Getting the view/room you want

LSW

Earning My Ears
Thanks to this wonderful forum I have narrowed my search to where I would like our room to be at BCV. We are staying in a studio and would like to be on the Epcot side for a great viewing of illuminations. I also like the idea of having a "dedicated" studio and being close to an elevator. I have a couple of rooms in mind (561, 555 etc) but due to what i have read it is not a good idea to request a specific room, to limit your requests and put your requests in order of importance.

How would you recommend I go about requesting - in disney lingo - what I want with out exactly saying which room I want.

Any help would be great.

You have quite a few requests there, so I would itemize them into your priority.

Is handicapped or not also a request? How about smoking?

So you would have

1. Handicapped/non-handicapped
2. Smoking/non-smoking
3. Garden view (road side)
4. Near the elevator
5. Dedicated

I think you are limited to two, maybe three requests.

Deb & Bill said:
You have quite a few requests there, so I would itemize them into your priority.

Is handicapped or not also a request? How about smoking?

So you would have

1. Handicapped/non-handicapped
2. Smoking/non-smoking
3. Garden view (road side)
4. Near the elevator
5. Dedicated

I think you are limited to two, maybe three requests.

And it is important to realize your requests are just that - "requests" and are not guaranteed. Disney states they will do their best to fill your requests. Annmarie

With DVC, you will be taking lots of trips in the future, so worrying too much about exact location is probably not necessary. Simplify your requests to 2-3 and make them very general. Look at your list and pick the most improtant request to you. If it is view, then ask for road/garden, because Epcot view is not a request MS will accept. If smoking preference is important to you, make that a request. If dedicated studio is an important request, then you might want to add that one, although, I am not sure there are dedicated studios at BCV. Someone here will know that though. Keep in mind that the more requests you make, the less likely you are to get what you REALLY want.

There are dedicated studios at BCV because we stayed in one about two years ago.

I've got the numbers...

36 dedicated studios
74 max. lockoff studios (if all lockoffs were used seperate 1bdrm and studio units)

Yep, LSW, you did your research! x55 and x61 would be great dedicated epcot view studios. X25 and x31 might work as well but x25 is handicapped and the 4th floor of those two might be smoking (not sure). (where x = floor number) I would think the third floor and up would have the better views.

You can alway hope, but the odds of getting one of those 8 rooms (if you eliminate HA and Smoking) out of a possible 110 is slim. Give it a shot but be realistic...

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

LSW said:
Thanks to this wonderful forum I have narrowed my search to where I would like our room to be at BCV. We are staying in a studio and would like to be on the Epcot side for a great viewing of illuminations. I also like the idea of having a "dedicated" studio and being close to an elevator. I have a couple of rooms in mind (561, 555 etc) but due to what i have read it is not a good idea to request a specific room, to limit your requests and put your requests in order of importance.

How would you recommend I go about requesting - in disney lingo - what I want with out exactly saying which room I want.

Any help would be great.

Just be as polite and respectful towards the CM when you check in and I am sure they will do whatever they can to grant your request.

They have for us in the past anyway.

We just returned from our first BCV stay and it was wonderful. The only rudeness observed was by other members... We only request non-smoking and we have always been very happy with rooms/locations.

Our stay was in room 228. It was a handicaped room that had a huge deck overlooking the quiet pool. It was the biggest deck of any room that I could see. My kids really enjoyed playing and coloring from that spot. We were also treated to views of Wishes one night.

I'm not sure I agree about all of the hubub regarding handicapped rooms , CMs, or conditions of rooms at BCV. We were thoroughly happy with the experience. (Except the blistering July heat, of course..)

Dedicated or lockoff isn't actually a request. They reserve one or the other when you make the reservation in order to keep track of lockoffs available to combine for a 2 bedroom. You can call and ask which they have reserved for you.

CapeCodFam said:
We just returned from our first BCV stay and it was wonderful. The only rudeness observed was by other members... We only request non-smoking and we have always been very happy with rooms/locations.

Our stay was in room 228. It was a handicaped room that had a huge deck overlooking the quiet pool. It was the biggest deck of any room that I could see. My kids really enjoyed playing and coloring from that spot. We were also treated to views of Wishes one night.

I'm not sure I agree about all of the hubub regarding handicapped rooms , CMs, or conditions of rooms at BCV. We were thoroughly happy with the experience. (Except the blistering July heat, of course..)

I agree. If you don't get your requests... the way to deal with it is NOT by cussing out the CM. I once heard a man at OKW use words I can't post on the DIS since his "DEMANDS" were not meant. He was writing down the CMs name and threatening to sue... Personally at that point, I would have found the WORST room possible and stuck the idiot in there. (Like the one the last guest totally destroyed that you had planned to take out of service) He was so bad that the manager came out and told the idiot that if he didn't calm down security would be called.... he told them if they "touched" him he would sue... security showed up and he actually shut up. (His wife also drug him out of there!) This was near Christmas and the place was full.

I think his demand was for a certain room and he felt like the guest who was already there should be thrown out since "I am an ORIGINAL member" It's folks like him who give us all a bad name.....

CapeCodFam said:
ITA. We've stayed in a HC room before. It wasn't the ideal, but it wasn't anything that I would allow to ruin our trip. I understand the need for the rooms, and if they have extras someone has to have them. When I got one I was happy that I didn't need it, and went on with my trip. I may have a room preference, but I don't get upset over views or stuff like that, as long as they don't put us in a room at Universal Studios, of course.
Now if I had a health concern that demanded a HC room, or a NS room and they didn't meet it, thats a bit of a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter