French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

APRIL 9, 2019
ALL THAT! AND PIRATE NIGHT

I think I already mentioned that Aladdin was on hiatus for our cruise
and I was sorely disappointed with the replacement entertainment, with one exception.

A couple nights before this,
my mom and I caught a preview of this dance group in one of the lounges
and oh my goodness…they were amazing!
We knew that we definitely wanted to catch their full show,
and that Allie would love it too so we made it a point to go.

Here is a snippet from the sneak preview that we had seen a couple nights earlier.
If I had known how awesome they were going to be,
I would have started recording earlier :P
Anyway, this gives you an idea...

As expected, Allie loved the show too
and we even waited after the show so she could get her picture taken with them...

Apparently, they were on America's Got Talent a few years back
and now travel around doing their show.
If you ever have a chance to see them, you really should go.
We actually saw them around the ship a bunch in the previous couple days
and they seemed to be really nice and seemed to be enjoying their cruise.
I heard them saying that after this night, they had to disembark the ship and fly home

since were technically working and their job was done…womp, womp :sad1:
Not a bad way to make a living though!

After the show, we decided to go up to Cabana's for dinner
which ended up being REALLY crowded this night.
I'm guessing that there are a lot of people, myself included,
who don't enjoy the Pirate Night menu.
We did have about a 15-20 minute wait to get seated,
and I felt kind of bad for the crew working at the reception desk
because it was so busy and they seemed a little overwhelmed.

When we were seated, I ordered a NY Strip and baked potato...

It was pretty good, and we were happy with our choice to eat here instead of the MDR.

The kids ditched us again after dinner,
and my mom and I stuck around to watch some of the Pirate Night festivities...

Not that we were hungry, but we did go check out the Pirate Night buffet in Cabanas afterwards...

We went back to our stateroom around 11 and had our own pirate and treasure waiting for us...

It was pretty much a perfect day, but going to bed,
I was still super excited for what the next day would hold in store for us!

A couple nights before this,
my mom and I caught a preview of this dance group in one of the lounges
and oh my goodness…they were amazing!
I watched the video. Yes! They're good! I like the routine (what I saw of it anyways. )
:thumbsup2
we even waited after the show so she could get her picture taken with them...
She looks pretty happy. :)
Apparently, they were on America's Got Talent a few years back
and now travel around doing their show.
Oh, really. I do watch the show, but haven't seen all of them. Don't remember them. Might not have seen them.
I'm guessing that there are a lot of people, myself included,
who don't enjoy the Pirate Night menu.
Because it was a buffet?
The kids ditched us again after dinner,
I'm sure you were terribly upset by that... :rolleyes:
We went back to our stateroom around 11 and had our own pirate and treasure waiting for us...
Cute. :)

As much as I loved our Merrytime Cruise, I am definitely looking forward to someday when we do another cruise where we aren't trying to squeeze in all the regular awesome cruise things with special Christmas offerings! Pirate Night was ON Christmas for our sailing, so we didn't have a Pirate Night menu, but a holiday meal instead. My Mom was bummed because she wanted us all dressed up for Christmas dinner, but we wore our Pirate-y stuff instead, so she made us dress up on Christmas Eve instead.

4 nights was definitely not enough to experience it all anyway, but I felt even more scattered because we were trying not to miss anything LOL

So she hadn't run off, huh?

Phew!

Way to build it up!

I wanted you to lower your expectations right from the start :P

Oh, really. I do watch the show, but haven't seen all of them. Don't remember them. Might not have seen them.

I never watch the show, but they showed us clips from their season. I think they came in second though.

Because it was a buffet?

Actually, no. I enjoy the Pirate buffet food but that's kind of late at night for me to be eating. They have tacos tons of desserts, etc. The Pirate night menu served earlier in the MDRs has a LOT of seafood, which I don't eat, plus some Caribbean Jerk chicken or something. It's just not appealing to me which is why we skipped it and went to Cabanas. By the looks of it, a lot of other people thought the same thing.

I'm sure you were terribly upset by that... :rolleyes:

Yes, it was a terrible hardship to sit relaxing on the verandah without hearing my teens complain about something :laughing:

As much as I loved our Merrytime Cruise, I am definitely looking forward to someday when we do another cruise where we aren't trying to squeeze in all the regular awesome cruise things with special Christmas offerings! Pirate Night was ON Christmas for our sailing, so we didn't have a Pirate Night menu, but a holiday meal instead. My Mom was bummed because she wanted us all dressed up for Christmas dinner, but we wore our Pirate-y stuff instead, so she made us dress up on Christmas Eve instead.

4 nights was definitely not enough to experience it all anyway, but I felt even more scattered because we were trying not to miss anything LOL

That makes sense. As much as I think I'd enjoy a Christmas or Halloween themed cruise, I do think in some ways it's detracts from the cruise experience. I actually had a cruise booked for next February and it changed into a "Star Wars Day At Sea" cruise, so I called and changed to March. I just want to go on a cruise and relax and not feel like I have to avoid a whole section of the ship, even though people will say you can avoid the themed stuff. I just don't want to worry about it. I'm not even sure we'll be going on that cruise anyway but I booked it with my placeholder, so we'll see.

Four nights really isn't long enough to experience everything, but if you've never cruised, it does give you some idea whether you enjoy it, or not. For me, this 7-night cruise was my absolute favorite. It's just the right balance between being active and relaxing, which is why I have the same one booked for next year (if it happens).

I wanted you to lower your expectations right from the start :P
:laughing:
I never watch the show, but they showed us clips from their season. I think they came in second though.
Second! Impressive. ::yes::
Actually, no. I enjoy the Pirate buffet food but that's kind of late at night for me to be eating. They have tacos tons of desserts, etc. The Pirate night menu served earlier in the MDRs has a LOT of seafood, which I don't eat, plus some Caribbean Jerk chicken or something. It's just not appealing to me which is why we skipped it and went to Cabanas. By the looks of it, a lot of other people thought the same thing.
Ah. That sounds good to me, however. So I might have done it.
Yes, it was a terrible hardship to sit relaxing on the verandah without hearing my teens complain about something :laughing:
:rolleyes1

How nice your mom was able to visit with her new friend during your excursion! I thought maybe she was lost on Tortuga :hyper:
I love all th character pictures on pirate night.
I am curious, is there a sit down Cabanas and a buffet?
I would love to experience all the different entertainment on board so cool!

How nice your mom was able to visit with her new friend during your excursion! I thought maybe she was lost on Tortuga :hyper:

Or run away with Johnny Depp! :P

I am curious, is there a sit down Cabanas and a buffet?

So Cabanas is a buffet for breakfast and lunch, but during dinner, it turns into a sit down restaurant, but the servers are the ones "earning their ears," so to speak, or in training. It's also not open on the first or last night of the cruise for some reason. Honestly, I wish it was a buffet for dinner, as well. I'm hoping the new ships offer this because sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a long, drawn out dinner.

How cute is that!
Adorable!!!! Glad she had a good time even if she didn't make the trek to the water

How fun! You look so tiny in this picture though. You could totally pass for Wendy

As expected, Allie loved the show too
and we even waited after the show so she could get her picture taken with them...

Wow! They are good and (mostly) nice to look at too. Sounds like a great show.

When we were seated, I ordered a NY Strip and baked potato...
Ok DCL novice here. I thought Cabanas was the buffet? Do they serve a plated meal at night?

Ok DCL novice here. I thought Cabanas was the buffet? Do they serve a plated meal at night?

My fault, I should have explained better. Cabanas is a buffet daily for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, except on the first and last night of the cruise, it becomes a Table Service with a smattering of what's offered in the MDRs. This is where the newer servers are working and kind of in training. It's usually not very crowded and (for us) is a nice break from the MDRs.

APRIL 10, 2019
WAKING UP IN ST. THOMAS

We had big plans for the day, and yes, it included another beach day which for us, is just perfect.
This time my mom would be able to come along too, so even better.

479456 479457

Not such a a bad way to wake up :love:

After my quick run up to Cabanas for some coffee and breakfast,
we got ready and met up with our group in Enchanted Garden.
Some of us were still only half awake...

We amused ourselves while we waited ::yes::

And by 8:15, we were already off the ship and walking to the ferry boat
that would bring us over to St. John.
As you can see, it was a very short walk.

I'm not sure who had the bright idea to sit inside instead of up top, outside,
but that's what we did.
This was not a great choice since being enclosed like that on smaller boats
sometimes makes me a little sea sick.
I learned this the hard way on a whale watch some years ago
off the coast of Massachusetts :crazy2:
Luckily, we were all okay, but there was a couple people who ended up running outside to be sick :sick:

By 9:20, we were off the ferry and on the bus that would take us to Trunk Bay Beach.

To be continued...

We had big plans for the day, and yes, it included another beach day which for us, is just perfect.
Sounds nice and relaxing. :)
Not such a a bad way to wake up :love:
::yes::
That is not how one wears glasses. I've been doing it for decades. Trust me... I know.
I'm not sure who had the bright idea to sit inside instead of up top, outside,
but that's what we did.
This was not a great choice since being enclosed like that on smaller boats
sometimes makes me a little sea sick.
Oh dear. So... why did you???
Luckily, we were all okay, but there was a couple people who ended up running outside to be sick :sick:
Erk!

That does not sound like a fun boat ride. Hope the rest of the day is infinitely better

Very very late but I’m letting you know I am here! if my pattern of behavior is any indication I may not say much but know am really enjoying sailing along with your family!! :flower3:

A BEAUTIFUL way to wake up and start the day!

We amused ourselves while we waited ::yes::
Yep, Nicholas looks SUPER amused :rotfl2:

I hadn't ever gotten seasick before this summer when we were invited out on Rob's friend's boat for the Air and Water show. We were SO excited to go out, but the wind was high and the water was super choppy. Even having taken Dramamine, Jimmy and I were down for the count. Ick!

I hadn't ever gotten seasick before this summer when we were invited out on Rob's friend's boat for the Air and Water show. We were SO excited to go out, but the wind was high and the water was super choppy. Even having taken Dramamine, Jimmy and I were down for the count. Ick!

Yikes! it's such an awful feeling and totally ruins the day, doesn't it? Luckily, for me it doesn't happen all the time and I've never gotten seasick on the ship.

Just subscribing to your trip report. I love it so far! Your pictures and videos of the The Baths are amazing. We have done the eastern Caribbean a couple years ago and loved it, especially Trunk Bay. we always reserve Palo dinner, but i think we may try the brunch this year. T
Which did you like better? The Fantasy is our favorite ship, though we hope to try the magic next year. Looking forward hearing more about your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter