Galloway Pace Groups @ RunDisney Races: The Official Discussion Thread

The few I saw seemed to have a complete disregard for the other runners around them. The worst was the group that passed me on the bath from HS to Epcot. They decided to take up the entirety of an already narrow path and then over took the whole water stop along there making it difficult for others to get water. I was passed by another group earlier in another narrow section, struggling to remember where, but they took up to bulk of the path there too. I was not thrilled with them. I'm sure some of the runners may not have known proper race etiquette, but a reminder from the pace leaders would've been nice. The pace leaders heading towards the boardwalk just started their walk intervals in the middle of the path instead of the sides.

I ran with the pacers for 2017 Princess HM. They did remind many to keep off to the right when walking but as you said many people in the group disregarded this. Luckily, many of these folks dropped back around Magic Kingdom. Most in the group I was with did try to be mindful but I also saw many others not with the pacing group walk right down the middle of the path even stopping without notice. So, I agree with you that many people did not know the rules of etiquette, however, I don't think it was limited to the run/walk/run group. JMO

The other thing that some of my run/walk friends would want to know would be if they could release months before the race that hey if you want to run XX:XX we're going to be doing an X run/ Y walk pattern so they can train for it.

Finally the big thing I talked to Galloway about but I didnt see happen in either of hte last 2 races, is duplicating the pace groups across multiple corrals. Again, free shirt and a stick with a time on it doesnt cost much.

I would love to know what pace they planned on using ahead of time, great idea. They haFor this year's PHM I was training at 2m/1m and on race day I think they were something like :30/1m. The posted training program has suggestions based on the desired pace time but it didn't seem like they matched the pacers on race day.

I did see multiple 16m/mi pace groups throughout the later corrals. I don't know about the other pace times though.

The Galloway Pacers have received their assignments for Wine & Dine. Look for us near the front of the corrals listed below. (Corral
assignments are a little wonky now that runDisney has gone to larger corrals with mini waves.)

Corral A
1:45 (8:00/mile)
4:00/0:30 ratio
Marc and Chris

Corral C
2:00 (9:09/mile)
2:00/0:30 ratio
Jeff and Joe

Corral C / Corral D
2:15 (10:18/mile)
1:30/0:30 ratio
Brandi and Sung Ho / Scott and Diana

Corral D / Corral E
2:30 (11:26/mile)
1:00/0:30 ratio
Sheena and Jennifer / Eric and Tina

Corral E / Corral F
2:45 (12:35/mile)
0:30/0:30 ratio
Kimberly and Vicki Sue / Julie and Alexa

Corral F / Corral G
3:00 (13:43/mile)
0:30/0:30 ratio
Debbie and Joey / Dan

Corral G
3:15 (14:53/mile)
0:15/0:30 ratio
Melanie and Connie

Corral F / Corral G
3:30 (16:00/mile)
0:15/0:30 ratio
Brian and Jaye / Mel and Rich

So, does this mean that there are no pace teams for somebody that wants to run a 3:30 or a 3:35 in the full marathon?
Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. But you were correct; we did not have a pace group faster than 3:45 on Sunday. I hope you were able to reach your goals!

Any word on pacers for SWDSH ? Also, has anybody run with the 2hr pace group? I train with a 4 min/1 min so the 2 min/30 sec seems short but manageable? I've never run with a pace group so I'd like to know your experience with the pace ! :)

Thank you for posting these. I am thinking about signing up for the half in January with the goal of finishing and not being swept. I think a pace group might be a good option for me as I'll be running alone. Can you please explain the ratio to me?

Thank you for posting these. I am thinking about signing up for the half in January with the goal of finishing and not being swept. I think a pace group might be a good option for me as I'll be running alone. Can you please explain the ratio to me?

If you're following a Galloway plan to train, you're likely using run/walk intervals. The first number in the ratio is the time of the run portion of the interval, while the second number after the slash is the walk portion.

You can read more about Jeff Galloway's Training Program - and get an idea of specifically training for the Half Marathon in January here.

If you're following a Galloway plan to train, you're likely using run/walk intervals. The first number in the ratio is the time of the run portion of the interval, while the second number after the slash is the walk portion.

You can read more about Jeff Galloway's Training Program - and get an idea of specifically training for the Half Marathon in January here.
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!