FTM face characters?

EddieSpaghetti

Earning My Ears
Hi there, I’m Ed. I’m a 5’5 transgender male and it’s always been my dream to work at a Disney park, and the opportunity is currently rising. Do you think there’s any chance of me getting a face character role, like Peter Pan or something?

Hi! I have a few friends who have worked as princesses, so I'm not an expert, but I know a little!

I know the height requirements are VERY specific. After briefly looking up Peter is either 5'2-5'4 or 5'2-5'6. So I'm not sure. 5'5 is a bit of a tricky height as many characters are either UNDER 5'4 or over 5'6. However, there are a handful of fur characters who match your height.

Do you have acting experience? Do you move well? Those will be helpful in the audition process.

IF you get hired know that you will likely play face and fur characters. Also, one round of the audition rounds is basically getting stared at to see if you have the right face shape, and 'cartoon features' (for face characters) so it's easy to get cut quickly with something you cannot control. I know you also learn a dance routine and have to perform an "animation" kind of like charades or a silent movie scene, depending on how far you get. Best of luck!

Hi there, I’m Ed. I’m a 5’5 transgender male and it’s always been my dream to work at a Disney park, and the opportunity is currently rising. Do you think there’s any chance of me getting a face character role, like Peter Pan or something?

I wish I had information for you but all I have is best wishes :)

Break a leg!

If you want to go for Peter Pan, and you fit the right height/facial structure, make sure you are very active and great at improv.

I agree with the others, if you fit the criteria for body type, voice (I doubt someone with a deep bass voice would be chosen for Pan), can do the required dance steps as required in parades, have the right facial features and so forth, you have as good of a chance as anyone else. But reemeber, until there is a vaccine for the Corona Virus, face characters will probably not have the guest interaction we are used to, it may not be as mmuch fun to be a face character in the short term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!