"Frozstrom" Article

This is where they lost me:
Many people were skeptical about Nemo and Friends when it became an overlay to The Living Seas. But it has breathed new life into that pavilion and has been the means of introducing millions of people to one of the best aquariums in the country.

As much as I would hate to see the maelstrom changed it absolutely does need updating. If Norway doesn't want to pony up the dough that's sorta tough noogies for them.

It would be nice though if they change the pavillion from Norway and call it "Scandinavia" instead.

Since Disney says Frozen was inspired by the Snow Queen, it seems awful to place it in Norway (even if it Norway did inspire Arendale) when the Snow Queen is a Danish story. Yes, Arendale isn't in Scandinavia either- but it makes more sense that Frozen represents that region.

To me, the overlay just makes it seem like Disney isn't aware that these countries aren't all just one single place.

I agree it needs an overhaul. And as tired of Frozen as I am, I'll try to be optimistic about the additions. I think they COULD update it without adding Frozen, but if they must because of a sponsor issue, then so be it. I do love the Living Seas so I'll have to hope for the best with Maelstrom!

There was a ride there before Nemo? I thought it was a walk through aquarium.

Yes - you were taken down hydolators into sea base alpha before entering the sea cabs. There are a bunch of old videos on YouTube, but here is a link to the ultimate tribute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZcR1WmS03A

The preshow film starts around minute 8:30

(and they rained, and rained, and rained!)

Ride starts around minute 15:30

Disney announced an hour long special airing 9/2 on ABC about the making of Frozen and said it will show the "future of Frozen." My guess is they're going to show off plans for a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter