possible.

I bet there will be a new offer for November trips. Just wait and see. I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered some more free dining. :)

No travel has to be completed by 9/30 not booked by September 30th. I emailed guest services so we shall see how this goes.

They didn’t have to offer anything to anyone. They’re trying to keep the whole country safe from the spread of a deadly pandemic, not trying to anger and upset people who planned an amazing vacation. Canceling your trip hurt them, too.

I also had my perfect dream Disney trip canceled. I rescheduled. I won’t be surprised if my rescheduled trip is canceled but I also won’t be upset if I don’t get free dining.

I’ll be happy to pay for the food, and I’ll be happy to leave big tips to the CMs left to serve it to me. And I’ll be happy to be able to come back to a functioning WDW that can pay its employees.

I’m not upset over this...just curious about how the numbers will work out...

Questions: I received the email and our trip was affected. I already rebooked for August with the Sun & Fun discount. Email said this can’t be combined with any other offers or promotions. Do I need to rebook with Standard rates? We’re Passholders so it’ll be room only. I tried calling but all circuits are busy. Wondering if anyone knew. Thanks.

Questions: I received the email and our trip was affected. I already rebooked for August with the Sun & Fun discount. Email said this can’t be combined with any other offers or promotions. Do I need to rebook with Standard rates? We’re Passholders so it’ll be room only. I tried calling but all circuits are busy. Wondering if anyone knew. Thanks.
Yes. You need to buy a package at rack rate with a minimum of two day tickets for fd.

Also IMPORTANT update on UPGRADING FREE DINING:
You now can upgrade to Disney Dining Plan Plus-which you could not do with the previous free dining offer. Curious, however, if this good will will be extended to already booked free dining reservations.

How strict are the quick service cashiers when enforcing that children age 3-9 must order from kids menu?

I rebooked my May trip to September today, with FD. The cast member on the phone told me with the quick service dining plan if I choose I can use two quick service credits for one tableservice credit during my trip. I asked him are you sure because I’ve never heard of this before and he said yes you can. Can anyone confirm this?

I rebooked my May trip to September today, with FD. The cast member on the phone told me with the quick service dining plan if I choose I can use two quick service credits for one tableservice credit during my trip. I asked him are you sure because I’ve never heard of this before and he said yes you can. Can anyone confirm this?

That is a poorly informed CM. You cannot and never have been able to use 2 QS credits to get a TS meal.

My issue is that if they are going to offer this then it should be to everyone whose trip was abruptly cancelled and not to just some and not others. This isn't fair. I feel I am entitled to my opinion just like you. No they didn't have to.... but yet in a way they did. They have to being people back and this is going to upset a lot of people not just myself. I love Disney always will but sure could use a little bit of happy- and this just makes me that much more sad.

I truly am sorry that the offer does not work for your plans, but I am wondering how far you want Disney to go? Should anyone who had to cancel a trip be given this offer for their next trip even if that next trip can't be until next year, two years from now, five years from now? Where do you make the cutoff?

How strict are the quick service cashiers when enforcing that children age 3-9 must order from kids menu?

the cashiers don’t care how old anyone is

what they are required to do, and you too, are to use a child credit for a child meal. You cannot use a child credit on anything else.

you can purchase whatever you like when paying cash

I truly am sorry that the offer does not work for your plans, but I am wondering how far you want Disney to go? Should anyone who had to cancel a trip be given this offer for their next trip even if that next trip can't be until next year, two years from now, five years from now? Where do you make the cutoff?

Perhaps I was wrong to post my feelings of disappointment in this public forum. Lesson learned. I understand their point of view, it is a business after all. I just was extremely disappointed that I would not be able to take advantage of this offer due to our family circumstances- I am beyond thrilled for my daughter and that this is our first grandchild. At end of the day, this IS the most important thing to me. Family and always will be number one above all else. I am trying to remain positive in all this and will hold out hope that still there might be something out there in the future for us. And if not, well then I will be just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter