Galapagos itinerary

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
It looks like there are 4 different itineraries for the Galapagos expeditions. How do you know which one is for which dates?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. If you download the itinerary for the trip, it tells you which one it is.

Last edited:
It looks like there are 4 different itineraries for the Galapagos expeditions. How do you know which one is for which dates?
Well that's stupid of them to not indicate under "Rates & Dates". It appears you have to download the itinerary for each date (on the Rates & Dates tab) to see which version of the PDF you get for each date (although the link for the December 2022 date is broken). Personally, if I was interested in that itinerary, I'd call ABD to make certain.

Sayhello

Well that's stupid of them to not indicate under "Rates & Dates". It appears you have to download the itinerary for each date (on the Rates & Dates tab) to see which version of the PDF you get for each date (although the link for the December 2022 date is broken). Personally, if I was interested in that itinerary, I'd call ABD to make certain.

Sayhello
I totally agree. Honestly, with my work schedule I booked based on dates not even realizing that the different itineraries didn't all go the same places. I'm not even sure which one is best. But I'm still within 14 days of booking if I want to cancel or switch, but there aren't really any other dates that work with my schedule.

I totally agree. Honestly, with my work schedule I booked based on dates not even realizing that the different itineraries didn't all go the same places. I'm not even sure which one is best. But I'm still within 14 days of booking if I want to cancel or switch, but there aren't really any other dates that work with my schedule.
This drove me nuts too... in the end if you know what you hope to see and when you go, you can find a decent compromise. We chose West first despite needing to sail longer to get there and having rougher waters to see the younger islands and have a better chance of snorkeling with penguins, which was my top priority. The time of year we went (January) we wouldn't have been able to see waved Albatross anyway, so there was no need to choose one that went to Espanola. We loved it so much our once in a lifetime became twice and we're going back next month to visit the east islands anyway, haha!

To decide we whipped up a spreadsheet that showed the stop each day for each trip, did quick research on what we were most likely to see and do on each island, and then had a vote for which sounded best. The itinerary with the most choices was the one we went with.

This drove me nuts too... in the end if you know what you hope to see and when you go, you can find a decent compromise. We chose West first despite needing to sail longer to get there and having rougher waters to see the younger islands and have a better chance of snorkeling with penguins, which was my top priority. The time of year we went (January) we wouldn't have been able to see waved Albatross anyway, so there was no need to choose one that went to Espanola. We loved it so much our once in a lifetime became twice and we're going back next month to visit the east islands anyway, haha!

To decide we whipped up a spreadsheet that showed the stop each day for each trip, did quick research on what we were most likely to see and do on each island, and then had a vote for which sounded best. The itinerary with the most choices was the one we went with.
I'll review the different itineraries, but only one trip really works with the dates I have available, so that's what I booked! I just didn't originally realize that there were differences between them.

Ha! This is completely my story, too! I was there in October (with my mom with Road Scholar) and we visited the west islands (and did indeed snorkel with penguins!). Now I’m book on the June Adventures by Disney adventure to visit the East and south islands.🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter