French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

Serious, like, holy cow gorgeous, right??!
Really? You think that is gorgeous??? :P Seriously what wouldn't we give to be somewhere like that right about now

Against my better judgement,
I will post this picture just so you can see what I'm talking about...
Oh come on you know we need to see one with the mask actually on!

I'd never seen these before until recently someone had one at the pool. Very strange sight indeed.

But since then, I have heard that these can be VERY unsafe
and people have died while using them because they rebreathe their CO2 and pass out.
Well now that is downright terrifying. Glad to hear you didn't pass out or drown then

Mike and I were supposed to be visiting WDW 3/15-3/23 for his birthday trip
(today is his actual birthday ☹ ).
Happy belated birthday Mike!!!! Hope you all were able to do a little celebrating even if it wasn't in Disney.

But it still just made me sad and kind of unfocused these last couple days.
Well, it's not in my nature to sit around feeling sorry for myself for too long
and I am trying to see the bright side of things today.
I think we are all feeling that way so glad to hear this place perked you up. We all need that Kelly positivity in our lives.

I actually do have food pictures, but I'll post them in the next post.
Screw what you shop for ya know I'm all about the food!

Really! I've never cruised, but I would've thought that'd be a big production. Huh!

It's not like it's quiet, but I guess if you're distracted you might miss it. And it happens faster than you'd think it would.

Seriously what wouldn't we give to be somewhere like that right about now

For sure. I'm sad for all the people who planned cruises for this year and won't be able to go now :sad1: I'm thankful we got to see this amazing place.

Oh come on you know we need to see one with the mask actually on!

Here's a screenshot from one of my videos…Enjoy! :rotfl2:

Happy belated birthday Mike!!!! Hope you all were able to do a little celebrating even if it wasn't in Disney.

Thanks! I guess I already told you how that turned out :sad1:

I think we are all feeling that way so glad to hear this place perked you up.

It comes and goes, but I'm trying really hard to think good thoughts :love:

Screw what you shop for ya know I'm all about the food!

I'm sure I'm disappointing you in that area, as well!

I'm caught up again. Sorry your March trip was affected by COVID-19 :( We're in the same boat. Both of our spring/summer trips have been cancelled at this point. But reading about your trip has been brightening my spirits a bit tonight :) Stay well!

Sorry your March trip was affected by COVID-19 :( We're in the same boat. Both of our spring/summer trips have been cancelled at this point.

Thank you, I'm sorry to you too :sad1:

When were you going in the summer that it was already cancelled? We have plans for July 2-10 and are still hoping to be able to go🙏🙏🙏

reading about your trip has been brightening my spirits a bit tonight :)

Happy it helps a little. I find myself just heading straight to the Trip Reports page here…everything else is too depressing, but reading about happier times definitely helps. :hug:

Stay well!

Thank you! You too!

Last edited:
When were you going in the summer that it was already cancelled? We have plans for July 2-10 and are still hoping to be able to go🙏🙏🙏

We weren't going till August, but now we can't afford to go with neither of us working for the foreseeable future. Vacation money becomes survival money for a while until things settle. But we'll get back again soon enough! I hope your July trip works out! If it were in May, I wouldn't count on it, but I'm hopeful that things will be much more settled by July.

Wow I am months behind on this TR. I don't make it to the cruise boards very often and I guess the notifications got lost.

Your cruise pictures are absolutely gorgeous. A Disney cruise is on my vacation list for when we're allowed to travel anywhere again.

We weren't going till August, but now we can't afford to go with neither of us working for the foreseeable future. Vacation money becomes survival money for a while until things settle. But we'll get back again soon enough! I hope your July trip works out! If it were in May, I wouldn't count on it, but I'm hopeful that things will be much more settled by July.

I'm so sorry, Meghan :sad1: But obviously that makes sense. We’ve been tightening things up around here as well because even though I’m still working, I’m only working what I absolutely have to and that’s 24 hours/week. I’m used to picking up tons of extra shifts and overtime so my pay is pretty much half of what it was. Still, I’m thankful to have a job. I hope you guys stay healthy and keep your spirits up. Your singing on Facebook has definitely been uplifting.:love:

Wow I am months behind on this TR. I don't make it to the cruise boards very often and I guess the notifications got lost.

Your cruise pictures are absolutely gorgeous. A Disney cruise is on my vacation list for when we're allowed to travel anywhere again.

Hi Courtney! Welcome! I think we’re all doing things we didn’t really used to do before all this craziness! Like I never spend time on the PTR page but I found yours over there by accident so it was meant to be :P

I hope you’re staying well and healthy. And thank you for all you’re doing for everyone during this awful time :worship::love:

Happy Easter, everyone.
We'll be celebrating here with a ham but no family which makes me sad.
I'll run a plant over to my mom's house later and wave from 6-feet away,
and I'm really just thankful that we are still healthy.
I hope you all get to celebrate in some small way,
and pray that next Easter this craziness is all behind us.

APRIL 10, 2019
ANIMATORS UNPALATABLE

As promised, here are our dinner pictures.
Just a warning that the lighting in Animator's Palate is kind of weird
so the pictures don't turn out great,
which is fitting, because that's exactly what we thought of the food…not great.

Nicholas got the Chicken Skewers served with Peanut Sauce and Cucumbers.
He liked the chicken but wouldn't try the sauces.

For his dinner, he got the Spaghetti and Meatballs off the kid's menu...

Allie didn't like anything on the regular menu either,
and ended up ordering off the kid's menu as well.
Behold,
She was very happy with her meal :P

And since this seems to be the theme of this dinner,
my mom didn't like anything on the menu either and just ordered a salad...

I had the Caprese Salad,

and the Chicken Schnitzel, served with Roasted Bacon Potatoes and Green Beans...
This was fine. It's basically a chicken cutlet, which I like.

The saving grace of this dinner was the tried and true, Mickey Bar.

So clearly, this was not a great dining experience for us,
but despite the food, this was still one of our favorite nights.
When we sat down for dinner, we were handed a paper to draw on and some markers.
Eventually our servers collected them and during dessert,
our drawings came to life on the screens all around us!

I'll post all of our pictures next...

Last edited:
APRIL 10, 2019
DRAWN TO LIFE

Here we are with all of our masterpieces...

And then in action...

We never did see Grammy's on the screen
and we were thinking maybe that was because it was so light, it just didn't show up :confused3

The whole show lasted just about five minutes and was so fun to see.
It definitely made up for a less than stellar dinner.

After dinner, the kids went off to VIBE,
but it had been a long day and my mom and I went back to our stateroom to relax,
but someone beat us to it.

If you're still here, thanks for sticking around and reading my cruise report!
I have just two more days to report.
We were on this cruise one year ago this week,
and it's been so nice having these memories to look back on :love:

Last edited:
Happy Easter, everyone.

Happy Easter!

I hope you all get to celebrate in some small way,
and pray that next Easter this craziness is all behind us.

Oo yes I hope we all have a normal Easter and can sit around the table talking about the craziness we survived.

ventually our servers collected them and during dessert,

That's really cool!

We were on this cruise one year ago this week,
and it's been so nice having these memories to look back on :love:

We were in WDW 4 years ago this week and as much as I like seeing the memories, they also make me sad.

Happy Easter. :)

We'll be celebrating here with a ham but no family which makes me sad.
:hug:
the pictures don't turn out great,
which is fitting, because that's exactly what we thought of the food…not great.
Oh, that's too bad. I've heard good things...
No offense, but... that looks like a dead mouse!
:laughing: ooooohhhhh!!!
She was very happy with her meal :P
Ah, kids. :rolleyes:
I had the Caprese Salad,
That looks good!
When we sat down for dinner, we were handed a paper to draw on and some markers.
Eventually our servers collected them and during dessert,
That's cool! Didn't know that happened. :)
What the heck is that??

We were in WDW 4 years ago this week and as much as I like seeing the memories, they also make me sad.

I hear you. My emotions are like a yo-yo these days. This week has so many memories for us. I guess I'm just trying to focus on the fact of how blessed we were to have so many wonderful trips, and we will again someday :hug:

No offense, but... that looks like a dead mouse!

Ack! :scared1: You're right! No offense taken, I won't be defending any of this night's food :sad2:

What the heck is that??

Well, it's obviously a seal relaxing in the sun. Or a sea lion. Yes, clearly a sea lion…or is it a lady??

Happy Easter, one day late, Kelly!

I am moping around today, as I should be at Disney World right now, and the sadness has really hit me :( I was actually in tears yesterday as our plane was leaving without us on board!!

So, today, I'm DISing to make myself feel a little happier, I hope!

The food sure doesn't look too inspiring this night at Animator's Palate. We enjoyed our meal there in December, but only got Crush's visits, no dancing art (I can't remember at the moment, but that's only on certain ships, I think...right?)

Do they ever pass your drawings back out to you? I'm such a saver, it's probably something I'd want back LOL

I am moping around today, as I should be at Disney World right now, and the sadness has really hit me :( I was actually in tears yesterday as our plane was leaving without us on board!!

Aw, I'm so sorry, Jackie :sad1: I totally get it as our March trip was cancelled and I can feel our July trip slipping away as well :sad2:

I'm wondering about our October trip, but I just recently decided I'll book for next April as well. I hope you have some other trips to maybe look forward to?

So, today, I'm DISing to make myself feel a little happier, I hope!

It's a struggle, isn't it? I keep trying to remain positive but sadly, I'm not always successful. We'll all just keep doing the best we can, I guess :hug:

no dancing art (I can't remember at the moment, but that's only on certain ships, I think...right?)

I think it's only on the Fantasy and only on the second night you eat at AP.

Do they ever pass your drawings back out to you? I'm such a saver, it's probably something I'd want back LOL

Yup. I have all of our drawings tucked away, along with all of our drawings we would get at the animation classes on the ship. Heck, I have all of our drawings from forever ago at DHS Animation Academy :love: I always thought they made the best souvenirs ::yes::

I think it's only on the Fantasy and only on the second night you eat at AP.

We are on the Fantasy in November and your post and pictures are helping me maintain some hope. They're also making me hungry- I may have sent a picture of your Cabana's steak to my husband. We've been on the Dream twice and have never tried Cabanas for dinner- with the short itinerary it never made sense for us to but I think it'll be something we need to try next time! We're also really bad about only trying Cabanas for breakfast and lunch- we need to start breaking out and trying the sit down restaurants for those other meals too. I don't think I'll be able to break away from going to Cabanas when we board though- we've done it both other times. We had been on the ship all of 30 minutes on our first cruise and my husband got soup. He asked for some crackers and we got an entire sleeve- we were just like "Oooooooohhhhhh.... This is why people cruise with Disney".

Transportation question- were you pleased with the company you used to get to port?

Hi Kelly,
I hope your Easter was as good as it could be under these circumstances!
Mickey ice cream bars are always a good treat in my book.
We tried the grocery store ones awhile back and not as good as the Disney ones.
The animation of your drawings is very cool.
Take care and positive thoughts for all of us, we sure need them!!
I still really like being on the Dis, reading everyone’s reports sure takes my mind off of all the stress I have! Thanks for continuing to read my TR and update yours! 😘

We are on the Fantasy in November and your post and pictures are helping me maintain some hope.

Hello, and :welcome: to my trip report!

November seems far enough away to have hope, for sure. You're going to love the Fantasy! We can't wait to sail her again someday!

We've been on the Dream twice and have never tried Cabanas for dinner- with the short itinerary it never made sense for us to but I think it'll be something we need to try next time!

Cabanas is a nice break from the MDRs on a longer cruise, but we probably wouldn't skip the MDRs on a shorter cruise either.

I would also try to get PALO dinner in addition to brunch next time.

I don't think I'll be able to break away from going to Cabanas when we board though- we've done it both other times.

Same! I know people find it chaotic…and it kind of is…but we love it anyway :love:

Transportation question- were you pleased with the company you used to get to port?

We were very happy. We used FLTours to the port and I thought they were very reasonable. They have a very nice cost calculator on their website to check prices. After the cruise we took DCL transportation back to MCO.

I hope your Easter was as good as it could be under these circumstances!

I keep telling myself, things could be much, much worse.

Mickey ice cream bars are always a good treat in my book.
We tried the grocery store ones awhile back and not as good as the Disney ones.

I saw them in the store the other day but they were almost $8 and I was too cheap to spend that here! Of course, I have no trouble dropping $5 on one in the parks! :rotfl:

Take care and positive thoughts for all of us, we sure need them!!

Yes, we do! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter