Get our feet wet - or - JUMP RIGHT IN?

Susan,
That would make for a very amazing sight!:p I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Will you let me know about the seasickness when you get back?

Yes, I'll be sure to message you when we get back. We're spending a few days at Universal Orlando after the cruise, so we'll be returning the evening of May 6th. Hopefully my Bonine will work fine and I'll have good news to report! :)

Imgoingtodisney-

How was the weather on your cruise in Dec? We are thinking of going on a 7 day in late Nov. or early Dec.? Could you swim at CC??

hulagirl - just to let you know that we booked the 4-day because I have never cruised in my life and wasn't sure I would like it. Well the time is getting nearer and after all the reading and everything that I've done I really wish I had booked a 7-day one. So I also say JUMP :Pinkbounc right in the water sure looks warm and inviting.

Hey Everybody!:D
Well, we did it! We decided to jump on in with both feet! We're booked on the Magic - 7 night Eastern cruise - November 29, 2003! Yipee!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!:bounce:

Originally posted by hulagirl
Hey Everybody!:D
Well, we did it! We decided to jump on in with both feet! We're booked on the Magic - 7 night Eastern cruise - November 29, 2003! Yipee!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!:bounce:

Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!

You'll be so happy that you jumped right in with both feet! We took our first cruise ever, the DCL 4 night cruie last July. I was alittle worried since the 5 of us had never cruised before and I get seasick and motion sick at the drop of a dime, so does my daughter. Well, I used the patch and she used bonine and we loved it. We booked the 7 night Western while on board for this summer and when I couldn't wait for that any longer, I booked another 4 night that we took in January. So we're on 3 crusies within a year and I would have gone to many more if I could have. As far as I'm concerned though, I'll still book another 4 night at any time, even though I don't like the bahamas since any cruise on DCL is perfect in my book!
Carolyn

I love hearing all of this and can't wait for December to get here! Thanks for all the great replies! :D

Hi hulagirl :) We're back, and the news is good regarding seasickness. We were on the 4/26 Magic Western Cruise. Seasickness was not an issue for me at all! I took 2 Bonines every morning with breakfast. I also wore seabands the 1st night just to be on the safe side. That's the only night I wore them and they weren't even needed, and I never wore them again the rest of the week. I never felt the least bit nauseated. You CAN definitely feel the ship moving, but the Bonine seemed to work just fine... even each morning, before breakfast, when the prior day's Bonine had worn off, I still felt fine. I was truly shocked that I felt fine all week, as I am VERY prone to motion sickness. Granted, the seas were pretty calm all week, but we had a few nights were you could feel the ship rocking from side to side and it was kind of a weird feeling trying to keep your balance while walking down the halls, but even then I never felt sick. I was truly amazed! I can get sick reading the scroll across the bottom of the screen on CNN (no joke!!!!). So hopefully you'll be fine on your cruise! :)

Happy Sailing!
Susan

You made the right decision! The 7 day offers so much & is a better value for your$$. Your kids will enjoy the club & lab & you will have some time to relax for yourself.

Some say mid ship is the best location to avoid seasickness & a window so you can see the horizon. I'm fortunate, as I've never experienced it. The ship is very stable, even in high seas. A friend of mine swears by Sea Bands - about $7 a pair. My daughter's friend gets very car sick, but had no problems on the trip - no dramamaine, etc...

Don't worry about it & have a great time. It will be memories you will cherish for a lifetime!

:cool:

We have been on two carnival cruises, the first a 4 day. my idea, DH was not sure he wanted to cruise. On our last day of the cruise DH said that 4 days was not long enough & the next cruise would be 7 days. Two yrs later we took a 7 day cruise and loved it.
We now have a 4 day disney cruise booked for july. We are only doing 4 days because our GS is going with us & we are also spending 13 nights at WDW. If we were only cruising, or a shorter stay at WDW then we would be on the 7 day.

I hope this link works. This is a very good trip report about a family on the land & sea trip. If you want just click on the part about the cruise. There is also lots of pictures. We are even more excited about the cruise after reading this trip report.

http://brwombat.home.att.net/DisneyTrip.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter