FW New Logo - New stuff too?

Kaitysmom

<font color=blue>My DD got picked as the Big Kahun
I hadn't heard that the logo changed. Did they also change their souvenir stuff? As a true WDW shopaholic, I need to know! :D

When we were at FW in July'02 we were taking some pictures of the kids in front of the Mickey FW sign when the CM at the gate said to take A LOT of them since they would be taking it down soon. He said that it was no longer politically correct to have Mickey hold a gun even if it was a muskett.

The logo on the map/movie schedule was already changed. The new logo is a tower from a fort with a red flag on top. There are also some trees in the background.

We were able to get a tire cover with the old logo for our trailer. My daugter also got a Mickey/muskett trading pin at the Trading Post. I didn't look for anything with the new logo~pretty boring.

There were quite a few posts about this in Aug if you'd like to check the old messages.

Now I am totally disappointed! I can't believe it - I'll go back and look at the old posts. Thanks for the info!

That helps! I was really kind of sad to think that Mickey has been completely replaced by that logo! Kind of generic if you ask me - Has the front sign been changed to that new logo?

Am I the only one who thinks it's really kind of funny that some people would be offended that Mickey is holding a muskett? Next thing you know, Davy Crockett will get banned as too violent. Some people need to get real!

I'm with you Simba's Mom! Look at Pirates of the Caribbean! I really don't understand it at all.... There must be more to it than people complaining because if that's the case, they'll be changing a whole lot more than a sign. People really need to relax and stop analyzing everything - just my opinion.

Simbas mom,

Funny that you mentioned that. The same CM that told us about the logo changing also said that they are digitally removing the guns from the Davey Crockett movies. Another try at being politically correct

I'm so sick of everything having to be "politically correct" in this country, I could just scream!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter