General questions about events hosted by DIS

For the Dis special events that have taken place in the past -is park admission required? So for the Pandora party would we also need a park ticket on top of admission to the Pandora Party?

We are thinking of going, but would actually plan on limiting days of park tickets and forcing ourselves to enjoy the resort or other aspects of WDW resorts.

for the DIS 20th event - which was the EPCOT party, you did NOT need a park ticket on top of the party ticket - but then you obviously couldn't enter the park until the party time

For the Dis special events that have taken place in the past -is park admission required? So for the Pandora party would we also need a park ticket on top of admission to the Pandora Party?

We are thinking of going, but would actually plan on limiting days of park tickets and forcing ourselves to enjoy the resort or other aspects of WDW resorts.
For both parties I’ve gone to (diagon alley in 2015 and the 20th at Epcot) park admission was not required since the party began after regular park operational hours ended.

we like the river ride and when we were there a year ago (august 2017) our grandson, who was 3 at the time, LOVED that ride, which is really who it was built for...
there wasn't much in the way of little kid rides in AK before that...
I’m glad you like it. You’re actually the first person I’ve heard suggest that it was designed as a kiddie ride. That’s interesting.

I’m glad you like it. You’re actually the first person I’ve heard suggest that it was designed as a kiddie ride. That’s interesting.
I wouldn’t call it a kiddie ride. I’d call it an immersive family ride though. I enjoy it but wish it were longer. I wouldn’t wait more than 20 minutes for it.

it's a dark ride on a boat - just like all the other dark rides on a boat that are appropriate for the entire family - meaning toddlers included. Think "it's a small world".

Last edited:
Just thought of another question: since this is an after-hours event, will there still be Disney buses to take us to/from a "closed" park?

Last edited:

Just thought of another question: since this is an after-hours event, will there still be Disney buses to take us to/from a "closed" park?

I recall from the EPCOT event at the 20th they had to work out transportation because, as you indicate, normally there wouldn’t be Disney buses available

In the end the team arranged for private buses to bring people back (for a small additional charge) and also people on the boards arranged “car pools” amongst those who would have cars

I assume this will be like the last event and a dedicated thread will be started for the event and we will all get into Uber planner mode and continually ask for more details much earlier than John will have them :D

we will all get into Uber planner mode
- Wait - people can't use Lyft, or MinnieVans, or regular cabs? :crazy:

and continually ask for more details much earlier than John will have them

Wait - that's a thing?

Sorry - could NOT resist! :o :teeth: :tongue:

Last edited:
Have the dates been mentioned? I have never been able to make the previous ones but my August is crazy. I would love to plan around it!!

Have the dates been mentioned? I have never been able to make the previous ones but my August is crazy. I would love to plan around it!!
@glencoe - Here is a cut/paste from another thread here about this:

Party will be on Saturday August 10 with surrounding events August 7-11.

Ok, it’s October. Where’s the info, John? (hehehehehe!)

I just hope it’s out before the big ticket change. The AK/meet is 2 days before our trip, so we might add a few days depending on the details. I’ve been anxiously waiting for more info and prices so we can finalize our plans. Fingers crossed!

Anyone have a guess based on prior events on how fast it will sell out? I'm out of the country next week when they will likely announce. I've already got a trip planned for August, so would love to get tickets for this Dis event!

Anyone have a guess based on prior events on how fast it will sell out? I'm out of the country next week when they will likely announce. I've already got a trip planned for August, so would love to get tickets for this Dis event!
The DAP 2015 Diagon Alley party sold out in about 3 weeks if I remember correctly. That was a crazy week when it was announcened because PCC 6.0 was announced at nearly the same time. The Epcot party did not sell out from what I remember.

Unless this has a much lower max number I wouldn't worry too much about it selling out in a week or anything

Any ideas when they will be posting the sign up? This will be our first time being able to go and super excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter