Get Fit For Disney!

I went for a 4km jog today...and have been eating pretty good....i think i will make my weigh in day on Thursday...anyone want to join me and then we can say if we maintained or are up or down, a kind of accountability. :confused3

I got a great workout in yesterday playing in the snow with my DGD age 3. Up and down the hill with the sled. Only fell a couple of times! Then we built a snowman together. Of course, the hot chocolate I made with milk, Ghirardelli chocolate and whipped cream probably negated any workout benefit!

Sunshine would definitely help me too. I went home from work last night and crawled into bed. I've had a sinus headache for two days now and I'm just tired of it. I may leave work early and just go and try to melt the congestion in a hot shower. :headache:

I was still feeling bad when I got up last night and ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner! Not great but hardly a calorie bomb either!

If I do get home early I'm going to thaw out some whole wheat pizza dough (Wolfgang Puck is a kitchen god!) and make some pepperoni pizzas with turkey pepperoni and 2% mozzerella. DD came home last night with all A's on her report card and deserves a treat for it!

Oh, did anyone catch the "gifted" vs. average debate on the community boards yesterday? I guess I knew that the Dis had crazies too, but wow, that was an eye opener.

Joining in!!! We're heading for our first trip to WDW on Sept.21, staying at saratoga! After battling some hormonal imbalances all winter, I've gained 40 lbs! I've been pretty thin my whole life, so right now I feel horrible about the way I look at just want the weight OFF now that I'm starting to feel better from the hormonal imbalance leveling out!

Right now I just have no motivation to exercise whatsoever, but I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my calorie intake, and trying to get moving more around the house and not be such a couch potato! I'd really love it if I could fit back into my summer clothes, as we can't afford to buy me a new wardrobe after paying for Disney!

I went for a 4km jog today...and have been eating pretty good....i think i will make my weigh in day on Thursday...anyone want to join me and then we can say if we maintained or are up or down, a kind of accountability. :confused3

I will! I currently get weighed on Thursdays as it is. This weekend found my budget & diet blown to pieces... :sad2:

My son's birthday and somehow I spent more than I meant to on his birthday party. And between the pizza, garlic bread & birthday cake... ugh. It's a good thing tomorrow is Monday. On school days I walk 2.8 miles.

Anyways, last Thursday came & went. While I lost weight the previous Thursday, I gained this Thursday past. I'm blaming it on a monthly visitor however. ;)

I've jumped over from the September 2011 thread too!

My goal is to lose 4 pounds a month until then. I know I can lose more than that but I have a tendency to get wayyy obsessive about everything for about 3 months and then totally burn out and quit. So the goal is slow and steady. I won't quite be where I want to be by then, but I'll be down a lot and close, so 4 pounds a month is good.

We tried the taco muffin recipe from the biggest loser website this morning. they were good! Not really taco-y, more omlettey with some salsa. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know. It's kinda hard to find on the BL website. 235 calories for two omeletty mufffins.

Post more snack ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I have to hit the store today for supplies. Snackwise this week, I am going to go with laughing cow light and some whole grain crackers and an apple for my 2pm sugar crash.

I will probably pick up some frozen lunches for convenience sake this week (or soup, I do like soup). Breakfast is peanut butter puffins and skim milk. Oh, I do love puffins cereal! :o)

Dinners are going to be rough though. DS has swim lessons on Tuesday and Thursday starting this week and that means dinner has to be quick and easy, yet still healthy. I may do a batch of red beans and rice with turkey sausage on Tuesday and corndogs for the kids on Thursday (turkey club sandwich for me and DH on whole wheat).

I am also planning on trying the chicken tenders this week!

I bought a book at Sam's club called 150 Healthiest 15-Minute Recipes on Earth. I haven't made anything yet as I've had house guests and didn't want to experiment with them. But the recipes look really good and easy. To me, that's a big plus when I'm trying to do healthy menus. It's just so hard to change a lifetime of cooking!

I have really up'd my veggie intake and getting trying to get lowfat protein and have cut down on carbs....I was down 2 lbs today :lovestruc

I have really up'd my veggie intake and getting trying to get lowfat protein and have cut down on carbs....I was down 2 lbs today :lovestruc
Congrats to you and everyone else who has been losing weight and meeting goals!

I'm kind of down 2 lbs, but I usually only count in 4 or 5 pound increments. For me, anything less than that comes and goes as water weight too easily. But I know once I've lost a solid 4 or 5, it's for real! Hopefully, I'll make that announcement sooner than later! :yay:

For me, anything less than that comes and goes as water weight too easily.

I have the same problem. I fluctuate 2 or 3 pounds in a day between morning and evening. I've started weighing myself at the same time every morning to track progress. The scale's moved down a solid 3 pounds since the first of March but I've been lax so I need to get serious again.

I took DS to his first swim lesson last night and I have found the best arm workout ever! Holding a 40 pound toddler in front of you for half an hour in water is killer for your arms and shoulders!

I've also been reducing my carb intake and trying to be aware of the quality of carbohydrates I'm eating (whole grains vs. not for example).

It's challenging to sort through all the information out there to find what is good to know and what is just "pop" science!

I try to weigh myself at the same time each morning too.

This week has been super hard for me. The boys are on spring break, and we have been going out a lot doing things. When we are out and about, and we get hungry we end up eating out. Then I have a hard time finding something I want that is low calorie.

I guess the good thing is we walked all around a museum on Monday so lots of walking, and then yesterday we took a 2 hour hike at our local recreation area. I had only planned on hiking an hour, but the boys kept asking to go a little further until we had hiked an hour in, and had to turn around and come all the way back. Thank goodness for the energy of my 9 and 10 year old boys! :thumbsup2

I try to weigh myself at the same time each morning too.

This week has been super hard for me. The boys are on spring break, and we have been going out a lot doing things. When we are out and about, and we get hungry we end up eating out. Then I have a hard time finding something I want that is low calorie.

I guess the good thing is we walked all around a museum on Monday so lots of walking, and then yesterday we took a 2 hour hike at our local recreation area. I had only planned on hiking an hour, but the boys kept asking to go a little further until we had hiked an hour in, and had to turn around and come all the way back. Thank goodness for the energy of my 9 and 10 year old boys! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2Good for you...it kind be so hard when we get out of rooutine. I love hiking :love: it's exercise that doesn't feel like exercise!!!!!

I'm a September 2011 traveler! :cool1: My DM and I are headed down there the week of the 18th-24th, staying at CBR. And I am determined to be at least two sizes smaller when I get there!! So count me in!

I have made a pledge to work out three times a week at least, cut out soda, add a LOT more water, and cut out junk food entirely. It definitely won't be the easiest thing I've ever done, but I have no doubt is will be the most rewarding :) I'll be posting here, and I also have a WISH journal if you have any comments or suggestions...or if you're bored and have nothing better to read, lol! Here's the link:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2685191

I do want to say that this is probably the most supportive group of people I've ever been a part of- and I can't wait to share my success with you, and yours with me!

What a horrible day. Pastry for breakfast, Fast food for lunch, and candy in between. I need to get back on track for dinner at least and the past day or so has just been stressful.

4 Missouri state senators are trying to cut a deal to allow federal funding for unemployment to come through if we cut money to weatherize low income housing. Weatherization actually improves health and safety of homes (not just the cost of heating and cooling) and most of the people who are prioritized on the list have children or are elderly.

Sorry, I don't know what people's opinions are on this list, but the stress of constantly having to justify why we spend money on mitigating the effects of poverty is driving me to french fries and potato chips over and over again.

I must stop allowing Congress and the Missouri state legislature to make me fat.:mad:

Sorry, I don't know what people's opinions are on this list, but the stress of constantly having to justify why we spend money on mitigating the effects of poverty is driving me to french fries and potato chips over and over again.

I must stop allowing Congress and the Missouri state legislature to make me fat.:mad:

I think a lot of people can agree (regardless of party lines) that the government doesn't usually make sense. I wish politicians were more far-sighted than they are!

I hope you were able to save your evening with dinner. Sometimes, that can be the one saving grace of my whole day. Sometimes if I reach for potato chips, it's really just because I'm craving something salty- so instead I slice up a cucumber and put some vinegar and oil on them. Vinegar has been proven to aid in weight loss, and if you use olive oil, it has omega-3's. Then add the cucumber and it totally works for you! :)

Thanks JacksLilWench!

I got alot of exercise this weekend! We took down a bunch of small *trash* trees and I raked and hauled 8 huge piles of old oak leaves (I have an enormous yard to keep clean...or fail to keep clean is more correct!)

This is going to be a very active week so as long as I can keep on track with the right foods, it will be a good week to lose! DS has swim lessons two nights this week which requires me to get into the pool and move, then we are having company this weekend which will require cleaning the guest rooms and picking up the living areas, and I still have some planting and yard clean up to achieve!

I am on track and feeling pretty good. How about you guys?

We were cutting down trees this past weekend too. I hauled a lot of brush, and wood. We always cut a lot of wood over the summer to heat our house in the winter. I'm sure I burned some calories! I took a long walk yesterday too.

It was 80 degrees here in Michigan on Sunday! The bad news is our local ice cream place opened up for the season, and of course we went for ice cream Sunday night. :rotfl: Other than that, I have been doing great. I lost 1 more pound. A little closer to my goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!