Garden Grill, Biergarten or Teppan Edo?

Biergarten is my favorite. It has great food, its all you can eat and it has a great atmosphere.

Oh my goodness, I ate a Biergarten for technically the second time a couple of weeks ago (first time was senior trip and I don’t really remember it!) and it blew me away. The variety of the food was outstanding. Truly something for every kind of eater, whether you like meat or lean more towards veggie options. Their potato leek soup was divine! My husband and I can’t wait to eat at Biergarten again

I really enjoyed the food at both Biergarten and Garden Grill, but the current dinner menu at GG sounds like a carb overload.

French fries, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese and stuffing? Really? Would it kill them to include some green beans or broccoli?

Biergarten is kinda noisy/crowded/overstimulating. Garden Grill is great but you've already got character meals covered. You say you love hibachi, I say go with Teppan Edo. It's a good value on the dining plan too.

German style food (with some American style mixed in for picky eaters).

As for the food, I dream of those salads!

The thing that worries me is the sauerkraut. I hate the stuff, hate the smell of the stuff. If the restaurant has a strong sauerkraut smell, that could be an instant turn off for me, LOL!

I have done all 3 and Biergarten is at the top of my list.

BTW, I am a picky eater.

The variety of the food was outstanding. Truly something for every kind of eater, whether you like meat or lean more towards veggie options.

SO glad I found this thread - everyone is being super helpful! Just reserved Biergarten for lunch! My sister and I will be with our 8-year-old cousin (whose mom is from Germany, btw!). I'm not SUPER picky, but I don't care for traditional German food (as a PP said, sauerkraut and its smell...not my thing!), and my sister prefers vegetarian options. I'm encouraged by this talk of salad and variety! Does anyone remember what kind of salads and veggie options were available? Oh, and do they have those soft pretzels in the buffet?
I'm looking forward to the atmosphere, even sharing a table. I guess I'd just like to make sure there's something for my sis, since I'm the one who booked it. Thank you for all the info so far!

Just did a little more research, I see they have pretzel buns available, plenty of dessert, and someone even mentioned deli meats!

I'm curious: What's in the tomato salad?!

Just did a little more research, I see they have pretzel buns available, plenty of dessert, and someone even mentioned deli meats!

I'm curious: What's in the tomato salad?!

Can’t help with the tomato salad as I don’t recall. But I do remember macaroni salad, cucumber and onion salad, some kind of red cabbage, applesauce, and the amazing German potato salad! And yes- delicious pretzel buns! Also spaetzle-not a salad but tiny little noodles-sooooo good!

When I was there two weeks ago the desserts were: Bavarian cheesecake (amazing with the red berry compote), Black Forest cake, pear crumble, watermelon slices, and mocha chocolate roulade.

I hope you find lots of yummy food!

We loved Garden Grill so much we ate there twice our last trip! We had lunch and dinner. And the only difference was at lunch they gave us sugar cookies in addition to the berry shortcake. I would go there. The characters came around several times and Pluto even sat at the table for a few minutes playing with us. Mickey I think was bored at dinner so he came over 4 times lol

If we’re talking chef Mickey- I’d drop that. We found hair in our food and they didn’t care. At all. If you want a quality breakfast, Ohana is the place to go. I had my own serving of food (can’t eat pork/cross contamination) and it was amazing. The scrambled eggs are amazing.

Do your hometown Hibachi and skip Teppan Edo. It will be very much the same. The menu at Garden Grill consists of food I make at home. It also seems a bit “heavy” for park touring to me. Breakfast there is too much food as well but I prefer it. DH and I love Biergarten...for food atmosphere and entertainment. The buffet has a variety of foods for even the pickiest of guests. The kids part of the buffet is pretty much like all kid’s sections. There are also options kids will like on the regular buffet. There are roast meats, sausages, noodle gratin, pickles, breads, spaetzle (which can be topped with gravy or butter), and some very nice desserts. As you can see, Biergarten has my vote but if you’re feeling the Garden Grill menu, that would be good too.

I've never eaten at any of your choices but can say that the full meal at Biergarten sounds a bit heavy for a summer meal. You can of course chose lighter dishes but that might lessen the value of the overall cost.

Since I've no idea when you are planning to travel just putting that out there as a way to help you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter