Germany to issue “immunity certificates” via antibody testing

I'm not sure this is a good idea. Could make people try to get the virus so they can get a job.
And they’re extremely foolish if they do, since they have no idea how it would affect them.

I’m not sure the best way to do something like this, but if they could get widespread antibody testing and more confidence on whether any immunity someone might get lasts, I can see the logic in it.

And they’re extremely foolish if they do, since they have no idea how it would affect them.

I’m not sure the best way to do something like this, but if they could get widespread antibody testing and more confidence on whether any immunity someone might get lasts, I can see the logic in it.

Agreed but if somebody is out of wok and cannot work from home and the only way to get back to work is to get an antibody certificate some people may feel they have no option. Not saying it's a good idea for the to do that but I can see people doing it.

I'm not sure this is a good idea. Could make people try to get the virus so they can get a job.

I suspect social services & unemployment are sufficient in Germany to drastically cut down the number of people who would find that wise.

Many thoughts come to my mind on this.

1. 100% sure there will be people who try to purposely inoculate themselves. Good or bad?
As I posted in another thread, there are instances of patients coming into the ED and trying to hide their past or current flu like symptoms because they don’t want to be quarantined, putting everyone in the ED at higher risk.

2. There is reasonable knowledge (even Fauci saying he would bet it is so) but no definitive conclusion by a study that this particular virus exempts people who were once infected. More on this in point 3 below.

3. There are enough studies to conclude that titer levels detected over time through serological tests is highly associated to severity of the disease. So, what does this mean for someone who had only mild symptoms, or no symptoms, being a vector? Not answered scientifically yet. For example, with MERS, it was shown that patients with mild symptoms did not have any detectable antibodies even at the 3-month post initial symptoms timeframe.

4. Related to 2 and 3, does the health department have a criteria for what level of titer detected can a certificate be issued?

5. The health department should NOT base any certification decisions on patients who used at-home tests. So many ways someone can cheat that.

6. Make sure the sensitivity and specificity of the particular test(s) used is high enough. And since no test is 100% sensitive and specific, require successive tests as confirmation. This is even SOP with presumptive cases. So, it better be to let people out.

7. It’s a good idea. As long as enough precautions and the right procedures are in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!