Free Dining?

dreamit

DIS Veteran
When on the Disney site today, under the Places to Stay drop down, I saw something along the lines of “Savory Offer” but I selected “View Special Offers” before my brain processed seeing this new offer. Now I am unable to see/find this whether I’m logged in or out. I wonder if this means there is some type of free dining offer on the horizon.

When on the Disney site today, under the Places to Stay drop down, I saw something along the lines of “Savory Offer” but I selected “View Special Offers” before my brain processed seeing this new offer. Now I am unable to see/find this whether I’m logged in or out. I wonder if this means there is some type of free dining offer on the horizon.
If you had a trip cancelled then June 1 through September you get free dining

Yes, as pp said it’s only for folks who’ve had their trip canceled due to covid and it’s only for a limited time, though I suspect once all this clears we’ll see some free dining or other deep discounts similar to after 9-11.

It's NOT "Free"! You have to pay full rate (no discounts) for your room; and additionally they make you buy full rate tickets for everyone in your party. It's usually way more expensive to buy this package than get a room discount and buy your own food as you go.

It's NOT "Free"! You have to pay full rate (no discounts) for your room; and additionally they make you buy full rate tickets for everyone in your party. It's usually way more expensive to buy this package than get a room discount and buy your own food as you go.
that old debate.

ive done the math so many times, for our family of 4, the free dining is such a better deal than a room only discount. its not even close.

In this case there are several instances where it is a savings for people. You only are required to buy base tickets which is a big change from the past few free dining offers where they make you get Park Hoppers. This offer also isn't as limited in resort options as past offers were. Definitely do the math though and see if it works for your party.

In this case there are several instances where it is a savings for people. You only are required to buy base tickets which is a big change from the past few free dining offers where they make you get Park Hoppers. This offer also isn't as limited in resort options as past offers were. Definitely do the math though and see if it works for your party.
Saved me $600.00 over the cancelled trip.. So it does work when it works

that old debate.

ive done the math so many times, for our family of 4, the free dining is such a better deal than a room only discount. its not even close.

Even for my group of 2 it's always been a better deal than a room only (value resort). We always get park hoppers anyway. We skipped it last year because we're just tired of eating to the dining plan, not because it wasn't the better deal.

Even for my group of 2 it's always been a better deal than a room only (value resort). We always get park hoppers anyway. We skipped it last year because we're just tired of eating to the dining plan, not because it wasn't the better deal.
when it was just the 2 of us, it was cheaper than a room only discount for us also.
we dont stay at deluxe resorts. its either value or moderate, lately its been value.

So are lots of people booking this I wonder? We have a June trip planned and I am wondering how many people are re-booking for June. We specifically booked for June to avoid the free dining period- which tends to be more crowded. I am really curious as to how many people will actually be there in June, given the current state of the world. I'm not even sure we will keep our reservation- what will change in June as opposed to now? Right now I am only leaving the house to walk my dogs and to go to to the grocery store once every 4-6 days. Then I wear gloves and use hand sanitizer and wipe everything down with sanitizing wipes. We are under a shelter-in-place order. Police are stopping people in the area and asking them where are going. Am I really going to take my child to a place like Disney in just a few short months, surrounded by people and items they have touched? I don't know. It is so strange.

This impacts me as my trip was scheduled for April… I just got the email. Which dining plans does it apply to? We had booked a Disney dining plan this time with a six night stay at pop century. It was our first time using a dining plan, and it seems like a good deal based on the fact that we wanted to do a few character meals that would be very expensive.

This impacts me as my trip was scheduled for April… I just got the email. Which dining plans does it apply to? We had booked a Disney dining plan this time with a six night stay at pop century. It was our first time using a dining plan, and it seems like a good deal based on the fact that we wanted to do a few character meals that would be very expensive.
It includes QS for values and mods and DDP for deluxe resorts. If staying at Pop Century, you can pay the difference and upgrade the dining plan from QS to DDP.

I had a trip that started May 30th, but the first half of it was booked through a third-party/broker site that’s very popular on the boards. The only recourse I have is to cancel the reservation—they said they weren’t able to modify dates or anything. They would even try calling the Disney wholesale department see if anything could be done given the unprecedented situation. We were really hoping to reschedule for August with the free dining. Any hope?

We had our Disney hotel booked through a third-party that is popular on here as well and I was told today by Disney that they would not offer the FD to us since our Disney hotel was booked this way. I was told to contact the third party to see what they could do which makes no sense to me. I don't know of any third party who can offer a FD promotion so the response felt like "not our problem." Do you mean that the third party was trying to contact the Disney wholesale department and would get back you to?

We had our Disney hotel booked through a third-party that is popular on here as well and I was told today by Disney that they would not offer the FD to us since our Disney hotel was booked this way. I was told to contact the third party to see what they could do which makes no sense to me. I don't know of any third party who can offer a FD promotion so the response felt like "not our problem." Do you mean that the third party was trying to contact the Disney wholesale department and would get back you to?
It sounds like we are in the exact same situation as you 😕 and got the exact same response. Each party told me to contact the other. Disney told me to have the third party company call Disney’s wholesale department and they would try to work something out, but the third party won’t talk to Disney on our behalf. Obviously the trip won’t happen and we want to rebook, but with the higher prices, the only way we can do it with a good promotion.
Let me know if you you have any ideas or luck...
p.s. the kicker was that it was a continuous stay, but the reservations through Disney didn’t start until after June 1st. Both parties can tell it’s one stay and the TRIP is certainly effected.

Last edited:
So are lots of people booking this I wonder? We have a June trip planned and I am wondering how many people are re-booking for June. We specifically booked for June to avoid the free dining period- which tends to be more crowded. I am really curious as to how many people will actually be there in June, given the current state of the world. I'm not even sure we will keep our reservation- what will change in June as opposed to now? Right now I am only leaving the house to walk my dogs and to go to to the grocery store once every 4-6 days. Then I wear gloves and use hand sanitizer and wipe everything down with sanitizing wipes. We are under a shelter-in-place order. Police are stopping people in the area and asking them where are going. Am I really going to take my child to a place like Disney in just a few short months, surrounded by people and items they have touched? I don't know. It is so strange.
I cant see it reopening in June Just my opinion

We are in November 2020 - I would love free dining for November 2021 - maybe a COVID-19 vaccine out by then ;)

Doing this and one member of the party getting an AP and Tables in Wonderland is frequently cheapest way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!