Gas Budget - DE to WDW

MinnieGi

DVC/BWV
We are planning a trip to the World first week in Feb. This will be our first time driving. Around how much should I expect to pay for gas for our trip up and back? We are driving from Wilmington, DE.

Thanks! :)
Gi

Hi MinnieGi,
The last time we drove (Aug. 01), I budgeted $100 for gas each way -- I remember thinking I was over-budgeting, but actually came pretty close to this. I think tolls were about $10.

I'm not sure how many miles your drive is. My round trip is 2000 miles and I get 28mpg. I spend anywhere from $80 - $110 for our gas. Last week was the most I've spent since gas prices are so high. Hope this helps.

We drove from Deptford New jersey in July and our gas costs were around 70.00 each way. We drove I 95 all the way.

Actually in order to give you a good estimate we need to know the type of vehicle you plan to drive. If you have an SUV or a Chrysler Van, then expect to pay out the big dollars. On the other hand if you have a more modern vehicle such as a recent model Honda Accord then you will pay half the amount.

Thanks everyone for your responses. It definetely gives me a ballpark idea of what to expect moneywise. :)

Bottlejet - good point about the vehicle - we'll be driving in a Toyota 4Runner - so I'll estimate on the high side of the $ figures I've been given.

Ltltee - thanks for including the toll amount too!

Thanks again,
Gi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter