Get out of the pool!! - Nine Nights, Three Resorts, and a Surprise Upgrade, July 2019 TR - Final Update 1/22

Those all sound like great options! And the Stormalong Bay/Yachtsman option means you could pop into Epcot for a bit if you were really jonesing for some park time. Epcot seems to handle crowds pretty well.
The thing is I have to stop thinking that way. When we had the annual pass, it would have been easy to plan taht. But I don't think we will have annual passes. But who knows! I did break down and start a pre trip report. I just needed a pick me up!

We made a quick break for the boat line as soon as the show ended and lucked out that a boat was arriving just as we got there and we were the last family boarded before they cut the line to wait for the next boat. It was a great final full Disney day.
Nice! Thte boar back is really nice from HS! And Yacht Club is the closest to the boat drop. We did the Star Wars dessert party so long ago. And only saw that show once!

Here’s Cora not wanting to leave our room at Beach Club.

50863381168_601d9ba320_z.jpg
I know taht feeling.

No more extra magic hours? Fastpasses? Will we see the Nemo show again? Hoop-dee-doo? Plus a bunch of other things. Our new addition to the family will, of course, be raised as a Disney kid, but how much of this Disney will he ever see? I hope we get many of the things we grew to love back, but I can’t help but fear that some of them are gone for good. I’m glad we have our memories, photos, and these trips reports to look back on and look forward to creating new Disney memories in the future, whatever they may look like.
They did just announce some shows reopening... I do hope tthat things like hoop dee do and the shows will all return as the crowds do.

I do hope and think that the next time you guys go with the newest addition to your family will be so different and magical in a different way that hopefully some of those items wont' matter. I hope! I also hope some come back

It looks like a great trip! I’m with Cora and never want to leave. DH pretty much has to drag me away from Disney. A park visit on your last day is a good way to ease out of the magic.

I’m with you in all the changes Disney has made. It’s a little concerning and sad when I think of the current Disney. I have said to my husband so many times that I am so glad we took all the Disney trips we did take with our boys. I do feel like things are coming back slowly but surely. I’m glad park hopping is back albeit modified, but it’s back, and I’m thrilled that the Festival of the Lion King will be returning this summer. I do think as the weeks and months pass, more things will return, but I can’t shake the feeling that it will just be different. I’m sure we’ll adapt just fine and get used to the new normal, just like everything else currently.

I’m looking forward to your PTR and let us know when the baby arrives! Good luck!

Enjoyed reading about your trip! Thanks for sharing with us. I have been wondering the same things about our next trip. Will we enjoy it as much as we always have...I'm sure it will be great, but it's definitely going to be different.

Thanks for reading! There really are so many unknown surrounding future trips. I'm hoping it will still be amazing, just different, rather than us spending a lot of the time missing things that are no longer around.

The thing is I have to stop thinking that way. When we had the annual pass, it would have been easy to plan taht. But I don't think we will have annual passes. But who knows! I did break down and start a pre trip report. I just needed a pick me up!

I will have to check that out! It really does help to lift the spirits.

Nice! Thte boar back is really nice from HS! And Yacht Club is the closest to the boat drop. We did the Star Wars dessert party so long ago. And only saw that show once!

Yes! I've had a couple of moments of looking longingly at the entrance to Yacht Club after getting off the boat after a long day with the walk back to Beach Club still ahead of us. It's obviously not much further at all, but can feel like it when you're that tired, especially staying in the Villas.

They did just announce some shows reopening... I do hope tthat things like hoop dee do and the shows will all return as the crowds do.

I saw FOTLK is coming back in a modified form, which makes me very happy. However, I also saw that there will be no tumble monkeys as part of the modification, and they were my favorite part of the show/

I do hope and think that the next time you guys go with the newest addition to your family will be so different and magical in a different way that hopefully some of those items wont' matter. I hope! I also hope some come back

Some of them had better come back! lol. I hate to think that the baby will never get to experience some of these things as he grows.

It looks like a great trip! I’m with Cora and never want to leave. DH pretty much has to drag me away from Disney. A park visit on your last day is a good way to ease out of the magic.

I mean, I am also right there with her, but have to pretend to be strong lol.

I’m with you in all the changes Disney has made. It’s a little concerning and sad when I think of the current Disney. I have said to my husband so many times that I am so glad we took all the Disney trips we did take with our boys. I do feel like things are coming back slowly but surely. I’m glad park hopping is back albeit modified, but it’s back, and I’m thrilled that the Festival of the Lion King will be returning this summer. I do think as the weeks and months pass, more things will return, but I can’t shake the feeling that it will just be different. I’m sure we’ll adapt just fine and get used to the new normal, just like everything else currently.

Yes, I'm with you and can't help but think we've visited the WDW we knew for the last time. I know we will still love it and have many magical experiences/memories ahead of us, but I'm sure some things have changed forever. But yes, we'll adapt. As I mentioned above, I'm also thrilled about FOTLK coming back (in some form), but am sad to lose the tumble monkeys and hope they'll be returned to the show at some point.

I’m looking forward to your PTR and let us know when the baby arrives! Good luck!

I definitely will! I'm sure I'll end up posting new baby pics in the PTR. And thank you!

Yes! I've had a couple of moments of looking longingly at the entrance to Yacht Club after getting off the boat after a long day with the walk back to Beach Club still ahead of us. It's obviously not much further at all, but can feel like it when you're that tired, especially staying in the Villas.
yeah but you are practically in the park with thos villas! I always want to stay in that one literally right at the bridge!

I saw FOTLK is coming back in a modified form, which makes me very happy. However, I also saw that there will be no tumble monkeys as part of the modification, and they were my favorite part of the show/
I have hope that over time some of these things will return as well. We have a long way to go!

I just read through your entire trip report this afternoon/evening and I really enjoyed it. I actually was in WDW the same time - 7/20-7/30/2019, but I didn't see myself in the background of any of your pictures. I don't think we did any of the parks on the same days, looking at my trip plan document from 2019. I remember that really wet day mid-trip - my friend and I were at Magic Kingdom and I have a fond memory of the spitting tiki statues in Adventureland. We were already soaked, so we had a blast getting sprayed by them. I think other people thought we were crazy. :rotfl:

I too had some amazing trip plans that got canceled by Covid - especially my April 2020 Disneyland trip. I had gotten into the Grand Californian at the 7 month mark, and I had reservations for the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Package, among other things. I also had a really involved summer 2020 WDW trip planned that got totally gutted to a bare bones trip that I ended up taking. I'm working on writing a trip report, but this school year has been exhausting, so I haven't even started posting it yet. I've also been working on planning a summer 2021 trip, and there's just still so much uncertainty that makes planning things extra challenging.

Congratulations on finishing your Ph.D.! I, too, have done school work (not a Ph.D., though) at WDW and .... blah. Also, congratulations on your new little one!

yeah but you are practically in the park with thos villas! I always want to stay in that one literally right at the bridge!

So you're saying I *shouldn't* tell you about that time I was sitting in my Beach Club Villa and decided at 8:45p to go see the 9:00 Illuminations - and made it?

I have a do nothing day off of work today and read your report from the beginning since I forgot all about it.
I‘m glad you came back and finished it. I really enjoyed it!
We did the sit down MK dessert party on our last trip and we loved it! I’m with your husband and love the egg rolls, yum!
Congrats on the baby addition!
I sure Hope we can all enjoy WDW soon And I hope in time some of our favorite parts come back!

UPDATE

I'm so sorry that I've been gone and non-responsive. I haven't really spent much time on the DIS for the past several months outside of the news thread, and have minimally looked at that. I lost my mojo for working on this trip report (and connecting with Disney in general) with all the COVID stuff. It’s been a hell of a year. We had the trip of our dreams planned this past summer and ended up having to cancel it. We went back and forth on going, but ultimately decided that it was not worth the risk.

I work in a hospital setting, so it’s been non-stop tension. Fortunately, I’m on the mental health side of things (psychologist), so I’ve been able to avoid direct patient exposure for the most part, but mental health issues have also skyrocketed and it’s been pretty rough. With all that’s been going on and the uncertainty around it I just haven’t been feeling reliving past Disney trips. However, we now have a future trip tentatively on the horizon and I’m starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, so I thought I’d come back and wrap this thing up, especially since I was already so close to being done.

There has been one more development this year.

50737109932_33935f0e74_z.jpg

That’s right. New baby expected April 2021! So our future trips will look a little different. I’m thinking of doing a PTR for our next trip, as it will have some significant differences from our trips of the past. We will be dealing with a new baby, the unknowns of post-COVID WDW, and, for the first time, extended family tagalongs. If I end up starting it, I’ll link it here.

How are you all doing??? When are you planning to go back? If you've been back since all this mess started and they reopened, how was it?

Anyway, enough with the update, back to the magic. Several additions to follow.
Congratulations on your new little one! We have a 10week old, born in January, and it’s nice to see that positive things can come out of even the toughest years. 🤗

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter