General runDisney info, questions, and resources

Thanks for this thread; lots of good info here that helps this rD newbie. :)

Regarding the Expo day 1 and the Virtual Queue, where do I pickup pre-purchased merch? If I only want to pickup my bib, race shirt, and pre-purchased merch, do I need to join the VQ?
I've heard it both ways regarding joining the VQ for prepurchased merch and have no personal experience so I'm not sure. However, if you have no interest in the other rD merch, I highly suggest going to the expo later in the day. The lines for bib pickup, shirt, etc only exist the first few hours of the first day of the expo. After that, it's usually all walk up and no queuing.

Oh hey, one update that could actually belong here: Someone posted on FB that rD confirmed they're not doing any more virtual versions of in-person races. They'll still have the virtual summer and 12Ks of Christmas series.
I also asked this question and this was the answer (only virtuals will be summer and Christmas). WHEN will they update the summer series? Registration is next month and we have no idea what the theming will be?

I also asked this question and this was the answer (only virtuals will be summer and Christmas). WHEN will they update the summer series? Registration is next month and we have no idea what the theming will be?
Probably about 2 weeks before registration, if they follow the pattern they’ve been doing for the in-person weekends

I am running in a half marathon and have an after party ticket. My friend is supposed to come but kind of up in air about party ticket. Is it okay to buy the 2nd ticket in my name in case they don’t go and give to a new person that goes with me? I want to grab a ticket for the event before it sells out.

I am running in a half marathon and have an after party ticket. My friend is supposed to come but kind of up in air about party ticket. Is it okay to buy the 2nd ticket in my name in case they don’t go and give to a new person that goes with me? I want to grab a ticket for the event before it sells out.
I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a comment/question. Are you referring to this year's W&D half marathon? It includes access to the after party for the HM participant. You'll only need after party tickets for friends & family that aren't running the HM.

You can do that. When you purchase a ticket you don’t link it to anyone at time of purchase. You will get an email with a PDF attached that is your e-ticket. You can link it to someone in your MDE account or just print out the paper copy and use it for entry on the night of the party.

FYI, half and challenge runners will receive a plastic party ticket in the mail about 1-1.5 months before the race.

If using several devices to try to register the same individual, can every device be signed into the same rD account? Or does each device need to sign into a separate rD account and then the one that gets in first signs up that individual, not the owner of the rD account?

If using several devices to try to register the same individual, can every device be signed into the same rD account? Or does each device need to sign into a separate rD account and then the one that gets in first signs up that individual, not the owner of the rD account?
You can be signed into the same account

Is photo pass the only way to get race photos? I've never attended or participated in a race before. The FW 5K will be my first. I'm going by myself and meeting up with a friend.

Is photo pass the only way to get race photos? I've never attended or participated in a race before. The FW 5K will be my first. I'm going by myself and meeting up with a friend.
For character pics attendants will gladly use your phone

Is preorder merchandise available for purchase when you register for the race? When do they add the pics of the merchandise? I’m thinking I might want to preorder but don’t want to order something without some sort of visual.

Is preorder merchandise available for purchase when you register for the race? When do they add the pics of the merchandise? I’m thinking I might want to preorder but don’t want to order something without some sort of visual.
They had pre-order merch, with visuals, for Wine & Dine this month. But you can go in and add your pre-order merchandise after your registration is confirmed and paid for—don’t waste time during the actual registration process. And Club runDisney members will usually post the pics of the merch available when their registration window opens a week before general registration.

They had pre-order merch, with visuals, for Wine & Dine this month. But you can go in and add your pre-order merchandise after your registration is confirmed and paid for—don’t waste time during the actual registration process. And Club runDisney members will usually post the pics of the merch available when their registration window opens a week before general registration.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter