Getting a. Return time on FOP

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I couldn,t get any FP for Fop but was thinking of getting return time.Is this possible? Are there still crowds of people in that area waiting on line? I did manage to get a Navi River Fp in the morning so maybe before that ride I can use DAS for FOP. Are the rides near each other? I wont want to be in a very large crowd of people trying to get to FOP. I’m already getting anxious. I imagine the FP wait is going to be long too. Maybe I’ll convince my kids FOP is lame and to be happy with Soarin.

unless you go right when park opens and are in the morning ( first 5 minutes) rush you will be fine ( they do a good jusb of crowded controll, but like at any ride you could have the person that does not have a FP another one asking for a child swap, and another with a question about the ride all there at the same time that you are asking for a retrun time so some times it does take a few minutes to get a retrun time ( 7DMT is the same way ) I really like FOP and the FP wait really is not that bad ( 5-10 minutes before the first preshow room) I would get a DAS before the river ride FP and then go on the river rides and then take in some of pandora or go see the lion King show ( depenind on how long your wait for FOP is)

You can get a return time, but it is the stand by line minus 10 minutes, so if the stand by line is 3 hours long, your return time will be 2 hours, 50 minutes. This is only a problem if you want another DAS return time, since you won't be able to get another return time until you have used the FOP return time. I would go straight to FOP and get the return time IF you can go at rope drop.
Na'vi is nearby, so you could ride using your FP, then kill some time looking at the shops or taking photos in Pandora before your DAS return time.

Even with the crowds of people, it's fairly easy to approach FoP entrance from the side to get a return time. Go past the line and up to the CMs from the right hand side.

Navi is right next to it, so you can be there in a minute or so after getting a return time for FoP.

While waiting for Fop, you can explore shop at the exit (I forget the name of it) or eat at the quick serve place in Pandora. Even if it's no meal time, they have some really cool snacks in there. By the time you ride Navi, explore the shop, and eat even a snack there, you should be close to your return time without leaving the area.

It's also a cool looking little area to explore and take photos in. There are sometimes performers across from the rides and some interactive stuff to play with, if I remember correctly. I think I remember seeing people messing with some kind of light things or drums or something. Never stopped to look close, so can't be positive what it was.

You can get a return time, but it is the stand by line minus 10 minutes, so if the stand by line is 3 hours long, your return time will be 2 hours, 50 minutes. This is only a problem if you want another DAS return time, since you won't be able to get another return time until you have used the FOP return time. I would go straight to FOP and get the return time IF you can go at rope drop.
Na'vi is nearby, so you could ride using your FP, then kill some time looking at the shops or taking photos in Pandora before your DAS return time.
Or time it where you have other FPs during FOP, this is a prime reason why I like Disneyland's FP approach better, as you can only book FP the same day, etc. you can easily get your return time, then get FPs for other attractions while waiting.

It's also a cool looking little area to explore and take photos in. There are sometimes performers across from the rides and some interactive stuff to play with, if I remember correctly. I think I remember seeing people messing with some kind of light things or drums or something. Never stopped to look close, so can't be positive what it was.

yes there are drums that you can play with and a drum show every hour or half hour it is fun to see, also there is the man that is in that suit ( forgot what the name of it is) that comes out on the other side ( where the store/ food is) I think 2x or 3x a day he is fun to talk too. if you have a 60-90 minute wait you can easily stay in Pandora for that wait anything over I would go explore another area of AK

I linked youtube video in case seeing something beforehand will help you know what to expect if you do not want to see the show that they do ( the drum one) then I would not watch it. the other one ( the suite one) changes since it is more of a Q and A with the guest

here is a link to the pandora suite
not sure when or how many times he comes out ( I want to say it is in the mornings and around lunchtime.) He will come out the far right part of Pandora beyond the FOP lines and where the store food pace is.

here is the drum show
This happens more times then the suit guy coming out. This is to your right after you get into Pandora and before you get to the river ride.

also, there are the Flaska plants and when you touch it smoke/steam comes out of it it is cool for about 1 minute.
This is too your right when you walk in.

Even with the crowds of people, it's fairly easy to approach FoP entrance from the side to get a return time. Go past the line and up to the CMs from the right hand side.

Wouldn't that be cutting past all the other people lined up to have access at that point? Everyone in the FP queue needs to have the attention of the CM, don't they? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to get in the queue to ask for a DAS return time?

Wouldn't that be cutting past all the other people lined up to have access at that point? Everyone in the FP queue needs to have the attention of the CM, don't they? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to get in the queue to ask for a DAS return time?
no it is not cutting in line often times at space the line for FP is pretty fair out and I have always gone around and walked up to the CM and asked they can easily give me a DAS while still watching the people going in the FP line. I would think it would be more unfair to stand in the FP line and then when you get up to the front have everyone behind you wait for you to get a return time and then having everyone behind you pushing forward to go around you. I just do not want to think of the problems this would case. So no I will not feel bad about going around people in the FP line to ask for a return time.

NO, that is how it is supposed to be done. At FoP, there are always 3 CMs, one with the iPad to do the DAS return times. Most other queues are the same. There is always an extra CM. It never holds up a line.

NO, that is how it is supposed to be done. At FoP, there are always 3 CMs, one with the iPad to do the DAS return times. Most other queues are the same. There is always an extra CM. It never holds up a line.
exactly

thanks for the info - I've never noticed the 3rd CM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter