getting into a 2 BR that's not your 'home'

firedogemb

Earning My Ears
How much of a chance is there to get a 2 br at a DVC that's not your home resort? We usually visit end of Oct- beginning of to mid Nov.

Leslie :listen:

We didn't have any problems getting a 2 br at BWV or SSR on our last trip. Neither one is our home, but we did book them about 6 months out and had to be slightly flexible with our dates. BWV was a lock off, but SSR was dedicated. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

firedogemb said:
How much of a chance is there to get a 2 br at a DVC that's not your home resort? We usually visit end of Oct- beginning of to mid Nov.

Leslie :listen:

You don't mention which resort you would be looking at getting into, but you should consider that BWV and BCV would probably be more difficult to get into because of the Food and Wine Festival going on at Epcot. The others, especially OKW and SSR are larger and would probably be easier.

I would think your chances would be good at SSR or OKW, but be sure to book at the 7 month window. The only problem is the Food/Wine ;)

I've heard that because of the popularity of the Food and Wine festival, BCV and BWV can be tough to get for Oct or Nov at 7 mos out. You could probably get SSR or OKW at 7 mos out for Oct or Nov since they are much larger. :)

You could always use the waitlist. I have read many people's success stories on these boards with waitlists. :)

What is your home resort? You could always book it at 11 mos and then call at 7 mos and try to switch your reservation to another resort. You don't mention which non-home resort you'd be trying to get. There are probably others on these boards who can help you more if they knew what resort you'd be trying for. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter