FW Halloween Activities & Guidelines?

zounderz

Earning My Ears
Disney just came out with a statement concerning FW Halloween activities/covid guidelines for this year. It stated that info could be found at the Bike Barn. Any way to find out dates & schedules, etc for Halloween for those of us not at FW right now? TIA

According to the statement released today, No trick or treating will occur due to CDC guidelines.

122608779_3655008097854146_7323291107456197261_n.jpg

Last edited:
According to the statement released today, No trick or treating will occur due to CDC guidelines.

@Bishoparc , I have a shot of that also. BamaEd's may have turned out better tho.

I just had pick of the boring sign outside of The Meadows. Ed's looks better.

Confirmation that Disney will only allow Fort guests and those with pony/horse ride reservations into the Fort on Halloween Day. Also any place with bus connections to the Fort (Disney Springs, the parks, etc. will be checking Magic Bands.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2020/10/disneys-fort-wilderness-resort.html

Proof that they can lock it down when they want to. In past years they haven't wanted to.

Bama Ed

How insane do you think Halloween Night would be for Ft W Guests if they are not enforcing guidelines?
This is for safety of guests and castmembers , I support this and wish they would get even more cautious.
What does everybody else think?

How insane do you think Halloween Night would be for Ft W Guests if they are not enforcing guidelines?
This is for safety of guests and castmembers , I support this and wish they would get even more cautious.
What does everybody else think?

Well, considering the only crowd on the 31st is there for Trick or Treating when people are usually socially distanced already going around the loops, it would be like a day currently walking down Main Street USA (which I did 10 days ago) for the guests (there are a few CM's on 10/31 activities but they aren't that crowded anyway and the people from off-site generally don't go to those).

ToT is by campers for campers and although there are safe, responsible ways to hand out candy, Disney has chosen not to allow those ways. Because they can't control their guests/campers.

For the most safety to guests and Cast Members, they would call off ALL Halloween-related activities and it would be a normal camping day. But Disney has not chosen that road either.

This too shall pass.

Bama Ed

PS - if I had to guess, I think the Halloween dog costume contest draws the 2nd biggest crowd over at the dog park next to 300 loop. There were some REALLY cute costumes the year I was there.

I think there is kinda of an expectation of the crowds during halloween at the fort. And candy. I dont think there would have been more people then usual. Last year all the parking and overflow lots were full at the fort. My brother came in and was specifically told to park at our site, witch didnt have any more room for a car. We made it work. So, i would say it would be no more insane then any other year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!