Free Dining?

canda

a Dis board vulture
I know we don't get free dining, but I would like to plan a quick 2 night trip next month or in sep. I would like to stay away from free dining if it means lots of crowds.

Any one have experience during this time.

Its too late to plan for meals so It will have to be CS's,

My 1st son turns 4 today and he is now tall enough for BTMR. I really want this to be his first big coaster. He really wants to ride it too. He sees the tv commercials and says I want to ride that.

I have not told him we are going, if I can't get a studio (any resort is fine) and flight.

wish me luck.

pixiedust:

I hope you get a studio and some good airfare. Have a great time!

We're going to AKV in September, over a weekend, and you are right about the meals, probably it will be extremely hard to get table service. I was disappointed when I tried to get dinner ressies, this was about 2 months ago, and too late for what we wanted...I had forgotten about "free dining" crowds.

We went last year, around August 19th, and it wasn't the crowds that did us in, it was the heat, the family picked October for the "Big trip" this year.

Happy Birthday to your son! I hope he gets to ride BTMR!

Bobbi:cake:

Good luck!

We did WDW last Sept during free dining. It was not that bad. In fact, we made ADR's prior to leaving and once we got there we canceled just about every TS and booked a different one (due to illness, loss of appetite or desire to eat somewhere else). Have fun on that coaster!:cool1:

Free dining makes an otherwise slow time busier for Disney, but it does not turn it into anything approaching peak season. A lot of things conspire to make this a relatively difficult time for Disney -- primarily parents being reluctant to pull their kids out of school at the start of a new year, as well as the still uncomfortable Central FL weather in September, the last hurrah of the love bugs, hurricane season... Free dining can only do so much.

So good luck with the trip and especially the coaster. And unless something unusual happens, don't expect the crowds to be daunting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter