FYI Universal updated Hotel Cancellation policy

jep8821

Earning My Ears
Just noticed this a few minutes ago on there website:

"Reservations made 3/4/20 – 4/15/20 for travel 3/4/20 – 8/31/20 are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival One night’s room deposit will not be refunded when cancelling within 24 hours of arrival. "

I had made a couple of bookings on Saturday Feb 29 for a trip in late April. I just cancelled them a few minutes ago and rebooked under this new Policy.

Just noticed this a few minutes ago on there website:

"Reservations made 3/4/20 – 4/15/20 for travel 3/4/20 – 8/31/20 are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival One night’s room deposit will not be refunded when cancelling within 24 hours of arrival. "

I had made a couple of bookings on Saturday Feb 29 for a trip in late April. I just cancelled them a few minutes ago and rebooked under this new Policy.
Is it necessary to cancel and rebook to get this new policy?

UO has always been flexible to change policy for cancellations (w/no penalty) when it is needed do to health, weather and safety issues

I expect many people’s travel plans will be re-evaluated by their family in the coming months

Is it necessary to cancel and rebook to get this new policy?

I called the reservation line because initially I saw a banner at the top of one of the hotel pages. "Stress Free Booking Policy – Book By 4-15-2020 for travel through 8/31/20 are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival. " On the phone the guy repeated that it was for bookings on/after March 4th but then seemed to backtrack some and said it might be covered since it was a hotel only booking. After I got off the phone, I noticed that after I added the hotel reservation to my cart and thats when I saw the terms about March 4th as well. I decided rather than risk the rep being wrong.. I would just cancel and rebook them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter