GCV studio wait list

xWilliam

Mouseketeer
What's the likely hood of getting a studio room for 1 night at the Grand Californian in the middle of october? I decided Im going to rent points for future years, but this year we had to waitlist.

There aren’t many studios there, or units in general. So to answer your question it is unlikely to come through. I own there and I know I have to book 7+ months out or there are slim pickings. If you want to stay at GCV frequently I suggest thinking about buying there. My experience is by owning GCV I can use my points for both WDW and DL. I can usually find a WDW resort with availability at 6-7 months out. Maybe not my first choice resort or room type, but I can find something.

I am on the waitlist for mid-September for a 2 bedroom. I don't expect it to come through

I got 3 nights at VGC last October by waitlisting one night at a time. I had a waitlist for Sunday to Friday nights with a cash reservation at Paradise Pier. Around the beginning of August, I cancelled the waitlist because I needed the points for a long weekend at Poly in September. I got the idea to waitlist Friday night because CA Adventure was open until midnight. That came through within a couple weeks. So then I waitlisted Thursday night, it came through in another couple weeks. Then I waitlisted Wednesday, that came through about 28 days before checkin. I called Member Services to combine the reservations. The I called To change Paradise Pier to Sunday to Tuesday. If you are waitlisting one night now, I think you may have a chance.

50/50. We've waitlisted a lot. It used to be closer to 80% of the time the waitlist would come through. But with all these sales, especially Aulani, it's dropped to 50/50. That seems the going average. I'm afraid they've sold a lot of SoCal folks on the idea that they can buy Aulani and just book at VGC, but truth is, there's very limited options. However, you still have a much better chance with a single night.

PS, you can always try and trade some of your pts. for VGC. What is your home resort?

50/50. We've waitlisted a lot. It used to be closer to 80% of the time the waitlist would come through. But with all these sales, especially Aulani, it's dropped to 50/50. That seems the going average. I'm afraid they've sold a lot of SoCal folks on the idea that they can buy Aulani and just book at VGC, but truth is, there's very limited options. However, you still have a much better chance with a single night.

PS, you can always try and trade some of your pts. for VGC. What is your home resort?
are will to trade? do you own at VGC?, what would trade points for? PM me
Robin & Angel "D"

I would say you have a 30% chance. Normally, I would say 50% but with SWGE and HalloweenTime, I would say chances drop a lot. I have had one night (was able to book the other 3 nights 8 months out) waitlist come through for October for a studio this past October. It was a midweek day. Good luck! If you need rec's on good neighbor hotels in the area, please let me know.

October is becoming a VERY busy time in DLR. I hope it works out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter