• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Future of Legend of the Lion King in AK?

CJK

DIS Veteran
A friend told me that he heard that the future of this show may be limited. Could this be true? My family thinks it's the best show in Disney! Thanks for any info!

Legend of the Lion King was the puppet show in MK. It has closed to make way for a new 3d movie "Mickey's Philiarmagic".

Festival of the Lion King is the stage show in AK. It is not going anywhere in the near future.

Whew! Thanks for the clarification and the good news!!!!!! Can't wait to go back to watch the show!

If you plan to do Festival of the Lion King at AK, do it early in the day. They stop performances after 1 because the cast has to perform in Mickey's Jammin Jungle parade.
When we were there in March, we didn't know this and the line for the last show at 1 went all the way to Pizzafari and we didn't get in.

Festival of the Lion King is by far one of the best shows WDW has!! :D :D
It is such a high-energy show with still the great story that is told in the movie.
The cast is great!!!:D
I don't think this show is going anywhere!!!

If anything were to go, it would be "Tarzan Rocks!"

Thanks for the tip daber.....I will check the schedule as soon as I get there!!;)

Festival of the Lion King has just recently added a second cast for the summer, now there are 8 shows a day instead of 4. Shows run throughout the day now starting with a 9:50am show and ending with a 5:45pm show....

Hurray! Was not looking forward to fighting that line to see the show next month.

Legend of the Lion King was in Fantasyland in MK, and closed several months ago to make way for Mickey's Philharmanic.

You are thinking of Festival of the Lion King in Camp Mickey/Minnie in AK... it is extremely popular, and not in danger of closing anytime soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter