• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

gala dinners?

DisCharmed

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Newport Bay over christmas and noticed they have a (very expensive) gala dinner whilst we are there. Does anyone have ay experience of these? Is it just a meal or a show or what????
Any help appreciated

Charmed pirate:

Hi Charmed,

we have had experience of a gala dinner at the disneyland; it is very good but there is no show.

there are some pics in the dlp new thread .

Alec

thanks for the reply your pictures look great!

I am becoming a bit worried about the price of the meals over Christmas as this is already a bit of a 'splash out' even before we start looking at really expensive meals...:rolleyes:

hi there:wave:
i totally agree with you we have paid out loads of money staying in the disney hotel:hyper: . but.......... i think im gonna have a few xmas dinners before i go and make do with take aways:eek: , i dunno really! anyone with any good solutions to this, the cost of the xmas and new years meals are a frightning thought, but then again we only live once sooooo help! are they worth the money or should i say is the food good and do you get enough, are the self service???????:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :hyper:
tracy

I can only speak about the Inventions NY dinner that we attended, as you have seen from the photo's the food was fabulous - I still have the menu somewhere I'm sure if anyone wants a photocopy. We paid £70 per head per adult then Lois ate free because of an early booking deal and Callie was free because she was only 2 1/2.

The food is laid out and you serve yourself buffet style, your waitress clears your plates and serves your drinks: water, wine and kids drinks were included in the price as was a glass of champagne to finish.

Was it worth the money ? You could get a lot of counter service food for £150 but not anywhere near the standard of that buffet.

We went over NYE to join in with whatever events were on offer and with the same view as Tracey - you only live once. I think we would have felt left out leaving the hotel to eat when the majority had booked dinner.

Alec

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter