Friends and Family Discount

Not to sound snotty or anything, but you really should have your friend's daughter check for you. It only takes a minute and it is not up to the cast members here to do the checking for those that ask questions. It comes down to the cast members giving too much information that the public should not be aware of. It is okay to let you know when rates are available for you to have you cast friends check for you, but to ask someone to do the legwork that you and your cast friend should be doing is too much to ask. It just isn't as easy as puttin in dates and having a list of resorts come up with availablability.

Hi - I didn't realize it wasn't appropriate to ask for this info. I hate to impose on anyone (including on message boards!) and didn't want to ask my friend to have his daughter look into booking something if I knew for sure that there was nothing available. I'm doing the marathon and want to stay on property for a few days but it looks like availability is limited during this time. I will ask my friend to have his daughter check into this for me. One general question - from reading these threads it looks like once a F&F reservations is made, I can then call up and change it. Does that mean I could switch to another resort with the discount? Once the reservation is made will I have access to availability info?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my posts!

I didn't mean to come across as mean, but it would be easier for the friend to check. Yes, once the reservation is made and you have the confirmation number, you own the reservation and can switch it and make any changes you want. Also, during that time the cast Holiday discount comes into play so you may get a bigger discount and discount dinning plan. These are normally released in October, so call then. I can send you a PM when they are released if you want.
Good luck with the marathon!

Hi - my friend thinks there may be a blackout period from 12/15 - 1/15 for the F&F discount, but he's going to have his daughter check for me. That would be great if you could PM me when the cast Holiday discount comes out. Thanks for wishing me luck on the marathon - I've got a long way to go but I can't wait!

I have booked F&F for that time period before, just this year as a matter of fact. Hope it will work out for you.

Hi,
Is anyone able to tell me if they have any rooms for the Polynesian for January 29 - February 3. What the room category is and price? I'm looking for the cheapest room they have. I have a friend who has a friend that works at Disney World but don't want to bother them if they don't have the room I want available since I don't even know this person.

Much appreciated

This thread is not meant to have cast members check room availability for you. You need to have the friend do that. Why would you bother a stranger to look for you but not a friend. Doesn't make sense to me. This crosses the line on what a cast member can make public to anyone who is not their friend or family.

Well excuse me. What are you the message board police. I see you trolling on everyone's posts and never have anything pleasant to say. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. If they want to look it up they can. Whats the difference if someone on here looks it up or my friends friend looks it up, either way its getting looked up. LOL.

I am not the message board police and I do not troll on everyone's posts and I do try to help when possible. When someone asked a stranger to look up information because they don't want to bother the person who will be booking the friends and family rate that is just wrong. As a cast member there are rules we have to live by and sometimes there are lines that just cannot be crossed.

I have let people on this thread know when the rates have been available for next year so they can ask their friends to book for them. i just think you are asking too much of a cast member to do for you. If you go back in this thread you will find a response by another poster to this same question you have asked. They have also said it is up to the friend to check for you not a cast member on the thread to check for you.

Hi there!

I was looking for some advice about how soon I should book my resort with a CM discount.

My sister has just started as a Cast Member on the Cultural Representatives program. I'm flying over from the UK with some friends to visit her on 10th Feb for the week (which also happens to be half term school break in the UK, so there are likely to be lots of other British guests that week)
We're looking to stay Beach Club or Yacht Club, and my sister will be staying in the room with us. She had a look online yesterday and the best available was 40% at Beach Club Villas and 30% off at Yacht Club. We were hoping for the full 50% off, but should we go for it and book now?? My sister said the hub discounts seem to constantly change, so something better might come up, but the current discounts might also disappear. Do better cast member discounts tend to appear once it passes 6 months out?

One reason I am reluctant to book is one of my friends is still deciding whether to come and hasn't booked her flight yet, so I don't want to commit to putting her name on the reservation if she drops out (unless changing names on a reservation isn't a problem?)

It really is hit or miss with cast discounts. I booked for April next year at the Beach Club at 40% off when they first came out. I called back last week and was able to get 50% off if I upgraded to club level. I did upgrade and it only cost me $200 more from my standard view regular room.

You could book now at the 40% off and if a greater discount becomes available she can always check and see if see if there are rooms at the resort you want included. I love the Epcot area, and many times we have switched to one of the 3 resorts there to get a better discount.

It won't be a problem to change a name or take a name off the reservation. I should also note I am a retired cast member and have to call to book my reservations.

Thanks for the advice KerryCM. I think I'll likely just tell her to go ahead and book the Beach Club Villas, as we'll be happy with that even if it does end up being the 40% discount.

It seems from other comments on here that once she's booked it I'm able to call and check if any other discounts are available (even though I'm not a cast member) Do you know if I'm able to do this on the UK booking line? I'm aware that might be a question for the UK planning boards though, so no worries if you don't know!

Hi. I hand a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

My niece works for Disney corporate in CA.

She just heard that we're planning to return to WDW, our first trip since she was hired. She's offering to look into the Friends and Family discount for us.

I booked the Tripp today, putting down a $550 deposit for a 7 night trip next July, including DDp and parkhoppers, if any of that matters.

.here's my question. Can I still work with our travel agent, or does my niece have to handle the reservation? I'm assuming the travel agent will probably know, but she's on a cruise this week. I'm really curious, but don't want to bother her if someone here knows.

So excited!!!

Last edited:
Hi. I hand a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

My niece works for Disney corporate in CA.

She just heard that we're planning to return to WDW, our first trip since she was hired. She's offering to look into the Friends and Family discount for us.

I booked the Tripp today, putting down a $550 deposit for a 7 night trip next July, including DDp and parkhoppers, if any of that matters.

.here's my question. Can I still work with our travel agent, or does my niece have to handle the reservation? I'm assuming the travel agent will probably know, but she's on a cruise this week. I'm really curious, but don't want to bother her if someone here knows.

So excited!!!
If you go through your niece you will need to cancel the trip you have booked and have your niece book a room only reservation. A dining plan can be added at full price and tickets will need to be purchased seperartly. Once the reservation is made by your niece you then have control of the reservation and can call and make any changes you want to it. You need to decide which way will work better for your family. A travel agent cannot handle a cast made reservation.

Thanks for the advice KerryCM. I think I'll likely just tell her to go ahead and book the Beach Club Villas, as we'll be happy with that even if it does end up being the 40% discount.

It seems from other comments on here that once she's booked it I'm able to call and check if any other discounts are available (even though I'm not a cast member) Do you know if I'm able to do this on the UK booking line? I'm aware that might be a question for the UK planning boards though, so no worries if you don't know!
I am not sure about dealing with the U.K. Booking line. Once the cast member makes the reservation you do then have control of the reservation, so you can always call and check. All they can do is say they can't help you. Good luck and let me know how you make out!

Thanks @KerryCM

Another question: I got insurance as part of the package...That can't be cancelled, right?

I would want it either way.

Last edited:
Thanks Kerry.

I'll wait to hear from my travel agent. I hate the thought of her losing her commission-- she's always so great to work with!!!-- but I'm so excited at the thought of this discount!

Hi! I'll be visiting Nov. 11 - 17 2017, and plan on bringing small treats for Cast Members. I thought it might be a nice holiday surprise for someone to do something for them because they are always trying to make magic for guests. I would like feedback on what might be nice. For example, I am from Kentucky, so I thought of small bourbon bottle samplers. Of course, chocolates. Even hot chocolate tins, as it will be the holiday season. Cookies, etc. Thoughts? Especially about the tiny bottles of good bourbon/rum/etc. Can CMs accept alcohol from guests like that?

Not sure about the alcohol, but the chocolates are a great idea. when we stay club level we bring chocolates and goodies to share with the cast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!