Frozen 2

Froverrated. I thought the first one was weak too. Every Walt Disney Animation Studios movie since Princess and the Frog has been better. That being said, Lost in the Woods would have been rad if they had added some backing guitars and turned it into a Whitesnake style power ballad.

While I enjoyed the first Frozen, I do agree that it was WAY overrated. The story was good and the animation was beautiful, but most of the music fell a little flat for me, excepting "Let It Go" and the chanting song at the beginning (which is awesome). Frozen II I think was actually a better overall movie. The story was a little weaker but the music much stronger, though "Into the unknown" is easily my least favorite but was the most hyped. "Lost in the Woods" was incredible and done so well with the animation. I don't think Frozen II is really overrated as it didn't seem to have the ridiculous impact of the first one.

I still like Tangled better than both of them, but they're still pretty good.

While I enjoyed the first Frozen, I do agree that it was WAY overrated. The story was good and the animation was beautiful, but most of the music fell a little flat for me, excepting "Let It Go" and the chanting song at the beginning (which is awesome). Frozen II I think was actually a better overall movie. The story was a little weaker but the music much stronger, though "Into the unknown" is easily my least favorite but was the most hyped. "Lost in the Woods" was incredible and done so well with the animation. I don't think Frozen II is really overrated as it didn't seem to have the ridiculous impact of the first one.

I still like Tangled better than both of them, but they're still pretty good.

Yeah, I didn't hate either of them. I just got sick of seeing it EVERYWHERE for like 2 years.

Yeah, I didn't hate either of them. I just got sick of seeing it EVERYWHERE for like 2 years.

Yeah, I get that. The first Frozen was especially overhyped, but I try not to let that color my opinion of it. Sometimes though I do wonder, why it and not Tangled? I guess you never know what will hit like that.

Yeah, I get that. The first Frozen was especially overhyped, but I try not to let that color my opinion of it. Sometimes though I do wonder, why it and not Tangled? I guess you never know what will hit like that.

I think its because younger girls really like Elsa's powers and dresses, in both movies they focus a lot on Elsa's clothing hence the merchandise sells so well. Personally I liked Tangled more than the first Frozen.

I was looking forward to watching Frozen 2 as I liked the first part very much. Honestly, I was disappointed. Too much music,the story is not actually for children....It is more tragic than fun, unlike Frozen 1.

I think its because younger girls really like Elsa's powers and dresses, in both movies they focus a lot on Elsa's clothing hence the merchandise sells so well. Personally I liked Tangled more than the first Frozen.

I think it's because older girls (the "I'm too old for Disney Princesses" set) like Elsa because she's angsty and different and no one understands her (and I am not being at all sarcastic). My big beef with Frozen 2 was I felt like they drastically changed the parents, from being freaked out by her powers and trying to hide her in 1 to being all perfect and supportive in 2.

I was kinda meh about 2. I like the original (except for the Hans plot which could have been done better), and Olaf is one of my favorite Disney characters. I will say, as sequels go, I liked Frozen 2 better than Ralph Breaks the Internet (which was a big disappointment since I love Wreck-it-Ralph).

The music in Tangled wasn't nearly as catchy. No songs for little girls to belt out with feeling.

The music in Tangled wasn't nearly as catchy. No songs for little girls to belt out with feeling.

See, I disagree. Other than Let It Go, I feel Tangled has the better music. I do think that a lot of Frozen's success comes directly from Let It Go - it's such a winner!

See, I disagree. Other than Let It Go, I feel Tangled has the better music. I do think that a lot of Frozen's success comes directly from Let It Go - it's such a winner!

I thought the music in Tangled was largely forgettable. "I See the Light" was only memorable because of the gorgeous background. None of it really gets stuck in your head. Frozen was better overall, but I prefer Moana to both of them.

I thought the music in Tangled was largely forgettable. "I See the Light" was only memorable because of the gorgeous background. None of it really gets stuck in your head. Frozen was better overall, but I prefer Moana to both of them.

Well, hey, to each their own. I love "When Will My Life Begin?" and "I've Got a Dream" quite a bit, personally. "Mother Knows Best" isn't the best song, but hte performance and animation for it are great.

I liked Frozen better than Tangled. I ADORED Frozen 2. I bawled like a baby during "Do the Next Right Thing". My mother is like the OP. She HATED Frozen 2. It has made for some funny snarky comments during the holidays. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Did anyone here see the documentary the making of Frozen 2 on Disney+? I thought it was good and the song "Show Yourself" Did grow on me more.

How great! I have Disney+ and I didn't know about this-I'll have to look, thanks.

I also thought the first was overrated, though I did like "Let It Go" and could appreciate Elsa and her situation as an allegory. I wasn't thrilled with the sequel, but I still respect the level of craft involved with the visuals. I want to say Frozen had propped up alot of expectations for people who were late to the party (I only saw it months ago). I watched Moana without expectations, and it's become one of my favorite recent Disney films hands down.

Raya and the Last Dragon is the next one in the works, and it looks interesting.

Just a little trivia-does everyone know that the couple who wrote the big hit "Let It Go" also wrote the song "Remember Me" for CoCo? Or am I the only one who DIDN'T know this until the other day.

I'm with the OP on this one. I did not enjoy Frozen 2 at all. I found it dark and depressing. And the instant it started channelling Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody, it became ridiculous. I had high hopes for the second film but for me it did not deliver.

I suffer from severe depression... this may be the reason that I so much prefer the first. The songs in the first hit me on so many different levels, from sadness to hope to happiness.

Nothing will ever compare to 1. I'm just biased.

Strangely, I think I prefer the 2nd for that reason. The 1st is almost innocent, the 2nd feels much darker and dig that.

Well... the original 'Frozen' it deals with fear (Elsa) but is lighter than the sequel... 'Frozen 2' I liked more, because of its depth..., and the message 'get up no matter what and do the next right thing', so I guess I liked that message more. It deals with more issues as well.
Now the plot, I found it rather complex, maybe we as adults could understand it, but I am not sure about the kids.
Animation was top-noch for me, songs were better too. Kind of feeling bad for Kristoff, though. Kind of left of, Anna wasn't considerate for him, I felt like she was taking him for granted. I know she and Elsa have sisters bond, however Kristoff should be more important to her, if not like Elsa, but here somewhere.
Olaf was hilarious. He did this sequel much better, maybe the only funny bits were with him.
Somehow, while watching the first one, I was light and everything, but the second got me thinking too much and feeling, it left me empty. I did, however, liked it, at same level as the first one.
'Frozen' was waited for a long time, pretty sisters, one deals with fear while being drop-dead gorgeous and with demure demeneor, the other bold, hopeful and strong, and I think a lot of girls identified with this. It's not among my favorite Disney, but it is good.

I think because it's more....attractive? Imagine a happy movie with one nice, cute heroine (and fun!). Now imagine a movie, with two, one beautiful, the other pretty, very opposite heroines. It is catchy. I too prefer "Tangled" over "Frozen" now, but when the second came out, I was addicted with it! It has some emotional moments too, and it teaches letting go of fear,and sacrifice, which are strong messages.
"Tangled" is the better movie all in all, more balanced as well, but it's more humorous and cute... But it's fun as hell too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter