• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From 8 to 80!Seeing the Magic through a new set of eyes-Updated7/15-NEW TR LINK pg 28

Hey team, just as a heads up, I don’t have a whole lot of notes…well…any…from this evening, so I’m going to do as much detailing as I can and see what I remember from the meet and greets and such. I might skip some stuff and not put as much detail into it, but hey, it’s still gonna be a nice wrap up to an awesome trip report, right!? Lol

Paige, Steven and I arrived back at Art of Animation and made the quick trek back to our room to relax, and of course, start getting ready for that evening! The point of this trip had been to party like it’s Halloween everyday, right?!? We all had some pretty awesome costumes for tonight, I was using my Tinkerbell again (and this time had gotten some green spankies for underneath…bonus!) Paige was Sally from NBC, and Steven, oh Steven…he had found an Ursula costume (his favorite character, villain, song, everything is her). But…this costume, was one of those “****ty costumes for girls” things….yup...he was wearing it…granted, with a t-shirt and shorts underneath, but it was still great!

I know I definitely took the most time getting ready, but I took off all the make up I had on, and reapplied, and then had to apply the pixie dust. Problem being; I went to put the glitter on and instead of being smart and sprinkling it into my hand and then my head, I simply attempted to dump it from the tube to my hair… #whooops. Oh well! As I channeled Tinkerbell’s attitude, Steven decided to revisit his #chinlove from earlier…

We got back to the Magic Kingdom, I’m going to guess around five, maybe four thirty, not too shabby, but not as early as I had hoped. Since Tink and the fairies were out all day, we headed over there first, and did end up waiting a while longer than I’d expected. Definitely longer than Paige was okay with, lol, she was getting super concerned with making it to her most important line of the night!

Rosetta was the first fairy friend for us to meet, and Steven had passed of his phone to the attendant, who proceeded to take like, a million photos of just me and Rosetta, on Steven’s phone….which I have only managed to steal ONE of off Steven’s facebook.. She was lovely, but her accent was a little TOO Southern for the character, oh well!

Tinkerbell was excited to see me, and commented pretty much right off the start that she was SUPER jealous that I got A DOUBLE SCOOP OF PIXIE DUST, HOW’D THAT HAPPEN. I explained that it was a special occasion, she was a little worried that Terrance liked me better than her!

She asked if she told Terrance it was a special occasion he would give her a double scoop too, and I assured her that he should!

She was super great and I was glad the interaction went as well as it did! After our little Tinker’s only meet, the other two joined us for some fun and pictures!

We left Pixie Hollow with worries in Paige’s eyes that we wouldn’t make it to Jack and Sally! I assured her that we would be FINE, and Steven said that they were going to be there all night, and we would wait the entire night, it didn’t matter. The three of us joined the line before the party had officially started and certainly weren’t close to the front. We spent the next half hour or so waiting sitting down, Steven and I made a run, literally, around the entire park, for some dinner, and then ate it while waiting.

Eventually, when the line hadn’t moved much at all, and it was nearing 8:00, I decided to duck out. I had been keeping an eye on the space available for parade viewing, and when it started to get crowded, I went to save spots for us! I lost sight of Paige and Steven as they moved up in the line, and did start to get a little worried that they would miss the first parade as the Headless Horseman was already riding!

Luckily, there was JUST enough time around there for them to get through the meet and greet, and cross the road to meet up with me!

Paige said that it was absolutely amazing and perfect, and she nearly cried, and it was perfect. Like, the girl loves her some Nightmare Before Christmas, and was SO incredibly excited to meet the two of them, it would be like, if they brought Lottie out for a night and I happened to be there…I’d DIE. But now, it was time for ALL OF US TO DIE BECAUSE IT WAS TIME FOR FREAKING BOO TO YOU, AGAIN, FOR THE THIRD TIME FOR US AS A GROUP AND FOR THE SEVENTH TIME FOR ME THIS YEAR!!!

….yes…I just said seventh...

Guys you best be listening to Boo To You for this entire update…like, just do it, it makes LIFE SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE! WHY CAN’T EVERY PARADE BE BOO TO YOU?!!?

Obviously as soon as the music started, Paige and I were dancing and singing along, and tonight, even Steven was bopping along to the music which was great to see, oh, how the changes would come!

He of course freaked out over his favorite, Peter Pan, once again. I got a couple of shout outs from the Lost Boys which was lovely, but it was when the pirate dancers came by that it became interesting….I pointed out our stilts friend to Paige and Steven, and I’m PRETTY SURE that he half saw us. Like, the moment you see someone, but it doesn’t really register who they are/where you know them from until later, it was kind of like that.

BUT REALLY WHO FREAKIGN CARES WHEN THERE’S GRAVE DIGGERS COMING UP NEXT BECAUSE I SURE AS HECK DOOOONNNTTT

Another reason I like watching Boo To You around this area is because it’s SO much better lit than the rest of the park and some of my pictures actually turn out!

JUST LET ME BEEEEE YOOUUUUU

One day….one day…

The villains band is still another one of my favorite parts of the parade! So awesome!

Welp, another successful parade for all of us! It was incredible! Duh. We also did let a pair of smaller kids in front of us to watch the parade as I always try to, I mean, they’re little I can see over their heads no problem!

…ps…Steven just turned on Boo To You while at work….oop…it just changed to Move It Shake It…

With the parade finished, we raced out little butts down to the castle end of the hub to watch the Villians Mix and Mingle, we were too far back to catch any of the greets, BUT enjoyed the show nonetheless. After that, we figured we’d hit up the other must do meet of the night, being Ariel, as we had an Ursula with us!

I budgeted the time when we reached the Grotto, and figuring by the posted time, and the length of the actual line, I figured we would have enough time to get out and back to the Hub for Hallowishes after this too, bonus! Welp, I ha guessed wrong…the wait time was much longer than anticipated, and we heard Hallowishes begin as we were the next family in line for Ariel…sadface! Luckily, we still had seen it the other party, so it wasn’t like we missed out completely.

The plan for Ariel was to let Steven go in first, and see how Ariel reacted to him, and let them have their own little moment before Paige and I jumped in.

Her reaction was pretty priceless…she was all “ohh…ohhhhh…uhm…yeah….this is a problem…” Lol. They had a little chat about how maybe Ursula wasn’t all that bad, and hey, it was Halloween so maybe she wasn’t in quite as bad of a mood as usual. Ariel definitely took hold of one of Steven’s tentacles while they were talking, I assumed just to see what it was made of or something, but she continued to hold onto it for the rest of the greet, hilarious!

We all agreed that stealing voices was no good, and made sure to take some pictures with everyone.

By the time we finished the greet, the fireworks were over, which was saddening, but we were okay with it. We were pretty much done with everything major we had wanted to do that evening, so we took our sweet time heading down Main Street so I could attempt to find a cupcake snack, and Steven browsed through some of the merchandise at the Emporium. Eventually, we ended up back at Town Square, and made sure to claim our spot for the parade with ample room and time to spare!

Steven was off shopping for a bit, while Paige and I were spread out as much as we could to save some space for the second parade! While he was off wandering around, we noticed a guy around our age with a super cute Christopher Robin costume on, we commented that we liked his costume, and that kind of turned out to be a mistake….he ended up being one of those types that just keeps talking, and asking questions, personal questions, and not quite catching the hint that you’re finished with the conversation. He apparently also got super snarky when Steven came back and asked if he was with us after Paige and I ran over to Starbucks quickly. #awkward.

I had originally wanted Starbucks for the chocolate peanut butter cupcake, but turns out they don’t have them at all during the party. I ended up choosing a snack from the confectionary and by the time we made it back to our spot, the Creepa Crew was coming out to dance!

When they were done we noticed that the Tremaines were just out roving around the Square, seriously, just wandering. I’m pretty sure they’d just come out for their set, and they had no set line or anything, it was super weird and hilarious to watch as when the parade began, Lady Tremaine simply stood behind the first row and watched, while Anastasia and Drizella sat down within a group to watch the parade…

The weird Christopher Robin that was beside us got a lot of attention from the Pooh gang, so that was nice to see!

Aaaaand the moment that the pirates came around was bound to be a fun one! We were standing pretty much in the same spot as the last go around, and knew that the dancers turned to face the sidewalks for part of their chroreo. Stilts friend definitely saw me before that bit, and nodded/waved as much as he could while dancing with a “what the eff? You’re back again? Or still here?” kind of look on his face, hilarity! Once the Villains section went past we zoomed our little butts down to the Hub to grab a good spot for the Villains Mix and Mingle!

Paige and I both had a moment of dancer “oh my god that’s amazing” when one of the male dancers directly in front of our viewing spot spun, and continued spinning, like a low, coupe amazing spin that we both flailed over because it was so amazing, we didn’t even have time to process it and whoo out to him before it was over! Lol. Amazing.

Dr Facilier was a great meet, no idea really what we said, but hey, it was still awesome, and he was still as creepy as per usual! THOSE HANDS THO, like seriously, they look so awesome and real, it helps for the show too, to really exaggerate his hand movements!

The party was winding down by now, it was around 11:30, and everyone was filing out of the park, but we had one last stop! We had decided that if the line wasn’t that long near the end of the night, we’d pop back to the princesses to visit the room with the other two Princesses! Downside of the Fairytale Hall was that, you have to line up twice to see everyone. Oh well!

We had a nice chat with the attendant at the front of the line while we waited and soon enough, were greeted with Cinderella and Prince Charming.

I’m sure we talked about costumes, pixie dust, the usual.

Don’t remember a whole lot about Aurora and Phillip, but I do know that they commented that Steven didn’t have a costume on. He retorted with the fact that he was Maleficent, but had taken his costume off. Aurora wasn’t sure how she felt about that, so Steven said he was actually Ursula, apparently that was better! He also straight up told Aurora that she was his second least favorite princess…. #awkward. This was only the beginning of the insanity of meet and greets with Steven…

After our Princesses friends and us said good bye, we slowly made our way out of the park, it was the last time I’d see the park for a while, and if you know me, you know what’s coming. I explained my tradition to Steven, and up to the Train Station we went!

Two of my FAVORITE photos! I definitely have to recreate them during the day and on a non Halloween night! It was definitely a different way to say good bye to Magic Kingdom tonight. MNSSHP provided a different theme to the park, a different lighting pattern, different music, it had a completely different feel than a normal night. It was a little weird, but super great still!

It was also super sad. On such a quick and full trip, there wasn’t even enough time to process that we were leaving the next morning until that very moment. Each trip, as you all know, saying goodbye is not easy, and for me I’ve found that it has gotten more and more difficult every time I have to leave. Calgary is not home, Disney is, Florida is, there’s something that pulls me there, say’s “Welcome Home” the second I’m on their soil, from the moment I step off the airplane until the moment I step back on, I’m at peace, I’m where I belong, and where my heart truly surges with emotion and happiness and everything that is wonderful and it tears it apart to have to leave each time. Hopefully, by the time this is posted I will have completed THE audition and will be hearing positive news, and if not, we’re waitin’ for those parade/FOTLK auditions, or really, any full time position with the company to open up.

To real time update on that, the auditions have started to be more successful, but the one hasn't happened yet, but I do have good news for those of you who don't follow along on facebook yet!

And to finish this all off with, http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51241650#post51241650 is the link to my next adventure of trip reports! Be sure to check it out!! :)

Oh my lord the costumes!!!! You look great of course, Paige's costume is super cool, and Steven. What can I say but BIG UPS for that!! :worship:

Ah what a great meet with the real Tink. It must be extra fun to meet a character wearing their costume.

UNREAL!!! Seventh Boo to You this year. That is seriously impressive for someone who doesn't work there. :rolleyes1

Hahaha Ariel looks moritified in the first picture. As she should since she's sitting with Ursella.

Oh my, you, and particularly you and Paige, sure so meet some interesting cats in Disney. I seem to remember a simlar encounter in a previous TR. Maybe at the resort?

Wow, it's fascinating to see the difference in the crowd size between the 2 parades.

Oh my lord the costumes!!!! You look great of course, Paige's costume is super cool, and Steven. What can I say but BIG UPS for that!! :worship:

Ah what a great meet with the real Tink. It must be extra fun to meet a character wearing their costume.

UNREAL!!! Seventh Boo to You this year. That is seriously impressive for someone who doesn't work there. :rolleyes1

Hahaha Ariel looks moritified in the first picture. As she should since she's sitting with Ursella.

Oh my, you, and particularly you and Paige, sure so meet some interesting cats in Disney. I seem to remember a simlar encounter in a previous TR. Maybe at the resort?

Wow, it's fascinating to see the difference in the crowd size between the 2 parades.

Ahahahaha yeah, the costumes were quite entertaining to say the least!! I cannot WAIT for this years! I'm actually HATING that it's a holiday today because my costume for the 24 hr event has cleared customs and is on it's way here right now!…sort of…

It makes the meet and greet just that much better when you have a costume from their movie, and I love that little Tinker so much, she likes to hang out in the winter woods when Peri's around too and she's just absolute perfection!

Ahahaha, yeah, Miranda pointed out that with my program I will be spanning TWO halloween seasons!!! :dance3::rotfl2::cool1:princess: I don't think I'll be able to handle it!!

Ahaha it was perfect!

Hmm…lol I know there were some creepers working bell services at AoA that wanted us to come party, even after we mentioned Paige's bf and the fact that she was underage. Then there was drunk snow white back in Feb….#awkward bahaha

Those last two pictures are absolutely incredible!!! :goodvibes so beautiful.

Aww, Katt, I just know that something will work out for you soon... You WILL be working at Disney, I'm certain of it! Looking forward to some great news soon!!! :hug:

Love the costumes and everything about the Halloween party!!! :thumbsup2

And Steven as Ursula at the beginning of the party and magically turning into Buzz at the end... Priceless!!! :rotfl2:

Those last two pictures are absolutely incredible!!! :goodvibes so beautiful.

Aww, Katt, I just know that something will work out for you soon... You WILL be working at Disney, I'm certain of it! Looking forward to some great news soon!!! :hug:
Thank you so much!! And for both comments!!
I do actually have good news pertaining to working at Disney, thought I'd shared in this TR already, BUT, I applied for the Cultural Rep program for wokring over in Canada in Epcot and got accepted!!! I'll be down there for a year starting in Oct:hyper: hoping that I can make it more permanent of course lol

Love the costumes and everything about the Halloween party!!! :thumbsup2

And Steven as Ursula at the beginning of the party and magically turning into Buzz at the end... Priceless!!! :rotfl2:

Thank you!!

MNSSPH is really worth it, such an amazing experience!!

ahahaha YES!

How did I miss that?!? A huge congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing you there on my next trip!!! :goodvibes

Subbed to them both!!! :thumbsup2

I was worried something happened :scared: and you didn't like us anymore... Whew, what a relief that it was just me not seeing your new TR's... :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter