Garden Grill, Biergarten or Teppan Edo?

sbd78

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide on our Epcot table service meal. We have some picky eaters and these are the three that appeal to us the most. I like that Garden Grill is family style and the fact that it rotates looks interesting. Biergarten looks like a fun atmosphere with the live band. Teppan Edo made the list because we love hibachi, although we do have this type of restaurant at home. Any thoughts? I just can't decide and we are only doing 1 day in Epcot. TIA!

If you have hibachi at home I definitely wouldn't do Teppan Edo. Both Biergarten and GG are excellent options. I'd say with picky eaters GG would get the slight edge, but really you can't go wrong with either.

I agree. If you have hibachi at home, Teppan Edo probably won't be as good. I haven't tried Biergarten or GG yet, but they are on my list for my next visit.

I have 2 very picky eaters and the have never left Biergarten hungry! The show is a lot of fun and there's really a good variety. Garden Grill if you are looking for a character meal. Yes, Garden Grill rotates-- but it moves at a glacial pace so we barely even noticed.

If we only have one day in Epcot, we usually go to Biergarten. The food is consistently good, the setting is not getting old even after 36 years. We also love our meals at GG for the characters but the food is meh as of late.

GG would be my first choice. Beirgarten has great entertainment but I wasn't a fan of the food.

Thanks for all the replies! We will probably skip Teppan Edo then. We already have a bunch of character meals planned (Hollywood & Vine, Tusker House and Chef Mickey.) I want to drop Chef Mickey but my kids are resisting, lol. We have the dining plan and are trying to stick with 1 table service per day, so doing both won't work.

If we only have one day in Epcot, we usually go to Biergarten. The food is consistently good, the setting is not getting old even after 36 years. We also love our meals at GG for the characters but the food is meh as of late.

At Garden Grill I like the breakfast food (especially the scrambled eggs and the cinnamon roll) better than the lunch/dinner food.

Trying to decide on our Epcot table service meal. We have some picky eaters and these are the three that appeal to us the most. I like that Garden Grill is family style and the fact that it rotates looks interesting. Biergarten looks like a fun atmosphere with the live band. Teppan Edo made the list because we love hibachi, although we do have this type of restaurant at home. Any thoughts? I just can't decide and we are only doing 1 day in Epcot. TIA!

I think the food is better at Biergarten, but, depending on how many are in your party (if it is less than 8) you will be seated with other families. Some people are ok with that, others not so much! GG is fun! The character interaction is fantastic! Ask to be seated on the lower level so you can see the scenes as you circle by.

Love lunch at Biergarten, GG is good too, but if I had to choose one it would be Biergarten.

I agree that if you have Teppan Edo at home, dont bother with it in Epcot. Garden Grill has a very yummy breakfast! I love everything about that place. The characters (chip n' dale are so cute!), the food, the location (right by Soarin!). I cant say enough good things about it. Biergarten is super fun too thou. I love the band a lot. Its fun to watch people dance. And i do like the food there as well. A lot of delicious options, even for picky eaters. :)

If you HAD TO pick between the two, i'd go with Biergarten. A good compromise though would be to do Garden Grill breakfast, and Biergarten dinner. :teeth: The best of both worlds.

A good compromise though would be to do Garden Grill breakfast, and Biergarten dinner. :teeth: The best of both worlds.
I did already suggest that above (apparently our great minds thought alike), but then the OP said they could probably only do one TS-type meal per day.

I agree with the rest about Teppan Edo, just do a hibachi at home for less. Between Biergarten and Garden Grill I'd go Biergarten because it is more unique. It really comes down to whether you'd prefer a buffet or not.

Dh and I didn’t like Biergarten at all. We thought the food was underwhelming and didn’t enjoy the shared seating (mainly because of who we had to sit by). Never tried garden grill but I would like to.

We didn't like the food at Biergarten. We had a funny/horrible experience. My husband got sick on Mission Space. It was his first time on, and he took our girls. He didn't realize the difference between the two options, and took them on the version that spins. He came off so uncomfortable and miserably sick. We rode our FP on Living with the Land right after and I left feeling so hungry because the Garden Grill smelled so unbelievable. He was still sick, having basically curled up in a ball during LWTL. We headed over to Biergarten for our reservation and it was not a welcome smell for him, or me. I had just smelled all the amazing smells of a fresh garden, and walking into Biergarten smelled a bit like smelling corn beef and cabbage (my only comparison I could come up with since we are Irish). He was so sick, and the smell and noise were absolutely brutal for him. He spent half the time in the bathroom getting sick, and I couldn't find anything at the buffet that would interest anyone in our party of 8 (5 kids and my sister-in-law). We paid roughly a $250 buffet bill (we stayed offsite so no meal plan), and all anyone ate were cold, slightly stale dinner rolls. Never again!!!

On a brighter note, my kids really enjoyed the entertainment and everyone in the restaurant was very friendly! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter