Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

We are thinking of going to DtD for a weekend trip. How is it getting in? I am a bit confused by it all.
What time is DtD open?
What time is parking open?
Which parking lots can we use?
Will they let us through if we have a morning and afternoon reservation?
Is it better to drive or get a hotel close by and walk?
How are lines on the weekend? Both getting in and getting to shop.

We do not mind waiting in lines just would like to be as prepared as possible.
Any one who has gone what has been your itinerary? Any other things to do near by for half a day.

We are thinking of going to DtD for a weekend trip. How is it getting in? I am a bit confused by it all.
What time is DtD open?

Any one who has gone what has been your itinerary? Any other things to do near by for half a day.
On the weekends the parking lot opens at 9:30am. The stores technically open at 10am but they usually are already open if you get in right away. For parking you use the Simba lot if you are parking on Disney property. You also have to enter the lot heading south on Disneyland drive. For reservations they will only let you through security 10 min before if they are limiting capacity when you get there.

On the weekends the parking lot opens at 9:30am. The stores technically open at 10am but they usually are already open if you get in right away. For parking you use the Simba lot if you are parking on Disney property. You also have to enter the lot heading south on Disneyland drive. For reservations they will only let you through security 10 min before if they are limiting capacity when you get there.
Thanks this helps a lot.
Are people usually lining up to the parking lot way before 9 am?

Thanks this helps a lot.
Are people usually lining up to the parking lot way before 9 am?
I don’t know. I always time myself to arrive in the area by 9:35 and I haven’t had any issues thus far. There’s usually a backup of cars on Disneyland Drive but it moves quickly.

I don’t know. I always time myself to arrive in the area by 9:35 and I haven’t had any issues thus far. There’s usually a backup of cars on Disneyland Drive but it moves quickly.
ok. That means could stay at the Hyatt Regency and drive and we should be ok.

Pro Tip: If you're going to DTD on a weekend, drop off your party at the Harbor Blvd taxi/uber/lyft pick-up/drop-off lot. Practically no wait to enter from there, while on the DLH side of DTD the line this morning was horrendous, wrapping all around the Grand Californian parking lot south of the old AMC Theater. And that's after the long wait to part in the Simba lot. This doesn't help the driver much, but your passengers will thank you once they exit back to the Simba lot and see what they missed. (Plan B: park somewhere else and take Uber/Lyft to the aforementioned Harbor Blvd location.)

We got lucky with a few things at DTD today:

1. We got to the lot moments after it opened and were among the first people in.

2. There was a limit of two on an item I wanted to buy at WOD. But the CM assisting me spoke with her manager and he allowed me to get four.

3 We ran into Abby (haven’t seen her in about eight weeks) and spoke with her for about 25 minutes. She’s always great and is happy and well.

One note: the CM who served me at WOD told me that they’ve been more flexible lately with allowing guests to let friends to use their APs for discounts.

I didn’t see any Mickey pumpkin pillows. I asked a CM and she told me that they’ve been sold out for awhile.

One other thing: I made a purchase of approx $175. I realized after I left that I’d only been given a 10% discount. I returned a short time later and explained that my AP allows me a 20% discount. The CM I spoke with made the correction quickly :-).

A few pics:

65DF9A2C-F1DB-478F-A8CB-FA431B5AAC17.jpeg

59B99B12-EA74-4FEF-9568-EE4FCF20849B.jpeg

Me and a friend with (a socially-distanced ;-)) Abby.
6A555582-7616-47CB-9171-2CF1717CFBC8.jpeg

1A4EAAEA-B7FC-4BCB-8DAD-3200ABE23DD7.jpeg

F5FB954C-D0B5-404D-9599-B624156B8925.jpeg

Last edited:
What time is DtD open?

Harbor entrance has no line. That is where I would go.

If you show up and your reservation is less than 15 minutes they will fast track you through the main entrance, skipping the line (Kind of shady to intentionally do, but worth knowing if you like working in the grey area)

We got lucky with a few things at DTD today:

1. We got to the lot moments after it opened and were among the first people in.

2. There was a limit of two on an item I wanted to buy at WOD. But the CM assisting me spoke with her manager and he allowed me to get four.

3 We ran into Abby (haven’t seen her in about eight weeks) and spoke with her for about 25 minutes. She’s always great and is happy and well.

One note: the CM who served me at WOD told me that they’ve been more flexible lately with allowing guests to let friends to use their APs for discounts.

I didn’t see any Mickey pumpkin pillows. I asked a CM and she told me that they’ve been sold out for awhile.

One other thing: I made a purchase of approx $175. I realized after I left that I’d only been given a 10% discount. I returned a short time later and explained that my AP allows me a 20% discount. The CM I spoke with made the correction quickly :-).

A few pics:

View attachment 534645

View attachment 534649

Me and a friend with (a socially-distanced ;-)) Abby.
View attachment 534647

View attachment 534650

View attachment 534651
Thanks for the photos and update, Rob! Welcome home -- hope your trip went well. It's good to have you back. Glad you got to reconnect with Abby. Funny about your being among the first to enter the DTD parking -- sort of like RD? Or as close as we get nowadays? ;)

Thanks for the photos and update, Rob! Welcome home -- hope your trip went well. It's good to have you back. Glad you got to reconnect with Abby. Funny about your being among the first to enter the DTD parking -- sort of like RD? Or as close as we get nowadays? ;)
Thank you! It’s nice to be back. The break was exceptionally refreshing. After this trip, though, I doubt I’ll travel again until after a vaccine is available and I’ve had it.

Yes, it did feel a bit like RD. It was a nice reminder of how things used to be and how they will, hopefully, be once again. One day :-).

Harbor entrance has no line. That is where I would go.

If you show up and your reservation is less than 15 minutes they will fast track you through the main entrance, skipping the line (Kind of shady to intentionally do, but worth knowing if you like working in the grey area)
We more than likely will stay at the Hyatt or a hotel not on the Harbor side unless we can get the Courtyard which seems booked. Can we still walk to the Harbor side if driving? I have not used the Harbor entrance in like 10 years.

We would like to eat at Jazz Kitchen and we will more than likely be there at opening but also do not mind waiting. Just was not sure if i should make a lunch reservation or wait to see if we even get in on time.

Have they said yet when they will open dining reservations for Carthay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter