Free Dining Plan not available for suites/deluxe resorts?

LoveBugs

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Is it true that the free dining offer is only valid on standard rooms in value resorts? Thanks!

It is not available for any suites, but it is available for all other rooms - value, mod, or delux.

Thanks! So we can stay at any resort, but only in their standard room. What about the villas...is there a "standard" villa that would be eligible?

(I'm new to this :) )

If you are talking about DVC villas, yes the regular dining plan ($37.99 per day adult, $10.99 child) is available for DVC points stays...whether you are an owner, or rent from an owner.

The FREE dining plan is NOT available for points stays.

You might try booking a villa through CRO and asking them if you can add the free dining plan. Not sure, though.

But I know for sure that you cannot get the free dining plan on any DVC points or member discount stays. You must pay rack rate.

Just to satisfy my curiosity I went to the Disney site and it let me add the "free dining" plan to a studio or 2 bedroom at OKW when paying rack rate. In fact every hotel seemed to have that option. The cost for 4 adults and 2 children (1 under 2) for the 2 BR would be over $6800 for the 10 days we are going,. This also includes 10 day PH tickets. You do have the option of buying fewer day tickets but the cost difference between 6 daya nd 10 day is only a few dollars. Sure glad I am a DVC owner and can pay for my DDP. Even with the tickets we will need (2 of us have APs/this will be 3rd triip on them) our cost is no where near that. The 2 staying in the studio would have made out better at a value resort since they rented points but wanted to be at same resort we are so ended up paying about $280 more to be at OKW. It is still a big savings over paying the rack rate at OKW with free dining. It really does seem that the value resorts and moderates may be the only place you really save. Of course maybe with 8 in a 2BR------? If you go to the WDW site and plug in your info you can easily see what the cost will be for all the different categories.

Please forgive my simple questions! How do you check to see if the free dining promotion is available on their site exactly? I see where you can change your package to the "Magic Your Way w/dining," but of course the price goes up accordingly. I've checked a few different resorts in all different room types. Do I have to enter the promotion code somewhere? We're traveling towards the end of September, before the 30th, and are checking non-suite rooms now of course.

Sorry again!

LoveBugs said:
Please forgive my simple questions! How do you check to see if the free dining promotion is available on their site exactly? I see where you can change your package to the "Magic Your Way w/dining," but of course the price goes up accordingly. I've checked a few different resorts in all different room types. Do I have to enter the promotion code somewhere? We're traveling towards the end of September, before the 30th, and are checking non-suite rooms now of course.

Sorry again!

Try this link...

Free Dining Reservations

we booked akl water view and paid for the dining plan, then the free dining plan came out and we just rebooked our package and it saved us money

Lovebugs, if you are considering anythingthatis a DVC, go to the rent/trade board and see what you can get if you pay for dining and rent a villa. You very well could be $$ ahead doing that.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely check out the rent/trade board and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter