From Magic Run Weekend 2019 to Dopey 2020 (Comments welcome)

It comes down to the totality of the training plan more than any single individual run. But it's a hard mindset to break for sure.
Yes, I try to get used to it and this time I am running very close to whats written in your TP ;-) My longest run before the Marathon are three 13 Mile Runs and the HM at Disneyland Paris. Cannot wait for the Dopey Training, ...

8/05/19 - 8/12/19

Another week in the books, oh boy, that week was tough!

Monday - Day Off

Tuesday - Track Tuesday & 8K @ EB
On Track Tuesdays, Billy always wants me to run some extra Miles. I tried it after the Intervals, but that does not work pretty good.

Today I ran 8km before I met with some other runner and we started with a slow 1.9km warm up followed by the planned Intervals.

We did two rounds of 1‘/1‘; 2‘/2‘; 3‘/3‘; 2‘/2‘; 1‘/1‘.

At the first two fast Intervals, my legs did not feel that good. Not sore, but in some ways stiff. The three Minutes Intervall was better and with the Intervals getting shorter again, I got used to it and could keep/improve my pace.

The second round was a little bit faster than the first one. At the last two Minutes Intervall, I ran beside Mara and she did not give an inch. So we both ran a pretty solid pace. The last Minute Intervall had the best pace as we all could improve a bit.

After a small break, we did a 1.9km Cool Down and made Plans for a BBQ, after next week's Intervals.
Was: 18.1km - 2:02:13 - 6:44 Minutes / km

Wednesday -
6K @ EA
Running slow can be so hard. To slow you down, let other runners pass and keep yourself at a slow pace.

This time I ran around the lake in the opposite direction, just to get some other impressions. Works good, the run was fun and I felt good at the end.
Was: 6.7km - 48:32 - 7:18 Minutes / km

Tuesday -
Swimming
Took the lunch break for a swim. Headed to a swimming pool near to my workplace and swam 2.000m.

After the fast intervals and the easy run yesterday, the swim was a great alternative and good ;)
Was: 2.000m - 42:39 - 2:08 Minutes / 100m

Tuesday -
11K @ EB & Strides
I met with a fellow runner, who had not run for a couple of weeks. I told him that I had to run an easy pace of 6:55 Minutes per Kilometer. He was happy with it and he also saw no problems in running 11kms.

We started a little bit faster than the pace we talked about but were able to slow us down a bit. While running and talking, time flys by and before we noticed it, we were on our way back.

During the last Kilometer of the run, we did five strides and finished with a good feeling. The pace was a little bit faster, then discussed before.
Was: 11.0km - 1:13:33 - 6:40 Minutes / km

Friday -
7K @ WU, 6.5K @ HM Pace, 1K @ Daniels T, 3K @ CD
This was a run, I could not await. Running fast for at least 7.5km and testing my nutrition again for race day.

I took three Maurten 100 Gels and planned to take one every 5km. Even if I only had to run 2.5km after I would take the last Gel. Further, I decided to run this course in the opposite direction, as usual, that would offer me another drink stop at a fountain 2.5 km before the end of the run. To simulate the race day water stops, I carried a small bottle with 17oz of pure water.

When I arrived at my starting point, it began to rain. I was happy to try out my brand new Under Armour rain jacket. Huge mistake!

The last week, I had learned a lot about cumulative fatigue and my legs felt really tired. After all those runs this week, I could not expect anything else. I started at a very easy pace, but a little bit faster the recommended warm up pace. My legs did not feel sore, it was more like a little bit stiff and, yes, tired. The longer I ran, the more I was able to shake that feeling out of my legs.

After 5kms I opened my first Gel, emptied it and drank some water. At this easy pace, not a problem at all. 2km more at this slow and boring pace, not a fun task, while the rain gets heavier. Yeah, I have got that fancy looking Under Armour rain jacket. That damn thing did not breath! I was sweating like hell and every now and then I had to release rivers of sweat out of my sleeves. Never again, ...

Beep, beep, beep! My Garmin told me to get faster, yes Halfmarathon Pace, here we goooooo. I slowly increase my pace until I reached 6:00 Minutes / Kilometer. I tried to hold that pace and to increase it a little bit more as 5:55 Minutes / Kilometer is my Halfmarathon Pace.

My legs felt strange. But this is normal, they always need some time, after a longer portion of running slow. A few meters before I reached the 10 KM mark, I opened the second Gel. Well, I tried and finally did it. How to eat it at that pace? I get a little bit in my mouth, tried to chew it, a little bit fell out of my mouth, while I tried to breathe. Swallowed, took another bit of the Gel, put it in my cheeks. Oh boy, I have to train this before race day ;-)

After 3kms at Halfmarathon Pace, I knew, that I could not run the total 6.5km in that Pace. And that I was for sure not able to increase the pace and reach Daniels T Pace. I tried to talk me into this, that everything is ok and that I have to learn, how it feels to run with tired legs. And my legs have been tired.

After 4 KMs at the Halfmarathon Pace, I reached the second bridge of my run and this bridge is also a return point. Running up the bridge slowed me down and let me feel one more time, how tire my legs have been. At that point, I realized how much tailwind I had on my way here. From now on I had to fight a headwind.

Wind and rain, I did not enjoy running on that bridge. Though I was able to increase my pace a little bit and also on my way back to my starting point I tried my best.

Beep, beep, beep! My Garmin told me that I had to run at Daniels T Pace. No way! BUT, I tried to go faster from the pace I actually was running. That worked.

At 14.8 KM or so, I reached the fountain. I stopped, drank some water, refilled my bottle for the last 2.7 KMs, ate my Gel and headed back at Cool Down Pace to my car.

In the end, I am happy with this run. I was able to complete it without walking. Even if my legs felt tired, sorry for mentioning this so often, I had no other pain or trouble, which is also a very good sign for me. I had a hard week so far. Track Tuesday was 6 KM longer in the End than Billy had written it in the Training plan. I went swimming on Wednesday and did the easy run on the same day a little bit too fast. Rain, wind and temperatures a little bit too high also had an impact on my performance. Cannot wait for the next long run ;)
Was: 17.5km - 2:02:28 - 7:00 Minutes / km

Saturday -
Day Off

Sunday - 10K @ EA
After a rest day with a Thai Massage, this Sunday morning easy run was kind of fun again.

Maybe just a tiny little bit too fast, but my GPS had some problems with all the trees in the woods. So I ran a lot after heart rate.
Was: 10.4km - 1:16:14 - 7:18 Minutes / km

Sunday -
Swimming
Sunday is Swimday, so we headed to a swimming pool and I did a 2.000m Swim.

Even with some slower swimmer on my lane, I was able to improve some of my (unofficial) PRs.

750m: 15:12 -> 14:59 Minutes
1.000m: 20:38 -> 20:08 Minutes
1.500m: 31:20 -> 30:35 Minutes

Later we joined my parents in law for a nice BBQ.

Calories Out, Calories In ;)
Was: 2.000m - 41:26 - 2:04 Minutes / 100m

This Weeks Total:
Running:
63.8km - 7:23:00h
Swimming: 4.0km - 1:24:05h

Lessons learned? A lot! Coming soon ;)

40 days to go until Magic Run Weekend first Race!

Oh boy, I have to train this before race day ;-)
Until training for the marathon, I had no idea how many fueling mistakes I had been making for years. Ultimately, these mistakes had minimal impact on my half marathon efforts, but I had been dramatically under fueling in relation to what I would need for the marathon. Fortunately, I discovered this problem during training and after some trial and experimenting with different types of fuel settled on a solution that allowed to successfully ingest the amount of fuel I needed without having in training tummy troubles.

In the past, I thought I can run a Halfmarathon without Gel or any nutrition else than Water. But I want to try it this time. I felt good in my last nutrition test runs. The Maurten Gel tastes better than their Drinks and I do not like to carry a bottle on race day. So, I have to learn, getting used to the Gel ;-)

I am going to run a Maraton in October. The organizer offers tables next to each water stop, where you can put your own nutrition on. Even if you are not Elite, you can use this service and I take this chance. That time I am going to use (throw away)bottles with the Maurten Drink.

Lessons learned from last weeks training?!

Well, first of all, I now understand the purpose of EA runs. Suddenly it just made *CLICK* and I understand, that those runs are active regeneration.

The Long Run on Friday finally showed me, that I can run longer than I thought. Even with tired legs. Ok, I have to work on the pace, but my mindset is going to change.

And I miss Athleteclass. I got a Trainingsplan with a lot of exercises but have not been able to do them once. Happy, when it starts on 26/8 again.

Yesterday, I learned about Challenge Daytona. Oh boy, I did not want to do a Triathlon again. BUT, they swim in the Lake that is based inside the Daytona International Speedway 😲 . I did not even now, that there is a Lake!!! Maybe this is a goal for 2021.

Talking goals. I could not sleep last night, so I was thinking about my goals and I set the following for this year. I know, I am late to this game.

Swimming
Swim 5.000m nonstop, no time goal

Running
Sub 2:10h Half-Marathon
Sub 5:00h Marathon

08/13 - 08/18

And here we go with another week of training :-)

Monday - Day Off

Tueday - Track Tuesday & 5K @ EB
Ran the 5K alone and had no issues at all.

Met with 5 other Runners and we did the same Intervals as last week. Pyramide Style :-) Two sets of 1'/2'/3'/2'/1'. I did good and felt strong after finishing these Intervals. We did a short cool down run.

Because of the weather we had to cancel our BBQ. Instead, we visited a small kiosk, had some drinks and talked a bit.
Was: 14.0km - 1:33:19 - 6:39 Minutes / KM

Wednesday -
Day Off

Thursday - 9K @ EB & Strides
Did this easy run in a light hilly terrain. Nothing special happens, just running, being alone with my thoughts. Nearly missed the strides and did a few in the last Kilometer of the run.
Was: 9.3km - 1:01:53 - 6:49 Minutes / KM

Friday -
2K WU, 6K @ M Tempo, 1K CD
Drank 17oz of Maurten before the run. Headed to a Lake, did some stretches and started easy running. After 2KM of warm-up, I am getting faster until I hit the Marathon Pace. My GPS was a bit shaky, as an effect of this, it made me run a little bit too fast. I nearly hit Half Marathon Pace.

2K___WU__6K___M_Tempo__1K___CD.png

Today I was also testing my new breast belt to measure my heart rate. I had one of Garmin's newest belts. But after a year it got some problems with the Battery. So I ordered one of their older belts and for a while, I used the wrist heart rate measuring. But for me, it is not that much accurate.

My heart rate was, even at HM Pace, too high. That is one thing I notice, since being on @DopeyBadger Plan and doing the easy runs right. My heart rate dropped. I am pretty happy about this!

After all, that run was, once again, a little bit too fast. Anyway, it felt good, during and after the run.
Was: 9.3km - 59:41 - 6:26 Minutes / Kilometer

Saturday -
Day Off

Sunday - 8K @ EA
Ah, that was a tough one. Getting up early on Sunday and it rained. Sitting on the edge on my bed, checking the weather forecast on my smartphone, finding an excuse to stay in bed with my girl. But the forecast said, raining all day!

Putting my stuff together, heading into the woods and did an 8K easy run. After all, the best thing you can do.

Coming home, my girlfriend had set up the bathtub for me and I could enjoy a warm bath after that wet and cold run.
Was: 8.8km - 1:04:17 - 7:19 Minutes / KM

Sunday -
Swimming
In the evening, we headed to an indoor swimming pool. Because of the bad weather, it was very crowded. At first, I only could swim 25m at a time. But after a while, there was a lane only with faster swimmers. I joined them, man these guys have been really fast. A was nearly the slowest on in this group.

After all, I did a new PR at 400m, a 1 second improvement :-)
400m: 7:39 -> 7:38 Minutes
Was: 2.100m - 40:49 - 1:57 Minutes / 100 Meters

This Weeks Total:
Running:
41.2km - 4:39:10h
Swimming: 2.1km - 0:40:49h

Lessons Learned?
The Maurten Drink works great right before a run, but that taste :rolleyes:

For this weeks long nutrition test run, I am going to test once again the Maurten Gel. I would like to use it at the Disneyland Half Marathon. But I also ordered a pack of Clif Bloks. Trying these the following week. But I am a little bit afraid of their Caffeine, do not know if this might rise my heart rate up?!

IMG_3660.jpg

After all, I was thinking about the years running costumes. As I am running the 5K with my girlfriend, we are going to run as Mr. & Mrs. Buzz Lightyear ;-) For the 10K, I was thinking about a Snow White Costume, even if it might look a little bit strange, a guy in a Princess outfit :rolleyes: The 10K is themed Princesses and her Sidekicks. But I do not wanna be a Sidekick. Anyway, I am still thinking about that costume:

chamaleon.jpg

I have to run the 10K at easy pace, because of my Half Marathon Goal. So, that costume would not be so hard to run in.

For the Half I chose a normal running outfit. I need a good PoT for the WDW Marathon Weekend. But I am going to have my "Hakuna Run Harder" Shirt with me :-)

33 days to go until Magic Run Weekend first Race!

Last edited:
08/13 - 08/18

And here we go with another week of training :-)

Monday - Day Off

Tueday - Track Tuesday & 5K @ EB
Ran the 5K alone and had no issues at all.

Met with 5 other Runners and we did the same Intervals as last week. Pyramide Style :-) Two sets of 1'/2'/3'/2'/1'. I did good and felt strong after finishing these Intervals. We did a short cool down run.

Because of the weather we had to cancel our BBQ. Instead, we visited a small kiosk, had some drinks and talked a bit.
Was: 14.0km - 1:33:19 - 6:39 Minutes / KM

Wednesday -
Day Off

Thursday - 9K @ EB & Strides
Did this easy run in a light hilly terrain. Nothing special happens, just running, being alone with my thoughts. Nearly missed the strides and did a few in the last Kilometer of the run.
Was: 9.3km - 1:01:53 - 6:49 Minutes / KM

Friday -
2K WU, 6K @ M Tempo, 1K CD
Drank 17oz of Maurten before the run. Headed to a Lake, did some stretches and started easy running. After 2KM of warm-up, I am getting faster until I hit the Marathon Pace. My GPS was a bit shaky, as an effect of this, it made me run a little bit too fast. I nearly hit Half Marathon Pace.

View attachment 427169

Today I was also testing my new breast belt to measure my heart rate. I had one of Garmin's newest belts. But after a year it got some problems with the Battery. So I ordered one of their older belts and for a while, I used the wrist heart rate measuring. But for me, it is not that much accurate.

My heart rate was, even at HM Pace, too high. That is one thing I notice, since being on @DopeyBadger Plan and doing the easy runs right. My heart rate dropped. I am pretty happy about this!

After all, that run was, once again, a little bit too fast. Anyway, it felt good, during and after the run.
Was: 9.3km - 59:41 - 6:26 Minutes / Kilometer

Saturday -
Day Off

Sunday - 8K @ EA
Ah, that was a tough one. Getting up early on Sunday and it rained. Sitting on the edge on my bed, checking the weather forecast on my smartphone, finding an excuse to stay in bed with my girl. But the forecast said, raining all day!

Putting my stuff together, heading into the woods and did an 8K easy run. After all, the best thing you can do.

Coming home, my girlfriend had set up the bathtub for me and I could enjoy a warm bath after that wet and cold run.
Was: 8.8km - 1:04:17 - 7:19 Minutes / KM

Sunday -
Swimming
In the evening, we headed to an indoor swimming pool. Because of the bad weather, it was very crowded. At first, I only could swim 25m at a time. But after a while, there was a lane only with faster swimmers. I joined them, man these guys have been really fast. A was nearly the slowest on in this group.

After all, I did a new PR at 400m, a 1 second improvement :-)
400m: 7:39 -> 7:38 Minutes
Was: 2.100m - 40:49 - 1:57 Minutes / 100 Meters

This Weeks Total:
Running:
41.2km - 4:39:10h
Swimming: 2.1km - 0:40:49h

Lessons Learned?
The Maurten Drink works great right before a run, but that taste :rolleyes:

For this weeks long nutrition test run, I am going to test once again the Maurten Gel. I would like to use it at the Disneyland Half Marathon. But I also ordered a pack of Clif Bloks. Trying these the following week. But I am a little bit afraid of their Caffeine, do not know if this might rise my heart rate up?!

View attachment 427170

After all, I was thinking about the years running costumes. As I am running the 5K with my girlfriend, we are going to run as Mr. & Mrs. Buzz Lightyear ;-) For the 10K, I was thinking about a Snow White Costume, even it might look a little bit strange, a guy in a Princess outfit :rolleyes: The 10K is themed Princesses and her Sidekicks. But I do not wanna be a Sidekick. Anyway, I am still thinking about that costume:

View attachment 427171

I have to run the 10K at easy pace, because of my Half Marathon Goal. So, that costume would not be so hard to run in.

For the Half I chose a normal running outfit. I need a good PoT for the WDW Marathon Weekend. But I am going to have my "Hakuna Run Harder" Shirt with me :-)

33 days to go until Magic Run Weekend first Race!
I enjoy that the model chose dress shoes to wear with this outfit :) Pascal is a good choice, he's a stone cold killer
giphy.gif

Sounds like a good week.

But I am a little bit afraid of their Caffeine, do not know if this might rise my heart rate up?!

The only way to know is to try. But I think you should limit your exposure to caffeine supplemented items in training as much as possible. There is the possibility of a homeostasis effect where the more you use the more you need. So reducing it's use in training means you might get a similar effect from using less. Everyone is different when it comes to caffeine response so this one will be a trial and error.

I enjoy that the model chose dress shoes to wear with this outfit :)
Hehehe, that was the first thing I recognized, when I saw the photo :-)

Sounds like a good week.
The week felt more like a rest week. Looking forward for this week. Track Tuesday starts again with the "real" coaches and we have to do a 1 KM Test Run. In total this weeks milage is also pretty high 62km (38.5M) :oops:

The only way to know is to try. But I think you should limit your exposure to caffeine supplemented items in training as much as possible. There is the possibility of a homeostasis effect where the more you use the more you need. So reducing it's use in training means you might get a similar effect from using less. Everyone is different when it comes to caffeine response so this one will be a trial and error.
Wonder, if it has any effect on me, as I am a very "excessive" coffee drinker at work ;) But I am gonna try next week. One step at a time!

I would like to use it at the Disneyland Half Marathon. But I also ordered a pack of Clif Bloks. Trying these the following week.
I used clif bloks for many years with no trouble. I've never tried the caffeine ones though.

Pascal from Tangled is one of the all time greatest Disney Princess sidekicks. Right up there with Gus-Gus and Jaq from Cinderella who are equally awesome.

Princess sidekick rankings:

1. Forest animals from Sleeping Beauty. They "borrow" Prince Phillip's cape and hat before proceeding to dance with Aurora in her Briar Rose disguise in the forest. As Sleeping Beauty is my favorite movie, I am biased towards them, but they're still awesome. Plus, unlike other Disney animals, they don't talk, which is cool because while there's nothing wrong with talking animal sidekicks, contrary to popular belief, not every animal sidekick in a Disney movie talks.

2. Gus-Gus and Jaq from Cinderella. They help save the day.

3. Pascal. You do not mess with him. Because he's awesome. And has the healed scars to prove it.

4. Sebastian from The Little Mermaid. Just because.

5. Rajah from Aladdin. He's a tiger. Need I say more?

6. Phillippe from Beauty and the Beast. He's actually the 3rd best Disney horse, but the two ahead of him belong more to the male lead than the princess in their respective movies and this ranks princess sidekicks.

I used clif bloks for many years with no trouble. I've never tried the caffeine ones though.
Cool! Those Caffeine Bloks have been in their "Tasting" Package. Maybe I try them on one of my runs.

Pascal from Tangled is one of the all time greatest Disney Princess sidekicks. Right up there with Gus-Gus and Jaq from Cinderella who are equally awesome.
He is also my girlfriends favorite Sidekick. Mmhhh, ...

Princess sidekick rankings:
Wow, what a listing. I think I stay with Pascal, when it comes to a Sidekick Costume :-)

08/19 - 08/25
Oh boy, what a week! Light & Shadow, I have got everything of it. When I saw that week at first in my TP, I was very excited about it. The LongRun on Friday, a Half-Marathon, and the predicted time would have been a PR! After all those slow runs, I felt ready for a faster, longer run.

Monday - Day Off

Tuesday - Track Tuesday (aka Laufschule Bunert) & 8K EB

Running Class official started again; we all met again. Everybody introduced himself and talked about his / her goals. After a warm-up, we did the 1KM Test. I was placed in the second group, and while the first group did their Test, I did my best to keep me warm and ran a lap.

They always tell us, two laps are a KM. My, and most the other Runners Garmin's say, it was 0,95KM ;-) Last year, I ran those 950m in 4:24 Minutes.

The Test was fun! We started together, and after a few meters I checked my Garmin and my Pace was way too fast. So I looked around me and I knew, all those other Runners are faster than myself. I let them head off and tried to run a 4:20 - 4:30 Pace. After the first lap, I saw that some of the other Runners started too fast and I could be able to get them.

In the end, I got two of them. The second in the last meters. AND, running the 950m in 4:14 Minutes, I PRed and was very happy.

After class, I ran 6K @ EB. TP said 8K, but I was late and it was getting dark, so I chose a shorter route.
Was: 9.4km - 1:00:13h - 6:26 Minutes / KM

Wednesday - 7K @ EA

I started the easy run from my parents in law house. The weather was getting hotter again. I chose to run the missed 2K today, to get the mileage in and ended up with 9K of easy running. Nothing special here ;)
Was: 9.4km - 1:06:32 - 7:04 Minutes / KM

Thursday - 11K @ EB & Strides
That run was a bit tricky. As the weather was getting hotter over the week and my legs started getting tired, I was a little bit unhappy about that run.
Strides have been ok, I guess, but I did not feel that comfortable doing them. I did five of them and was happy when this run was over.
Was: 11.1km - 1:14:51 - 6:46 Minutes / KM

Friday - 14K @ LR; 7K @ Marathon Pace

I was so looking forward to this run. At all of my last long runs, I carried a bottle of water with me. But this time, I used a Backpack with a 2L bladder full of water. I wanted my hands free.

Before the run, I drank 17oz of Maurten and out three Maurten Gels in my Backpack.

Before I started my run, I did a few stretches and then headed off. It took me 2km to find a good running rhythm. My Pace was a little over the given LR Pace, but I felt good. After 5K, I took the first Maurten Gel and drank a little bit of my water. It still felt good, but I was annoyed about the fact that my Garmin showed me a slower Pace while running and a faster Pace after every KM (Lap).

After 10K, I took another Maurten Gel. I did not feel hungry, but I thought it would be good. You also have to drink right before you get thirsty.

But by the feeling of my legs, I knew the Marathon Pace would not be the fun, I was expecting it to be.

When I reached a bridge at 14KM into my run, it was time to kick some butts and run at Marathon Pace. I tried my best and managed to get faster, at least for one KM!

After that KM I was not able to hold that Pace and ran slower. I felt terrible. The third Maurten Gel at KM 15 was just sweet and did not help very much. After last week, I thought my mindset would be ok. I taught myself wrong and suddenly saw myself in doing walking breaks.

Even worse, at KM 17 I stopped my Garmin and sat down. I tried to enjoy the view of the river Rhine, but I felt terrible. It was like losing, disappointing the Coach, who just told me, to run slower in hot conditions. This damn PR I wanted to achieve so badly in this run. No chance right now.

My lungs felt strange, my legs were tired and my mind was empty.

After a while, I put myself together and started running again. Slow, taking a walk break, every now and then and finally make it to 21.1km. I immediately stopped my Garmin and walked the last meters to my car.

There was one positive thing about that run though. I did not feel hungry, my nutrition must have been proper;-)
Was: 21.1km - 2:27:14 - 6:58 Minutes / KM

Saturday - Day Off

I felt so sore that day.
In the evening we visited a local concert. I stood for a few hours on uneven pavement, which my back did not like. It ended in some lower back pain on my way home.

Sunday - 10K @ EA
I planned to do this run in the early morning, as the weather is still hot. But I lost the fight against my alarm clock. I decided to run in the evening.

My lower back was a little bit better. I did some stretches before and after bedtime.

In the evening, I headed to the woods and did my easy run. It felt a bit strange at first, because of my back. But the slow running was good, and after a while, I could enjoy the run. I tried some of my Cliff Bloks on this run, just to get used to them.

No swimming today!
Was: 10.6km - 1:15:31 - 7:07 Minutes / KM

This Weeks Total:
Running:
61.6km - 7:04:20h

Lessons Learned?
Listen to the Coach! Hot Weather = Slow Running!!!

26 days to go until Magic Run Weekend first Race!

It still felt good, but I was annoyed about the fact that my Garmin showed me a slower Pace while running and a faster Pace after every KM (Lap).

Are you using "instant pace" instead of "lap pace"? I don't believe "lap pace" would show this kind of discrepancy and "lap pace" is my preferred method of GPS pacing. "Instant pace" is too reactionary and doesn't do a great job.

Listen to the Coach! Hot Weather = Slow Running!!!

::yes::

Are you using "instant pace" instead of "lap pace"? I don't believe "lap pace" would show this kind of discrepancy and "lap pace" is my preferred method of GPS pacing. "Instant pace" is too reactionary and doesn't do a great job.
Yes, I use "instant pace", have to check lap pace again.

F9A08353-770D-4305-B700-41C4BD86391B.jpeg

Track Tuesday! Wow, we did a good WarmUp, some Running Exercises and the Intervals. It was planned to run a set of 1 Minute Fast & 2 Minutes Slow Running ten times. We only did 8 sets, because suddenly a Thunderstorm ⛈ with heavy rain stopped us.

Anyway, the fast Intervals worked pretty good for me. My pace was around 4:25 - 4:45 Minutes / KM.

And now, for the next days, some easy running.

Another week in the book. Looking forward to another great week with a lot of action.

08/26/19 - 09/01/19

Monday - Day Off

Athlete Class kicked off again. Happy to do all those exercises again. Over the vacation Coach Alex read a lot about different training methods and he improved our Trainingsplan. Looking forward on how the next weeks are going to work out ;)

Tuesday - Track Tuesday & 4K EB
They wanted us to do Intervals. 10 Times like 1 Minute Fast and 2 Minutes Easy Running. Wow,now I could see how much the slow runs helped me. I "raced" pretty good, during the fast Intervals.

After 8 Intervals down, a Thunderstorm appeared and it started to rain. So we ended our work out and headed to our cars. I also skipped the 4K of EB Running, I just headed home, after the rain ended.
Was: 5.5km - 35:10 - 6:22 Minutes / KM

Wednesday - Day Off
and no urge to do the missed 4K @ EB from Yesterday. Too much stress at work, so also no swimming during the lunch break for me :-(

Thursday - 10K @ EB & Strides
We saw "Once Upon A Time At Hollywood". After the Movie, I headed home, got into my running stuff and left for the woods. I thought I could make it before dark. No chance, the last 2K have been running in the total darkness of a forest!
Was: 10.2km - 1:07:17 - 6:37 Minutes / KM (Way too fast for EB)

Friday - 5K @ LR - 2K @ Daniels T - 3K @ LR - 2K @ Daniels T - 3K @ LR
Fun run! I drank 17oz of Maurten before the run. During the run I tried the Clif Bloks Strawberry. It felt like they gave me more energy than the Mauren Gel gave me during the last 21k run. I am going to test the Bloks on the next long run over 21k.

The Lap Pace setting confused me a bit. But I think I just ran a little bit too fast. I have to play with those settings. May I make a page with both types of Pace. Just to get an idea of how fast I run.
Was: 15.0km - 1:33:45 - 6:14 Minutes / KM

Saturday - Day Off

Sunday - 10K @ EA

The run did not feel easy. And Coach Billy once told me, "If it does not feel easy, it is not easy!". After 6K, I called it a run and walked back to my car.
Was: 6.1km - 43:40 - 7:12 Minutes / KM

Weeks Total
Running:
38.3km - 4:09:19h
Again, no swimming :-(

IMG_1959DB7B683B-1.jpeg

August looks pretty impressive for me again. I am a little bit sad that I could not hit the swimming pool more often. Hoping for September, but who knows, what's gonna happen. At least it's Race Month! There are three Magic Runs ahead of us (and hopefully a PR).

I am at the near end of a peak week, only one easy Run to go. I did my Long Run (13 Miles) Today and this time *gosh* no whining! For some reason, I ran the Warm-Up & Cool-Down a little bit too fast, I pred today, 31 seconds! Does the PR count?

Garmin_Connect.png

In this Long Run, I had to run 7.5km (~4.6 Miles) at Half Marathon Pace, after 8km (~5 Miles) of Warm-Up, followed by 1.5km (0.9 Miles) of Daniels T, which is a few seconds faster than the Half Marathon Pace. And at the End 4K (~2.5 Miles) at Cool-Down Pace.

IMG_3756.jpg

I was so happy, when I finished the Daniels T Pace, which was not really on point. To be honest, in the end, it was a little bit slower than the Half Marathon Pace.

It is peak, I am aware of that. But, I am not sure, if I can run the Half at the given pace. What do you think? Do you also struggle sometimes? What are your Pacing Tactics on Race Day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!